Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BMR] Bitmonero - a new coin based on CryptoNote technology - LAUNCHED - page 15. (Read 68776 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
my question may sound stupid, but how do you know when you have found a block ?
After opening up your wallet or typing refresh, you will get three transactions: one for 0.5 BMR, one for 7 BMR and onr for 10 BMR. Yes, there will be "transaction", not "mining". Of course, it could someone sending you in a row 0.5, 7 then 10 Smiley

There is presently no way I am aware of to have a history of found block. If you found a block yesterday, closed the wallet in the evening and open it up today, closed it again and reopened it, you have no way to know you found a block except by looking at your balance (provided you remember of much you had).
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
how about wallet with gui not only with command line?))

it is being worked on

a botnet or cloud has come onto the network starting at block 2633, difficulty is now almost 100k!

Maybe BCN miners from this forum switching over? I think thankful previously said hashrate can be estimated with difficulty/120. Earlier today it was 70k, so this corresponds to perhaps +250 H/s, or ~50 CPUs. Possible botnet, but you could also pull this off with a cloud subscription.

In any case, the solo mining phase may be over soon. We need some sort of pool implementation.

BCN difficulty has fallen from 1,2M to 900k Cheesy

Was it a botnet or is this just the difficulty recalculating? We were at 73000 before taco killed the network ( Grin ) . . then it fell to 50000 to compensate for the increased time to find blocks (I'm sure we were all very lucky last night) . . and then it shot up a little while after the network was repaired . . and now it's going back down to I assume the 70k's difficulty.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
TFT can you add the Dutch translation to the OP; https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annbmr-bitmonero-cryptonote-technologie-100-anoniem-geen-btc-clone-565400

Also regged a subreddit so if anyone wants to help start building /r/bitmonero ..  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
In any case, the solo mining phase may be over soon. We need some sort of pool implementation.

But, but, but...60 second blocks!
Activity: 302
Merit: 250

it is being worked on

a botnet or cloud has come onto the network starting at block 2633, difficulty is now almost 100k!

Maybe BCN miners from this forum switching over? I think thankful previously said hashrate can be estimated with difficulty/120. Earlier today it was 70k, so this corresponds to perhaps +250 H/s, or ~50 CPUs. Possible botnet, but you could also pull this off with a cloud subscription.

BCN difficulty has fallen from 1,2M to 900k Cheesy
Activity: 560
Merit: 500

it is being worked on

We had our first public trade, although I haven't heard from the buyer about settling it.

100 BMR = 0.005 BTC

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/auction-closed-wtb-bitmonero-bmr-with-0025-btc-new-anonymous-coin-577296

Yes, I'll be buying those. I just did it to be first (sorry, David). Some day this will look silly - either because it's worth nothing or much more. Wink

edit: Trade finished. The BMR wallet works.
legendary
We had our first public trade, although I haven't heard from the buyer about settling it.

100 BMR = 0.005 BTC

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/auction-closed-wtb-bitmonero-bmr-with-0025-btc-new-anonymous-coin-577296
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

it is being worked on

legendary

Someone claimed to be working on it a few posts back
Activity: 599
Hi,

I started the daemon up and it seems done catching up with the block chain. Starting simplewallet.exe I encounter a problem:

Code:
2014-Apr-20 05:09:50.458935 bitmonero wallet v0.8.5.294(0.1-g147aac7)
2014-Apr-20 05:09:52.226036 ERROR ..\..\src\wallet\wallet2.cpp:430 e || !exists. THROW EXCEPTION: error::file_not_found
2014-Apr-20 05:09:52.226036 ..\..\src\wallet\wallet2.cpp:430:struct tools::error::file_error_base<1>: file not found "mein_wallet.bin.keys"
2014-Apr-20 05:09:52.226036 Error: failed to load wallet: file not found "mein_wallet.bin.keys"
2014-Apr-20 05:09:52.229036 ERROR ..\..\src\simplewallet\simplewallet.cpp:254 could not open account
2014-Apr-20 05:09:52.229036 ERROR ..\..\src\simplewallet\simplewallet.cpp:909 Failed to initialize wallet

I use the following parameter with my simplewallet.exe-short cut: simplewallet --wallet-file=mein_wallet.bin
What am I doing wrong?
How can I start mining?

Thx

You're missing "mein_wallet.bin.keys". Did you generate a wallet? The command will be:

simplewallet --generate-new-wallet=mein_wallet.bin --pass=123

The password can be anything you want (123 here as an example).
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
I'd also recommend making the title more attention-grabbing. At a minimum add "fully anonymous" to the title:

[ANN][BMR] Bitmonero - a new fully anonymous coin based on CryptoNote technology - LAUNCHED

Or more techy:

[ANN][BMR] Bitmonero - a new coin using ring signatures for full anonymity (based on CryptoNote technology) - LAUNCHED

Agreed, good idea.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
Hi,

I started the daemon up and it seems done catching up with the block chain. Starting simplewallet.exe I encounter a problem:

Code:
2014-Apr-20 05:09:50.458935 bitmonero wallet v0.8.5.294(0.1-g147aac7)
2014-Apr-20 05:09:52.226036 ERROR ..\..\src\wallet\wallet2.cpp:430 e || !exists. THROW EXCEPTION: error::file_not_found
2014-Apr-20 05:09:52.226036 ..\..\src\wallet\wallet2.cpp:430:struct tools::error::file_error_base<1>: file not found "mein_wallet.bin.keys"
2014-Apr-20 05:09:52.226036 Error: failed to load wallet: file not found "mein_wallet.bin.keys"
2014-Apr-20 05:09:52.229036 ERROR ..\..\src\simplewallet\simplewallet.cpp:254 could not open account
2014-Apr-20 05:09:52.229036 ERROR ..\..\src\simplewallet\simplewallet.cpp:909 Failed to initialize wallet

I use the following parameter with my simplewallet.exe-short cut: simplewallet --wallet-file=mein_wallet.bin
What am I doing wrong?
How can I start mining?

Thx
legendary
I'd also recommend making the title more attention-grabbing. At a minimum add "fully anonymous" to the title:

[ANN][BMR] Bitmonero - a new fully anonymous coin based on CryptoNote technology - LAUNCHED

Or more techy:

[ANN][BMR] Bitmonero - a new coin using ring signatures for full anonymity (based on CryptoNote technology) - LAUNCHED
legendary

Interesting way to discover the price, if anyone bids. But the first post is not really informative so I think you should explain the coin in the auction itself. We keep using phrases like "based on CryptoNote technology" but the vast majority aren't going to bother looking up what that means. Which is a shame because this is not a BTC fork and deserves more attention.

On a related note, this topic's first post should also be more informative. Links to BCN or the CrpytoNote website should be secondary to explaining everything right here (including the ring signatures). Most people don't have the initiative to do 5 minutes of research.

It has a link to here. This thread should be more informative, I agree with that.

Interesting way to discover the price, if anyone bids. But the first post is not really informative so I think you should explain the coin in the auction itself. We keep using phrases like "based on CryptoNote technology" but the vast majority aren't going to bother looking up what that means. Which is a shame because this is not a BTC fork and deserves more attention.

On a related note, this topic's first post should also be more informative. Links to BCN or the CrpytoNote website should be secondary to explaining everything right here (including the ring signatures). Most people don't have the initiative to do 5 minutes of research.
I happened to just find a block and it looks to be about the same amount as previously (~17.5 BMR).

The changes (maybe) affect the transaction fees, not the block reward.
Pages:
Jump to: