Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net - page 74. (Read 409571 times)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10
gaalx, I take issue with such complaints. if you bought a bunch of blc, and feel it should be promoted in a more short-term way, then you are free to spend your time doing that. it is an open source software project, and not only that, but it's a project in which you can be compensated monetarily for your contributions (provided you hold enough coins).

however, you could also take advantage of the current lack of interest amongst the derp multitudes, and just buy up a shit-ton of blc for nothing. if you're willing to wait to see how things turn out, i think this is a better approach than trying to whip up the idiots to buy your coins from you at a modest profit today. in the long run, the features and ecosystem built around blc will be what drives its success. i personally don't imagine it will eclipse bitcoin, which has an enormous advantage in terms of network effects. but i think blc can be very influential on the future development of bitcoin, and may also have a healthy little economy on its own due to the games and other apps that get developed around it.

Activity: 411
Merit: 250
tough times for Blake. Trade practically on zero.
legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
all pools dead?

eu3/ny2 are DDoS atm bringing them back up now

Edit:

eu3 and ny2 should be back online now
Activity: 93
Activity: 75
BlueDragon -

Hi! I don't think we've met before. I'm a rep for Prypto. Caught your little tiff with Bryce on Twitter the other day which is how I found out about you and your projects. We're really interested in working with game devs to help promote their product by way of producing crypto retail gift cards. Like you buy Wii Points or Microsoft Points, we want to get indie developers' cryptocurrencies into places like GameStop and Target as well. I personally also have a few connections with the games industry, mostly via The Escapist, which might help improve your publicity. Is this something that would interest and you and if so, what's the best method of communication?
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
I see the other coins are transacting again.  My t
Hi, looks like mining transactions for coins other than BLC stopped yesterday.  I'm mining at CG1.  Is there an issue?

ok will take a look could be an issue with mmp normally dont get much issue with cg1 
I see the other coins are transacting again.  Thanks for such a quick response!

no problem I did not notice been bit busy with things, if you notice any other issues please report I will try and fix them asap
I will and thanks again.
legendary
Solutions Architect
Hi, looks like mining transactions for coins other than BLC stopped yesterday.  I'm mining at CG1.  Is there an issue?

ok will take a look could be an issue with mmp normally dont get much issue with cg1 

no problem I did not notice been bit busy with things, if you notice any other issues please report I will try and fix them asap

legendary
Solutions Architect
Hi, looks like mining transactions for coins other than BLC stopped yesterday.  I'm mining at CG1.  Is there an issue?

Edit:
yeah the mmp had crashed out I did reset it yesterday but it seems to have crashed almost immediately after

I will monitor it a bit better make sure its running for hours
legendary
Solutions Architect
still busy with game dev but I have merged the changes from Cinnamon's fork

hope to have some other news soon  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
legendary
Solutions Architect
Blue could you add any new MM coins to this registry here as and when they're made: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8668650

Ahmed

sure no problem will let you know  Cool
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.
Blue could you add any new MM coins to this registry here as and when they're made: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8668650

Ahmed
Activity: 411
Merit: 250
No Asik. This will kill the algorithm.
legendary
Solutions Architect
I'm just going to throw this out there, so don't cut my head off!

I think what I meant with the whole CryptoNote idea, was that it would be powerful with a coin that uses this solution to all "Bitcoin" altcoins pseudonym problem AND uses the FPGA for power efficiency = blake hashing algo.

I realize that it's a huuuuge project, but if anyone could do it it would be you guys! And I think with two improvements that coin would probably be far more successful than the current blakecoin?

Go talk with the CryptoNote devs rupy or do it yourself this is not the right thread to talk about CryptoNote development  Huh

it is not going to work well on FPGA as you have been informed try it for yourself dont take my word for it Roll Eyes

Maybe you dont get the fact its not using the same hashing even though it has blake hash its not the same!!!

your ztex board being ported to Blakecoin and working on the merge pools just not good enough for you  Cry

as far as I am concerned Blakecoin is already very successful as it has met its primary goals of CPU/GPU/FPGA, Merge Mining and use within our MMO games

Bitcoin took years to even get this far(how many pools you know mine Bitcoin and 5 other coins at same time?) so Blakecoin imho is still in its early days it will be 1 year old on 6th October 2014 and I have no plans to stop working on it, many years ahead for adding more features, services and fixing bugs in code maybe this does not make you rich overnight but long term for a working system its fundamental!

I have no plans to ever work on Cryptonote its not going to be easy and I feel sorry for anyone trying to do it as the devs have made it harder for practical FPGA implementations which makes competing with GPU impractical!

I also think kramble made himself quite clear in this post

ok, then it would be interesting if kramble could have a look at just adapting CryptoNote to the zTex?
And why not have world peace and ponies while he's at it? If you refer to the Cryptonight hash that most Cryptonote coins use, it's a combination of a few different hash/encryption functions and it needs a couple of megs of fast cache. It might fit on one of those big-ass FPGAs that cost thousands apiece. Conversely, Blake is a single, relatively simple hash, which is why it's great for practical FPGA implementations. And as BlueDragon747 already pointed out, even that hasn't been quite trivial.

In the software world, it's easy to make bigger and bigger programs for the same CPU/GPU, as long as you have more memory. The CPU is only running a small part of the program at any single time. This is why we've seen crazy PoW solutions like X11/13/15. But when you're doing something in hardware, as in FPGA, you basically have to fit everything on the chip at once. That's why FPGA/ASIC projects run into hard limits more easily than software ones.

Cheers! Couldn't have said it better myself.  Wink

Actually I'm pretty much finished with crypto on FPGA now. It is just not worth the investment of my time (and the frustration, see what Blue said about ISE). I did have a look at a couple of other algos (groestl, keccak) and got initial, rather poorly performing, builds working, but the GPUs perform far better. The only advantage for FPGA is power consumption.

As for X11/X13, I reckon it can be done on a LX150, but only via a soft-CPU optimized for hashing. A huge amount of work for a very poorly performing hasher. So I'm not going there.

Anyway, best of luck rupy.

Activity: 725
Merit: 503
I'm just going to throw this out there, so don't cut my head off!

I think what I meant with the whole CryptoNote idea, was that it would be powerful with a coin that uses this solution to all "Bitcoin" altcoins pseudonym problem AND uses the FPGA for power efficiency = blake hashing algo.

I realize that it's a huuuuge project, but if anyone could do it it would be you guys! And I think with two improvements that coin would probably be far more successful than the current blakecoin?
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
No problem, it works well too , i tested it, with blake coin and photon (but i don't think cce has updated the code yet for Pho)

I will get the patch applied to electron and blake bitcoin in a day or so,

I know Chigulator the dev of UMO likes to do his own updating !!

On Dirac I never did any updates since it's 'developer' is so much more talented than anyone on this team he can handle things himself.

update to blake coin with bugfix as reported by a gitpull (same one on photon also now fixed) fixes an issue with signatures

i built this

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz8503hoyr74QU5vZzRrTmNsTHc/edit?usp=sharing

from this

https://github.com/photonproject/Blakecoin

NOTE, Bluedragon asked me to test and update this , he will merge the gitpull when he has time......

Thanks to all supporters of the blake 256 system

Thanks Cinnamon will merge when I get more time  Smiley

CCE should have all the Blake based coins updated, after all it was my patch. If I missed something let me know.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
No problem, it works well too , i tested it, with blake coin and photon (but i don't think cce has updated the code yet for Pho)

I will get the patch applied to electron and blake bitcoin in a day or so,

I know Chigulator the dev of UMO likes to do his own updating !!

On Dirac I never did any updates since it's 'developer' is so much more talented than anyone on this team he can handle things himself.

update to blake coin with bugfix as reported by a gitpull (same one on photon also now fixed) fixes an issue with signatures

i built this

from this

NOTE, Bluedragon asked me to test and update this , he will merge the gitpull when he has time......

Thanks Cinnamon will merge when I get more time  Smiley
legendary
Solutions Architect

i built this

from this

Thanks Cinnamon will merge when I get more time  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: