Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 10. (Read 1103290 times)

Activity: 1570
Merit: 356

Why bother man. People may not recognize the value of their time if they bother setting up wallets and connecting to a dead chain. How many years have it been since XC went belly up? Now how many years have it been since their 3000BTC ICO after which it all came to a halt? Its been 5 years. And these maddish fan boys from 5 years ago are still tottering around, fueling this discussion.

Why shitpost man? If you like KYC and/or get fucked by centralized exchanges, then do it. Many people still respect anonymity and safeness. If you do not keep your coins on local wallets, then you are just wrong here. If you do, then it is just 5 minutes to setup true dex exchange, so easy is that.

don't cry because Tarz is correct BAAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAAA

Who cries, lol? It is not my fault, that you guyz became shitcoin hodlers Grin You can spit your shit around, but that will not change the fact that blocknet is great and technology behind it is WORKING. Kiss
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1068
Juicin' crypto

Why bother man. People may not recognize the value of their time if they bother setting up wallets and connecting to a dead chain. How many years have it been since XC went belly up? Now how many years have it been since their 3000BTC ICO after which it all came to a halt? Its been 5 years. And these maddish fan boys from 5 years ago are still tottering around, fueling this discussion.

Why shitpost man? If you like KYC and/or get fucked by centralized exchanges, then do it. Many people still respect anonymity and safeness. If you do not keep your coins on local wallets, then you are just wrong here. If you do, then it is just 5 minutes to setup true dex exchange, so easy is that.

don't cry because Tarz is correct BAAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAAA
Activity: 90
Merit: 1
Check out this new video that shows how to set up Block DX in just a few clicks in a matter of minutes. Block DX = security, privacy & peace of mind with atomicswap trading and full decentralization.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFSl60KcaCk

Thanks, just checked it out, as I was playing around with the DEX, and the video is very helpful and straightfoward, even for beginners. Might as well link to it on your official website, since it's helpful for any newbies out there! Smiley

Thats not a bad idea actually. Will pass it on.
This has been a very interesting project for far too long. It is a shame this has not had more support and interest.

How much leakage was there to Binance? how much of the secret sauce did they manage to sample?

They tried but got nothing:

"We were fortunate enough to not share anything private with Binance on this listing application – everything on the shared document included answers that we have otherwise already made public in some form or fashion: our Discord and other chats, whitepaper, Github, AMAs, or if you stopped by our booth and chatted with us at the many events we’ve attended.

However, other projects might not have been so fortunate, and hopefully this news helps raise awareness."

From here:

https://blocknet.co/statement-regarding-blocknet-and-binance/

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
This has been a very interesting project for far too long. It is a shame this has not had more support and interest.

How much leakage was there to Binance? how much of the secret sauce did they manage to sample? is blocknet going to get something off of the ground and running before those guys make this kind of semi- redundant.

That would be a real shame you guys have come quite a way.

I guess XC is pretty much staying on the back burner (whatever purpose it has) until blocknet is picking up a lot more interest and bug free?

Activity: 406
Merit: 10
Check out this new video that shows how to set up Block DX in just a few clicks in a matter of minutes. Block DX = security, privacy & peace of mind with atomicswap trading and full decentralization.

Thanks, just checked it out, as I was playing around with the DEX, and the video is very helpful and straightfoward, even for beginners. Might as well link to it on your official website, since it's helpful for any newbies out there! Smiley
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
This is such an amazing idea, looking forward to following.

Activity: 196
Merit: 6
As a "regular" blocknet trader I can answer second part of your questions. I am running few unencrypted core wallets on some old notebook with linux. It has only wallets and blockDX installed. With good SSD the performance is acceptable. You need to have all wallets synced on same machine with blocknet (a lot of time, if you start from beginning) and configure blockDX with all that wallets. Especially if you add new, you need to restart every wallet, that is annoying. But! It is working. Devs promising, that you do not need to install core wallets if you use some services (service nodes??), but I do not know any or how to connect to them. Most important for me IT IS FUCKING WORKING! No more KYC, AML, exchange SCAM or trust to someone else. I just hope, blocknet does not have any backdoors or critical bugs  Grin

Thank you for the great deal of very useful information, it's especially comforting to know that the time and effort required to do the setup pays off and this was my main concern. I'm really happy to hear it's working, and can't wait to get my own setup going soon!

Well, it's gonna be way more user friendly once the Litewallet is out, which will leverage the snode network instead of requiring you to have a copy of the full blockchain yourself like it's required in the current form.

The snode in the DX is basically acting like an extra pair of eyes on things.  The snode has no control over the trades or funds themselves, but tracks the utxos used in trades so that they can't be duplicated elsewhere - subsequently limiting orderbook bloat.  The orderbook itself, however, is maintained and shared by the actual peers/traders themselves.

The snode also provides disaster recovery:  For example let's say a trade fails and you need to reclaim your funds from the p2sh (pay to script hash) - the snode can broadcast the sendrawtransaction to the network for you if you happen to go offline. Wink
Activity: 237
Merit: 110
As a "regular" blocknet trader I can answer second part of your questions. I am running few unencrypted core wallets on some old notebook with linux. It has only wallets and blockDX installed. With good SSD the performance is acceptable. You need to have all wallets synced on same machine with blocknet (a lot of time, if you start from beginning) and configure blockDX with all that wallets. Especially if you add new, you need to restart every wallet, that is annoying. But! It is working. Devs promising, that you do not need to install core wallets if you use some services (service nodes??), but I do not know any or how to connect to them. Most important for me IT IS FUCKING WORKING! No more KYC, AML, exchange SCAM or trust to someone else. I just hope, blocknet does not have any backdoors or critical bugs  Grin

Thank you for the great deal of very useful information, it's especially comforting to know that the time and effort required to do the setup pays off and this was my main concern. I'm really happy to hear it's working, and can't wait to get my own setup going soon!

Activity: 352
Merit: 3
waiting to see if this rekt one comes back too.  (one good pump, then dead as usual, like most crypto).  promising but i doubt much will come of this anymore lol.

You should follow them on social media channels they are active and this project is not dead maybe you are confused or mixing it up with other stuff. Blocknet is an active project and the team is making nice progressive to make this ecosystem more useful.

Wise words. Their latest Blockfolio Signal shares a ton of stuff they are working on currently. Actually surprised me, and it seems like they are working on the marketing part as well, which is needed to get the word out there I guess.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1003
waiting to see if this rekt one comes back too.  (one good pump, then dead as usual, like most crypto).  promising but i doubt much will come of this anymore lol.

You should follow them on social media channels they are active and this project is not dead maybe you are confused or mixing it up with other stuff. Blocknet is an active project and the team is making nice progressive to make this ecosystem more useful.

Volume 5x'ed today, which is pretty promising. I predict the price will move towards 15k sat and upwards by the end of the week. Seems like Blocknet is catching peoples attention again, with their intensive work.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1068
Juicin' crypto

You welcome  Smiley Before you install and sync all possible wallets, check the liquidity first here: https://blockdx.co/orders  Grin
Activity: 250
Merit: 12
Support Guru

When is Blocknet gonna be available on a multi currency wallet? Any ETA?

That's what I'm looking forward to the most right now. Smiley
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
how do i buy more blocknet?! I lost it all when I lost my wallet LMAO. USA ish resident -.-

I use Bittrex. Always been my go-to exchange with most coins. Bittrex has the majority of the total daily volume as well, so it's really the best exchange to use right now.
Beaxy (New exchange with FIAT-on ramps) will list Block as well, so that's good news! Smiley

I do not understand, why are you guys use CENTRALIZED exchanges to buy block? install blockDX and buy whatever you want. Creating maker orders is for free!

Just pushing my post up to the next page, not sure if anyone in this thread is an actual user or not...

Are there any operators of service nodes around here? If so I'm curious what kind of setup you're running (big server, everything on one; smaller micro servers, each wallet on one server, or some hybrid etc.) I wasn't able to find any information about hardware requirements/recommendations as well as bandwidth use. I'm also curious how many different wallets you're running.

I'm also interested in hearing from any regular blocknet traders out there - what's the user experience like having multiple core qt wallets running on your machine? Do you find it cumbersome? How does blocknet interact with encrypted wallets?

Blocknet has been a sleeper for such a long time. Going to be interesting to see where it will end up one day.
This very true, and it's not only Blocknet.  There are other valuable projects with real use cases that lie dormant in the public perception.  It may take decades before such projects as Blocknet come into their own, if ever; it calls for an openness in the consciousness of ordinary citizens, toward distributed technologies that require some independence of thought to use them, and effort.
Please feel free to share with us that "other valuable projects with real use cases that lie dormant in the public perception."  Grin

Pretty cool that you use it to trade BLOCK with. As DEX solutions gets more and more popular, I'm sure this project will be a great first mover in terms of usability, volume, etc.
2020 is gonna be the year of decentralized trading, that's my prediction anyway, since I believe regulation will be even bigger if BTC goes for another run up to it's previous ATH.
how do i buy more blocknet?! I lost it all when I lost my wallet LMAO. USA ish resident -.-

I use Bittrex. Always been my go-to exchange with most coins. Bittrex has the majority of the total daily volume as well, so it's really the best exchange to use right now.
Beaxy (New exchange with FIAT-on ramps) will list Block as well, so that's good news! Smiley

I do not understand, why are you guys use CENTRALIZED exchanges to buy block? install blockDX and buy whatever you want. Creating maker orders is for free!

Just pushing my post up to the next page, not sure if anyone in this thread is an actual user or not...

Are there any operators of service nodes around here? If so I'm curious what kind of setup you're running (big server, everything on one; smaller micro servers, each wallet on one server, or some hybrid etc.) I wasn't able to find any information about hardware requirements/recommendations as well as bandwidth use. I'm also curious how many different wallets you're running.

I'm also interested in hearing from any regular blocknet traders out there - what's the user experience like having multiple core qt wallets running on your machine? Do you find it cumbersome? How does blocknet interact with encrypted wallets?

Blocknet has been a sleeper for such a long time. Going to be interesting to see where it will end up one day.
This very true, and it's not only Blocknet.  There are other valuable projects with real use cases that lie dormant in the public perception.  It may take decades before such projects as Blocknet come into their own, if ever; it calls for an openness in the consciousness of ordinary citizens, toward distributed technologies that require some independence of thought to use them, and effort.
Please feel free to share with us that "other valuable projects with real use cases that lie dormant in the public perception."  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: