Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BMR] Bitmonero - a new coin based on CryptoNote technology - LAUNCHED - page 9. (Read 68776 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
Well you can also still solo mine too. Got 4 blocks over the night Tongue

If the network continues to grow at the current rate, likely we will see an end to solo mining in a week or two.  However, we already have all the RPC functions we need to make pools, which is good news.

A P2Pool implementation for ByteCoin/BitMonero would be something wonderful, but likely very complicated.
legendary
Since Cryptonote act like a decentralized mixing method, it only make transaction become harder to trace, not completely untraceable as OP claimed.

It's quite similar to Darkcoin which is self claimed to be anonymous currency, but privacy of both is not strong enough for people who crave for a comletely anonymous currency, like myself.

Cryptonote is cool but i think i'll wait till May/June for Zerocash realease.

CryptoNote has relatively good privacy for transmitting values throughout the network (ring signatures, stealth addressing) while not compromising things like being able to detect inflation over the network.  In ZeroCash, you can only prove that coins have been generated, not the amount that was generated, so any bugs within the system will go undetected.  This would have been a huge problem for Bitcoin, as there was a well known bug involving integer overflow that allowed you to generate 2 billion coins.

Note that zero knowledge proofs are used in the ring signature method by ByteCoin/BitMonero, too (see section 4.4 of the whitepaper).  Obfuscation of signature linkability is much more advanced than that used in DarkCoin, and you need to read the whitepaper to truly appreciate it.

CryptoNote also has support for multisig built in, despite the much more limited scripting language as compared to Bitcoin (see Section 6.3 of the CryptoNote 2.0 whitepaper).  This is important for the implementation of decentralized marketplaces like DarkMarket that use multisig to enable the blockchain to be an escrow.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
New coin based on cryptonote, interesting.

I am curious how much is this one differ from the original one ?  advantages/ disadvantages?

Also wonder to hear any opinion about Bitmonero's perspective in future.

Only in a few ways:
1.) 1 min blocks.
2.) Money supply decimal is shifted so total supply is in the tens of millions.
3.) Money supply distribution is much slower (more similar to Bitcoin's instead of releasing 80% of currency in 2 years).
4.) Base block size without penalty is 20 KB instead of 10 KB.

Other than that it's the normal CryptoNote 2.0 privacy.

Well you can also still solo mine too. Got 4 blocks over the night Tongue
legendary

I am curious how much is this one differ from the original one ?  advantages/ disadvantages?

Only in a few ways:
1.) 1 min blocks.
2.) Money supply decimal is shifted so total supply is in the tens of millions.
3.) Money supply distribution is much slower (more similar to Bitcoin's instead of releasing 80% of currency in 2 years).
4.) Base block size without penalty is 20 KB instead of 10 KB.

Other than that it's the normal CryptoNote 2.0 privacy.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Since Cryptonote act like a decentralized mixing method, it only make transaction become harder to trace, not completely untraceable as OP claimed.

It's quite similar to Darkcoin which is self claimed to be anonymous currency, but privacy of both is not strong enough for people who crave for a comletely anonymous currency, like myself.

You completely left out ring signatures, and the public and private one-use keys in your understanding. Please re-read those sections of the source, and then re-explain yourself.
TTM
Activity: 140
Merit: 100

legendary
Activity: 1428
getmonero.org
Activity: 24
I need help. How to compile this in Ubuntu 14?

I couldn't build it on Ubuntu 14 but on 13.10 it builds like described on page 14:

diff is too high now for solo, unless you are a botnet  Grin
that is strange because on bytecoin at diff 600k I could mine ~1 block per day, here diff is only 120k but no block for almost 24 h.
Maybe OP should contact minergate to add BMR pool  Grin

edit: now there is a source for minergate miner https://github.com/amjuarez/bytecoin

Solo should be okay, I have been getting blocks still solo.  May just be unlucky.  Try compiling in ubuntu linux 13.10, you usually get about 3x higher hash rates than windows.

Only 13.10 has the correct dependencies, do not download 14.4!!!

Compile in this way:
Code:
sudo apt-get install libboost-all-dev cmake
cd $HOME/your_bitmonero_directory/
mkdir build
make -j4
Activity: 314
Merit: 10

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
is there other mirrors for windows binary file?
if not, will some1 please upload to another file hosting for me?
i cannot download from mega.co.nz

try this https://anonfiles.com/file/557536bff04c9dbb85d290233850873b

eizh; that OP looks great!! +1
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Someone compiled the binaries for ubuntu. It is on my IRC log that I cannot access atm, but maybe the person will read this thread.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
You have eyes but can see Mt. Tai?!
Activity: 27
is there other mirrors for windows binary file?
if not, will some1 please upload to another file hosting for me?
i cannot download from mega.co.nz
Activity: 560
Activity: 910
Merit: 250
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
Interesting coin.  I mine few blocks
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
I am almost certain you are in this for a quick buck and could care less about the message and the technology.
Not on that one, I don't plan to sell my Bitmonero. We actually an agenda.
legendary
They can reach out to me @ [email protected] if they need help too (it doesn't look easy contacting them)

It's a Russian company so I'm not sure how easy it will be to communicate with them but I submitted a ticket giving this contact info.

thank you
Activity: 938
Bitmonero was added to The CPU Coin List.

Please let me know if you know the missing info or there are errors.

mike
Activity: 560
They can reach out to me @ [email protected] if they need help too (it doesn't look easy contacting them)

It's a Russian company so I'm not sure how easy it will be to communicate with them but I submitted a ticket giving this contact info.
legendary
Pages:
Jump to: