Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 167. (Read 1103293 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
The Blocknet's DX, now supporting Bitcoin!

Up next: a UI.

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
WOW!!
"the official pre-release of the BTC DX Beta was pushed today to the website" - From Slack Wink

Are there technical details released on how it works, mitigates attacks, etc?

I was searching technical details too, but didn't find it  Undecided

I suppose if there were any they would've been presented already. Probably a conscious decision as the system will be more secure when not every hacker knows how it functions.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Block and XC are back on my radar now:)

Decentralized exchange is complete, just needs a UI.
legendary
Let`s assume that I am an online marketplace owner. How can I benefit from Blocknet?

Marketplace?

Masternodes would be the only way I could figure you "benefit"

The coin count per masternode has yet to be determined.

I am not quite tech savy guy. Can you tell me a bit more what you mean?

A few numbers have been thrown around in the slack, but if you hold the set amount and dedicate it to a masternode to help secure the network/ keep blocks moving then you will receive fee from transaction cost. That's how blocknet will be profitable besides trading and hopefully price increase.

You won't own a marketplace, you will put up a sell/trade via your wallet and others bid afaik.

Who will be able to see my sell offers? Only the users of blocknet wallet?

To avoid any potential confusion, the Blocknet does not use masternodes.

A "masternode" is something people use in coinjoin to try anonymise transactions.

The Blocknet uses "exchange nodes". Exchange nodes won't control any coins during a trade; they will function to distribute the trade fees across the network.

legendary
Activity: 1148
Post your questions in slack and you will get a much quicker response Smiley
Activity: 329
Merit: 250
WOW!!
"the official pre-release of the BTC DX Beta was pushed today to the website" - From Slack Wink

I was searching technical details too, but didn't find it  Undecided
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
WOW!!

WOW!!
legendary
Let`s assume that I am an online marketplace owner. How can I benefit from Blocknet?

Marketplace?

A few numbers have been thrown around in the slack, but if you hold the set amount and dedicate it to a masternode to help secure the network/ keep blocks moving then you will receive fee from transaction cost. That's how blocknet will be profitable besides trading and hopefully price increase.

You won't own a marketplace, you will put up a sell/trade via your wallet and others bid afaik.

Yes anyone running the client when it is finished. Complete decentralization means NO middle man, no store, no shop, no exchange. Just you and the purchaser of whatever coin that is supported.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
kcin obazs
Block is a Sleeping giant.... Cool
Activity: 1032
Merit: 502

Marketplace?

legendary

Marketplace?

Marketplace?

Marketplace?

I was hearing 5k for a masternode,
legendary

Marketplace?

Can't understand why people are selling Block so cheap today...but thanks!

Could it be, could it be... they think it will be worth nothing very soon? Just a wild guess.
I've seen interesting news on slack last weeks...probably more holders should take a look af BLOCK Slack channel.
Same for XC!
Can't understand why people are selling Block so cheap today...but thanks!
legendary
What are the use cases of BLOCKNET except of the DEX?

The decentralised exchange is one of three core functions. The others are end-to-end encrypted p2p data transport, and fee-capture.

Combine them, and you have a decentralised infrastructure for inter-chain services.

This is fully generic and envisioned as infrastructure for the coming inter-chain era.
legendary
I wonder how secure coins will be on BLOCK enabled DEX? Does DEX host hot wallets that may be attacked?

No. It is my understanding that Block does not hold any coins. They are just the router that handles the transaction between blockchains. They will truly be a decentralized exchange, unlike the others who want you to send coins to them. Your coins are only as secure as the system where you keep them.

Yes, you're correct. The Blocknet's DX does not require centralised deposits. You keep them yourself.
Jump to: