Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 147. (Read 2170648 times)

Activity: 785
Merit: 500
BURST got Smart Contracts (AT)
Crowetic, what does "BURST Executive" mean?
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
Hi guys, just popping my head in with a quick question. I apologise if this has been covered but I can't find any info on it, and I'm not a programmer, so I don't have the knowledge. I am trying to hide the output of Blago's miner, so that the executable runs windowless. I have tried using the "start" command through a batch file, as well as redirecting stderr and stdout to nul, and neither of these are working for me, and as I understand it, the way I am trying to implement it would not work.

My current batch file to start the miner is

Code:
start miner.exe 2&>1 > nul
PAUSE

As I understand it, this redirects the output of the Command Window to nul after starting Blago's Miner, not Blago's miner. Using "start" assures the cmd window disappears after running blago's miner, and I understand how redirecting stderr and stdout work, but I do not know how to redirect the output of Blago's miner to nul. Is this even possible with a batch script, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Thanks in advance everyone, and I love all the thought and discussion that's been going on in BURST lately, even through the fud and trolling/scamming/threatening. I apologise for not having anything meaningful to contribute to the community other then mining, investing and trading, but keep up the good work everyone, and hopefully we can all decide on a good dev strategy for BURST.

You're not going to be able to do it from a batch fileany console app is going to require a console window to run in, even if all output is redirected.

What might work is some of the apps to run any app as a service. eg http://www.howtogeek.com/50786/using-srvstart-to-run-any-application-as-a-windows-service/

H.

Thanks Haitch, I'll suss that out and do some more research Smiley
Activity: 539
Hey,

I can find information on what port burst.ninja uses for mining. Anyone knows?

You can use 80 or 8124 for mining, and 8125 for the wallet.

H.

Thank you, am I blind or is that information lacking from the pool page?

It's missing from the page, there was a tutorial around that had the ports, but yeah, should be on the pool page.

H.
Hi guys, just popping my head in with a quick question. I apologise if this has been covered but I can't find any info on it, and I'm not a programmer, so I don't have the knowledge. I am trying to hide the output of Blago's miner, so that the executable runs windowless. I have tried using the "start" command through a batch file, as well as redirecting stderr and stdout to nul, and neither of these are working for me, and as I understand it, the way I am trying to implement it would not work.

Code:
PAUSE

As I understand it, this redirects the output of the Command Window to nul after starting Blago's Miner, not Blago's miner. Using "start" assures the cmd window disappears after running blago's miner, and I understand how redirecting stderr and stdout work, but I do not know how to redirect the output of Blago's miner to nul. Is this even possible with a batch script, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Thanks in advance everyone, and I love all the thought and discussion that's been going on in BURST lately, even through the fud and trolling/scamming/threatening. I apologise for not having anything meaningful to contribute to the community other then mining, investing and trading, but keep up the good work everyone, and hopefully we can all decide on a good dev strategy for BURST.

You're not going to be able to do it from a batch fileany console app is going to require a console window to run in, even if all output is redirected.

What might work is some of the apps to run any app as a service. eg http://www.howtogeek.com/50786/using-srvstart-to-run-any-application-as-a-windows-service/

H.
Activity: 490
Hey,

H.

Thank you, am I blind or is that information lacking from the pool page?
Activity: 105

Code:
PAUSE

Hey,

H.
Activity: 490
Hey,

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org
Quote from: Elmit
Will be Bittrex next?

After some time - sure.
BURST is approaching to its end of cycle - death.
All coins behave the same way despite of their innovations or algorithms.
Nobody needs that algs and innovations. Number of coins increases, investments do not increase. Soap bubble.
Even etherium goes exact the same way.

I'm not so sure that ALL coins go this way. There will be a lot that do, and there will be a lot that survive, and there will be a lot that have tech that survives, but the coin itself may not, all in figuring this game we call cryptocurrencies out.

Every coin right now is extremely low in value, but I don't think (as you do) that this is a permanent situation.

Even if BURST gets delisted (which I don't think will happen btw, there ARE people who will spend the volume on their own if need be. Even though I don't think CCEX is important anymore to BURST.) the coin isn't dead until the network stops. However, BURST is so cheap to run the network, I see it continuing quite some time. Hopefully by then there will be services that make use of the coin and get people using it. If not, however, then there will be possible issues, but like I said, nothing is dead until the network stops.

I do also think, that since there aren't many people who are able to work for this coin in a 'dedicated' fashion, the time taken for the services we all want and would love to see to be developed is going to take longer, the issue I see here is that the decline in reward is fast, and if these services can't get put in place before the mining is 'finished', making it necessary for transaction fees (meaning we need more volume in tx) that is where I see a real potential for issues.

Although, the coin IS very cheap to mine, so BURST in particular is going to be very interesting either way.

I'm surprised though, that this mining style hasn't taken off more than it has, I think it is just people not wanting to believe it is possible. I know this is true because there are many who try to say that the algo has issues, but no one is able to back this up with any proof at all. So they're just (mad? for lack of a better word...) that the algo is available and makes their algo seem 'pointless' when it comes to power consumption.

I do still believe that in one way or another BURST will live on, either directly, or through a clone that will make use of all the innovation, just going a direction that BURST didn't. But no one can tell the future, there could be things that are in the works that no one is aware of, and could take the whole scene by storm.

I just think that there is a lot of pessimism right now in the crypto world, but I do think this is temporary.

Just my 2 BURST.
busrt will be delisted from c-cex Sad

Could it be that harvesting coins should be replaced with TRADING?

Will be Bittrex next?

Elmit, the great trader - evident by the volume on all exchanges!

Can you explain how you could come to this conclusion by reading the blockchain, please?

I came to the conclusion by looking at the low volume on all three exchanges. No one trades. Not me. Not you.

To my defence, I do not have much to trade (less than 1 BTC), but I do occasional trade.
I mentioned it already pages back that exchanges are a business, they live from trading fees. No trading, no fee, no income, no interest.
I believe BinLaden refers to not traders as "bag holders".
Any kind of trading, Any kind of usage will increase interest. E.g. if you offer a product/service in BURSTs, the potential customer has the choice to mine or to buy (= trade) to get BURSTs.

Are you familiar with the concept of sarcasm?

I read your line, yes, I recognized it.
Activity: 504

Will be Bittrex next?

Can you explain how you could come to this conclusion by reading the blockchain, please?

I came to the conclusion by looking at the low volume on all three exchanges. No one trades. Not me. Not you.

Are you familiar with the concept of sarcasm?

Will be Bittrex next?

Activity: 504

Will be Bittrex next?

Activity: 84
Quote from: Elmit
Will be Bittrex next?

After some time - sure.
BURST is approaching to its end of cycle - death.
All coins behave the same way despite of their innovations or algorithms.
Nobody needs that algs and innovations. Number of coins increases, investments do not increase. Soap bubble.
Even etherium goes exact the same way.

Will be Bittrex next?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
You could just give me the 98..... Ill give her plenty of use.   You can even have my 05 Exploder!

No chance my friend lol. BBK longtubes, CAI, underdrive pullies, 4.10 gears, short throw shifter and a magnaflow magnapack catback. My buddies kids always wanting to hear her growl haha, she sure did sound awesome! I get about 1-2 people a month just stopping by the house wanting to buy even though she has no sale sign on her.

LoL.  Shit,  Guess im stuck with the Exploder!

In all seriousness..... GREAT FUCKING CAR!
Activity: 70
You could just give me the 98..... Ill give her plenty of use.   You can even have my 05 Exploder!

No chance my friend lol. BBK longtubes, CAI, underdrive pullies, 4.10 gears, short throw shifter and a magnaflow magnapack catback. My buddies kids always wanting to hear her growl haha, she sure did sound awesome! I get about 1-2 people a month just stopping by the house wanting to buy even though she has no sale sign on her.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
At that rate it will take you quite a while to build up many coins. Only 20GB of plots? You really need to have much more space allocated if you want to build up any amount of coins (have you seen how much they are worth currently?) You could buy 1 million coins for about $66. You are competing with people who have several TB allocated. You have joined Burst at a very interesting time. I think the mining is the fun part but who knows what will happen in the bigger picture for this coin.

BTW, same reason I chose Cobra as well, had an 03 Vert, shown here. https://i.imgur.com/OCpyIxg.jpg

Yea I figured the space would not lead to much but I wanted to get my feet wet right away and right now I have a 2TB plotting away to use tomorrow. I just like the low power usage and no really other hardware needed. I've got the drive space already, just wanted to see how it works with the small space i used. I used to mine alt coins with a couple gpu rigs in exchange for bitcoin so I have an idea about mining lol. One was a 6 gpu R9 270 setup and another was a couple R9 280x's hashing away, way to much heat and power usage btw. I've got 5 antminer usb sticks and 10 gridseeds in the closet and have gone the way of the dinosaur lol.

Man I would love a terminator! I seen a Mystichrome Cobra the other day and man was she purdy! I've got a 2011 5.0 also and she can get up and go also, to bad the 98 hasn't been used much since getting the 11  Undecided
Activity: 70
At that rate it will take you quite a while to build up many coins. Only 20GB of plots? You really need to have much more space allocated if you want to build up any amount of coins (have you seen how much they are worth currently?) You could buy 1 million coins for about $66. You are competing with people who have several TB allocated. You have joined Burst at a very interesting time. I think the mining is the fun part but who knows what will happen in the bigger picture for this coin.

BTW, same reason I chose Cobra as well, had an 03 Vert, shown here. https://i.imgur.com/OCpyIxg.jpg

Yea I figured the space would not lead to much but I wanted to get my feet wet right away and right now I have a 2TB plotting away to use tomorrow. I just like the low power usage and no really other hardware needed. I've got the drive space already, just wanted to see how it works with the small space i used. I used to mine alt coins with a couple gpu rigs in exchange for bitcoin so I have an idea about mining lol. One was a 6 gpu R9 270 setup and another was a couple R9 280x's hashing away, way to much heat and power usage btw. I've got 5 antminer usb sticks and 10 gridseeds in the closet and have gone the way of the dinosaur lol.

Man I would love a terminator! I seen a Mystichrome Cobra the other day and man was she purdy! I've got a 2011 5.0 also and she can get up and go also, to bad the 98 hasn't been used much since getting the 11  Undecided
Activity: 289
Merit: 250
Who is the imposter here  Grin
Welcome though (Cobra98)

Lol I guess I am since u were already here. I'm a mustang guy and have a 98 Cobra btw!

I think I have everything all set and going a small 20gig partition and just a little while ago I seen a different color line in the mining results. Did this mean I found something?

17:21:57 [17908512605713200237] found DL:        1907956
17:21:57 Thread "Y:\Burst\plots+D:\Burst\plots" in 0.4 sec (16.1 MB/s) CPU 66.03%
17:21:57 [17908512605713200237] sent DL:         1907956    22d 01:59:16
17:21:57 [17908512605713200237] confirmed DL:    1907956    22d 01:59:16

When I look on the pool share list this is me

All Round Shares
9X5F-CMHL-9YJB-HKY3K   22 days   0.80   [ 13 ]

How do I recieve coins and how long does it take?

Jump to: