Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net - page 79. (Read 409571 times)

legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
I was out for day pools have some DDoS issues working on it now should be back to normal soon
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001
Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card
Most of the time I'm either colse to ROI or slight profit. so even at slight loss it's worth the .0001 or .0002 BTC to get the data.

With 6 coins all with own dif and price at exchange this is only way to really see what is going on. It did seem to bring the price down on some rigs. And if some people still want to rent at a higher price well good for the rig owners. can use this to see if renting rig out makes sense as well.

I'm not sure how much of BTC i send goes to rig owner and how much to site.
legendary
Solutions Architect
still trying to work on a solution to the elt issues I am not happy with the way its running atm  Undecided

appreciate the comparisons mogrith it really does show people the real world results which I think is very useful
legendary
Price for rental has dropped from 22 t0 13 so doing another rental so will add another tab to sheet when it is done.
legendary
Well not exactly for buying but this has been 3 different rentals I have done.

ELT was not working on 3rd rental and UMO was added but it might give you a way to see a GH/s/HR to rough BTC per hr

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Or_F4MQlmGPeTr7M9hwbfdi6zGvEFk5kYuO0PTL4Wss/edit#gid=1900263242
Activity: 520
Merit: 253
Maybe this has already been covered somewhere, but what are your guys' current profitability for mining in the merged-mined Blake pool? How does it compare to your initial investment for mining equipment? Thanks!
I haven't really factored in mining equipment, but as for ongoing profitability ratio (gross returns per electric bill), Blake on FPGAs is better than anything I've come across. With my current electricity prices, the ratio is over 10, while it would be about 4 for Bitcoin on ASICs. While this depends on your local prices, it won't change the relative position between these.

(BTW, props on your choice of avatar -- not that I'd ever use a celebrity face myself Wink)
Activity: 423
Merit: 250
Maybe this has already been covered somewhere, but what are your guys' current profitability for mining in the merged-mined Blake pool? How does it compare to your initial investment for mining equipment? Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
on 7970 i use worksize 256 g 2 lowest memory possible, fastest engine clock that won't crash ,

I don't know if this has been covered before but I have found that for Tahiti based cards (280x 7850) the worksize should be set to 64 for best performance.   This gave me a nice 10% performance increase as previously I had been using 128 without realizing.  Older cards should probably leave it at the default 128.

Anyone have any other experiences to share?
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
anyone use geforce with blake256?

im interested in hashrates, so comments will be very appreciated

Nvidia performance is not great cudaminer is not well tweaked for Blake-256 and OpenCL is not as fast on Nvidia card

That said it does run with the cgminer and there are miners using Nvidia cards to mine with best thing is to just give it a try
optimisation is the key
look how was x11 optimised on amd
so...maybe someone will take close look at cudaminer too..
legendary
Solutions Architect

Nvidia performance is not great cudaminer is not well tweaked for Blake-256 and OpenCL is not as fast on Nvidia card

That said it does run with the cgminer and there are miners using Nvidia cards to mine with best thing is to just give it a try
Activity: 93
Merit: 10

legendary
Solutions Architect
I don't know if this has been covered before but I have found that for Tahiti based cards (280x 7850) the worksize should be set to 64 for best performance.   This gave me a nice 10% performance increase as previously I had been using 128 without realizing.  Older cards should probably leave it at the default 128.

some people also report that odd worksize with newer drivers works quite well e.g 255

thanks for sharing your results
Activity: 215
Merit: 100

legendary
Solutions Architect
Issue on EU3 with MMP I am fixing it now
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
http://fuk.io - check it out!
BLC has really good dev it will get right price in future. Good investment for now!
legendary
Solutions Architect
since im quite new to fpga's can someone point me in the right direction on a step by step of what i need to do to set my cairnsmore 1 up for blakecoin mining?

There is not much I can add to what has been said by BlueDragon and sidgrip. Just be sure to load the hashvoodo firmware via spiprog (or impact) before flashing the blake bitstream. I'll add those notes to the CM1 github README as it's a bit terse at the moment. EDIT: OK, that's done. Let me know if I can improve it or if there are any errors.

I didn't find the CM1 to be very reliable (at least the one I was testing on, borrowed from BlueDragon) as it kept dropping off the USB every few hours, needing a complete power cycle (including disconnecting and reconnecting the USB cable) to reset it. While the CM1 appears to be of really good build quality, there were some design issues with the USB, the clock distribution and the broken serial chaining of the FPGA devices. Later devices were apparently slightly better (serial number 0051 onwards, see here), but I don't know if Enterpoint ever got it properly up to production quality (and I'm not reading all the way through that thread to find out). There is also some useful background information on the Hashvoodo thread.

I  have an old (actual age unkown) CM1 acquired from ebay a few weeks ago and I had that same reliability issue mentioned (USB dropping off requiring disconnect, power cycle etc etc).  I was running the CM1 and a ZTEZ 1.15y in the same instance of cgminer and the CM1 would fail every few hours for no apparent reason.

One of two things seemed to fix it and its now been running rock a solid 1.5Gh for a couple of weeks.  Firstly I compiled and now run separate instances of cgminer 3.1.1 for the CM1 and the 1.15y with only Icarus and ZTEX enabled respectively.  Secondly, I moved the CM1 onto a USB3.0 port on the back of the rig instead of the USB2.0 port it was using. I think it was the USB3,0 port that fixed it but I'm loathe to upset the apple cart by trying to prove/disprove that.

yeah I also found a short USB lead was good and not all cables created stability some made it more unstable  Undecided

not tried USB 3.0 port but have some will give it a go  Cool
Activity: 236
Merit: 100
since im quite new to fpga's can someone point me in the right direction on a step by step of what i need to do to set my cairnsmore 1 up for blakecoin mining?

There is not much I can add to what has been said by BlueDragon and sidgrip. Just be sure to load the hashvoodo firmware via spiprog (or impact) before flashing the blake bitstream. I'll add those notes to the CM1 github README as it's a bit terse at the moment. EDIT: OK, that's done. Let me know if I can improve it or if there are any errors.

I didn't find the CM1 to be very reliable (at least the one I was testing on, borrowed from BlueDragon) as it kept dropping off the USB every few hours, needing a complete power cycle (including disconnecting and reconnecting the USB cable) to reset it. While the CM1 appears to be of really good build quality, there were some design issues with the USB, the clock distribution and the broken serial chaining of the FPGA devices. Later devices were apparently slightly better (serial number 0051 onwards, see here), but I don't know if Enterpoint ever got it properly up to production quality (and I'm not reading all the way through that thread to find out). There is also some useful background information on the Hashvoodo thread.

I  have an old (actual age unkown) CM1 acquired from ebay a few weeks ago and I had that same reliability issue mentioned (USB dropping off requiring disconnect, power cycle etc etc).  I was running the CM1 and a ZTEZ 1.15y in the same instance of cgminer and the CM1 would fail every few hours for no apparent reason.

One of two things seemed to fix it and its now been running rock a solid 1.5Gh for a couple of weeks.  Firstly I compiled and now run separate instances of cgminer 3.1.1 for the CM1 and the 1.15y with only Icarus and ZTEX enabled respectively.  Secondly, I moved the CM1 onto a USB3.0 port on the back of the rig instead of the USB2.0 port it was using. I think it was the USB3,0 port that fixed it but I'm loathe to upset the apple cart by trying to prove/disprove that.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000
ELT network has issues and is being looked into by dev and myself

PHO on NY2 is due to a stuck cron forcing it now should be back to normal soon
Fixed  Wink
Ty
legendary
Solutions Architect
ELT network has issues and is being looked into by dev and myself

PHO on NY2 is due to a stuck cron forcing it now should be back to normal soon
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000
Anyone else not getting a payout ,,, from Electron or Photon? rounds end but nothing happens no coin is moved into the unconfirmed column.... both coins no payout since 6:38 pm last night??? eastern time.... and they appear to be hashing with estimates and new block will start and it as if the last block never happened. on ny2 pool
Pages:
Jump to: