Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BMR] Bitmonero - a new coin based on CryptoNote technology - LAUNCHED - page 6. (Read 68738 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 101
Transaction extra parse issue

Fixing as we speak

Please use main thread

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xmr-monero-a-secure-private-untraceable-cryptocurrency-583449

Takotime, there are two issues:

1. Main thread is here.

2. Bug is fixed.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
Want privacy? Use Monero!
What is the issue? I can not connect at the momen (I am on a public network witrh restrictions...)
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
Something is wrong. I can't get into my windows wallet anymore.

Error: refresh error: transaction extra parse error.

I got the same error in Linux a few minutes ago... I have a feeling that this is not good Cheesy
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
You have eyes but can see Mt. Tai?!
Something is wrong. I can't get into my windows wallet anymore.

Error: refresh error: transaction extra parse error.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
But I think it's very hard to solo mining rigth now .. I got 2 machines running @ 29 hashrate 24 hours and noting ... not even a single block .. so I going to stop and wait for a pool server ... I'll back to primecoin mining ... 

Total hash rate is about 10000. With 29 you should get 0.29% of the blocks. There are 1440 blocks per day so you should be getting 4 blocks per day at that rate. You might want to keep going.

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Stand on the shoulders of giants
But I think it's very hard to solo mining rigth now .. I got 2 machines running @ 29 hashrate 24 hours and noting ... not even a single block .. so I going to stop and wait for a pool server ... I'll back to primecoin mining ... 

now is fine ... thanks Wink

What did you do to get it working better?

Microsoft Solution, restart, joking but I was about to do that ... then what I actually did was change the process priority before.. just to see what happens... and did works .. lucky me ...

Code:
renice {priority} pid
Activity: 60
Merit: 0

What did you do to get it working better?
Activity: 249
Merit: 250
21 days behind after 1 hour of synchronization. It's that OK?
Activity: 21
Has anyone benched a Haswell i3 vs a Haswell i7?
it's awkward ... on the exacly same machine I get 13.9 hashrate on bytecoin daemon ... but monero daemon all I got this below .. any clues ?

That is odd, the mining code is exactly the same. Have you tried restarting? Deleting and redownloading the block chain (the Monero block chain is pretty small, so this is easy)?

Sounds like something is messsed up.

When you do print_cn in the daemon do you see active connections? BCN and MRO use different ports to connect, maybe one is being blocked by a firewall. That's the only difference I can think of.

legendary
it's awkward ... on the exacly same machine I get 13.9 hashrate on bytecoin daemon ... but monero daemon all I got this below .. any clues ?

That is odd, the mining code is exactly the same. Have you tried restarting? Deleting and redownloading the block chain (the Monero block chain is pretty small, so this is easy)?

Sounds like something is messsed up.

When you do print_cn in the daemon do you see active connections? BCN and MRO use different ports to connect, maybe one is being blocked by a firewall. That's the only difference I can think of.

So, I downloaded and ran the daemon, downloaded the blockchain, figured out the firewall issues, got the daemon to start mining, and actually showed a hash rate. I'm on a 2.8GH AMD Sempron 64-bit Windows 8 machine with 8GB of memory. Decent, but not a super machine. CPU usage is > 95%.

The problem is that the highest hash rate I have seen so far was 0.1 H/sec. Most of the time it is zero.

What's with that??

At this point, I can't justify running the processor at 100% when it is producing no significant hashes.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Rick

Linux or Windows? If Windows, boot to Linux and compile it yourself. The Windows binaries may be poorly optimized for AMD.

Also, I'm not really familiar with the Sempron but if it has small cache and slow access to RAM it may never mine this coin very well. The proof of work for this coin is designed to be memory hard.

I'd try Linux before giving up though.

legendary
So, I downloaded and ran the daemon, downloaded the blockchain, figured out the firewall issues, got the daemon to start mining, and actually showed a hash rate. I'm on a 2.8GH AMD Sempron 64-bit Windows 8 machine with 8GB of memory. Decent, but not a super machine. CPU usage is > 95%.

The problem is that the highest hash rate I have seen so far was 0.1 H/sec. Most of the time it is zero.

What's with that??

At this point, I can't justify running the processor at 100% when it is producing no significant hashes.

Rick

Linux or Windows? If Windows, boot to Linux and compile it yourself. The Windows binaries may be poorly optimized for AMD.

Also, I'm not really familiar with the Sempron but if it has small cache and slow access to RAM it may never mine this coin very well. The proof of work for this coin is designed to be memory hard.

I'd try Linux before giving up though.
my linux compiling problem - SOLVED Cheesy ...

Activity: 60

What's with that??

Rick
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
fresh install of 13.10 works fine, i recommend you just shrink your volume a bit and install it alongside your current linux part.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I tried compiling on Debian, got the libboost error. I can't seem to update to libboost1.55 on testing yet. Don't want to break my system, so I gave up.
I still have trouble to compile it on Linux ... now it's goes a little further .. but complete frozen the machine, I have to reset it manually on power bottom ... today I will try to install libboost 1.55 instead 1.53 as soon as I get a spare time on my job ...  
Pages:
Jump to: