Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 168. (Read 1103293 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Had a backup of wallet, but am I right in thinking that if i'd created an address after the backup it is now lost?  I have the transaction of it leaving but the address is no longer attached to the wallet it seems. 

Guess should backup more often!

Hey hey

No, the address won't be lost. :-)
Wallets always retain a pre-created pool of 100 new addresses. This way, if you backup the wallet and use up to 100 new addresses after the backup, you can still use the backup and use the same new addresses over again.
Just don't create more than 100.
Activity: 1032
Merit: 502
What are the use cases of BLOCKNET except of the DEX?
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
Is there a whitepaper for the DEX, or some other form of technical explanation of its design?
Activity: 261
Merit: 10
https://assetsplit.org/
Are there any updates on this?
Activity: 371
Merit: 252
I wonder how secure coins will be on BLOCK enabled DEX? Does DEX host hot wallets that may be attacked?

No. It is my understanding that Block does not hold any coins. They are just the router that handles the transaction between blockchains. They will truly be a decentralized exchange, unlike the others who want you to send coins to them. Your coins are only as secure as the system where you keep them.
Activity: 1032
Merit: 502
I wonder how secure coins will be on BLOCK enabled DEX? Does DEX host hot wallets that may be attacked?
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Had a backup of wallet, but am I right in thinking that if i'd created an address after the backup it is now lost?  I have the transaction of it leaving but the address is no longer attached to the wallet it seems. 

Guess should backup more often!
legendary
Arrgh wallet ganked itself.  Had a backup but its missing a consolidation and I seem to have lost about 600 coins into the void.  Can a broken dat file ever be fixed? 

Glad to see developments continuing. 

Ouch, sorry to hear it!
If you copied your private keys somewhere, you're good.
If you backed up the wallet.dat file, you're good.
Otherwise, I fear your coins are lost.

(Fortunately it wont cost you much to replace 600 coins :-).)
Activity: 2
Arrgh wallet ganked itself.  Had a backup but its missing a consolidation and I seem to have lost about 600 coins into the void.  Can a broken dat file ever be fixed? 

Glad to see developments continuing. 
Activity: 329
Merit: 250
Our partner BitSwift has just announced the following project:

Great concept, BitSwift!

Wow! Great project!
legendary
Our partner BitSwift has just announced the following project:

Great concept, BitSwift!
legendary
Ahh I see... no not wrong thread, just been trying to wrap my head around all of this crypto currency and mining.. guess there is another definition I need to look up!

Great, many happy adventures to you! Crypto is quite the rabbit hole.

The best place to start learning is bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

For proof-of-stake, look up Sunny King first, and then perhaps google Vitalik's blog posts on the topic on the Ethereum blog.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Ahh I see... no not wrong thread, just been trying to wrap my head around all of this crypto currency and mining.. guess there is another definition I need to look up!

Just by running the wallet client you are securing the network and confirming transactions, building blocks.
Activity: 3
legendary
When i run the miner, I get the following:

[2016-05-22 12:04:26] HTTP request failed: The requested URL returned error: 500 Internal Server Error

When I visit the webpage, I get this:

{"result":null,"error":{"code":-32700,"message":"Parse error"},"id":null}

Any ideas?

This is a proof-of-stake chain. (And I'm not sure how mining involves visiting a webpage. 😜 )

Wrong thread, perchance?
Activity: 3
When i run the miner, I get the following:

[2016-05-22 12:04:26] HTTP request failed: The requested URL returned error: 500 Internal Server Error

When I visit the webpage, I get this:

{"result":null,"error":{"code":-32700,"message":"Parse error"},"id":null}

Any ideas?
legendary
@synechist

Dan, does the DX enable only BTC/Alts markets or also Alt/Alt markets?

It enables, out of the box, exchange between any currency pair based on Bitcoin Core or Ethereum.

MR1
legendary
Activity: 927
@synechist

Dan, does the DX enable only BTC/Alts markets or also Alt/Alt markets?
legendary
Happy to see 1st results of the development, still holding  Cool

From Slack:
atcsecure [12:28 AM]
blocknet’s dx is ready for prime-time testing of btc/xc/swift and also other alts

[12:29]
the phase 1 fee [distribution] system for the dx will be done shortly as well

[12:29]
and the ethereum test code is being pushed tomorrow

So how`s testing is going? Any screenshots available of DX?

Yes, people post them in Slack from time to time. I posted one on Twitter a while back too.
It's just the wallet UIs at the moment though. The DX app is still to come.

congratz on the microsoft baas

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1050
congratz on the microsoft baas
Jump to: