Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 205. (Read 2170648 times)

Activity: 248
Merit: 100
I'm not real
I am quitting Burst until the dev returns, shows us a whitepaper, and proves that PoC is NOT flawed. Byte Ent continues, and I still support it fully. I am just not doing anything core related until I see some evidence for PoC being 100% secure.
I'm 1 week ahead of you here. I shut down a very large mining setup.  I want to see a peer reviewed white paper too.
Activity: 785
Merit: 500
BURST got Smart Contracts (AT)

I review all tweets of Karl, if it is a pure ad for another pool, I have to skip it! Others I promote.

Hello,

Thank you. No pools or names are mentioned as it is intended to spread the word of BURST's features and through that do promotion.

Regards,
Karl

Karl, I review each tweet carefully before I re-tweet them. If or if it not includes the video of the windows wallet. The windows wallet is for sure very important. However, I feel it is a pure advertisement of a certain pool and as pool operator myself, I can not promote other pools.
First of all, why do you report that pool statistics? The balance and registered miners is completely useless info. Interesting information would be the mining capacity of each pool, perhaps estimated by found blocks. Second, your useless list still miss dev1.

1. I am able to list whatever I want, regardless if you like it or not!

Said this:
2. Of dev pool v1 I have no information. It is nowhere listed any more. If you provide info about them, I am glad to add this as well. I asked here if there are other pools, NOBODY replied, not even YOU. I have no idea what it would change though.

3. I asked how to calculate the estimated network size, but no answer. Of course you could not see that, since you put me on the ignore list. Glad you have your ear again.

4. The pool statistics is complete, unlike the ones posted on other sites!

5. I use REAL name, real phone numbers, real identity, even on SSL certicficates. Therefore you can always trust who I am, where I am, ... unlike ....

Have a nice day.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0

I review all tweets of Karl, if it is a pure ad for another pool, I have to skip it! Others I promote.

Hello,

Thank you. No pools or names are mentioned as it is intended to spread the word of BURST's features and through that do promotion.

Regards,
Karl
Activity: 504
First of all, why do you report that pool statistics? The balance and registered miners is completely useless info. Interesting information would be the mining capacity of each pool, perhaps estimated by found blocks. Second, your useless list still miss dev1.
I am quitting Burst until the dev returns, shows us a whitepaper, and proves that PoC is NOT flawed. Byte Ent continues, and I still support it fully. I am just not doing anything core related until I see some evidence for PoC being 100% secure.

That's what we asked already months!

To be "good" is not enough!

Developers left the ship. That is a fact. We are sailing around in the open sea without a destination, without a PLAN. To make a windows clone of a coin not any more developed is just useless. It covers up for the moment. And even there I can not jump on it. The provided video of the new windows wallet is just pure advertisement for one pool. I cannot promote it! I have to make my own ads (video).

Don't mis-understand. BURST is a brilliant idea of low cost mining, has enormous amount of features, but there are no developers to "finish" or continue developing, nor is there a marketing ("pr team" or whatever you want to call it).

The alphabetical pool statistics for today is:
BURST.MiningHere.com
Pool balance: 66,518
Registered Miners: 280

burst.ninja
Pool balance: 14,988
Registered Miners: 399

burst.poolto.be
Pool balance: 3,937
Registered Miners: 255

cryptomining.farm
Pool balance: 41,743
Registered Miners: 1,859

DevPool v2
Pool balance: 584,576
Registered Miners: 551

mining.tompool.org
Pool balance: 1,349
Registered Miners: 56

pool.blago
Pool balance: 8
Registered Miners: 113

pool.burstcoin.de
Pool balance: 24,983
Registered Miners: 119

pool.burstcoin.it
Pool balance: 37
Registered Miners: 52
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
as i do know a bit from here any 3 TB to doulbe or more its good for even windows mine its just a few dollars earnings and some eletrecity bill to pay but you get a good grip of it soo if you have 3TB to more do try your HDD into it
Activity: 546
Merit: 503

What do you mean not flawed and not secure? You can't leave your reasoning out of a statement like that.

You're wrong. It's the other way around:
If it can't be proven that it is not flawed and secure, there doesn't need to be a reasoning to argument that it might be flawed and insecure.

Yes, of course. But to me it sounds like Irontiga as a dev sits on inside information. More correctly would be to ask if that is the case and if he can share the content of that information. However, I'm pretty sure Irontiga understood what I meant. The price is down -15%

By the way, you do know that it is "et cetera" and "etc.", and not what you state in your sig, right...? Wink
Activity: 435
Merit: 250

What do you mean not flawed and not secure? You can't leave your reasoning out of a statement like that.

You're wrong. It's the other way around:
If it can't be proven that it is not flawed and secure, there doesn't need to be a reasoning to argument that it might be flawed and insecure.

Edit, someone just dumped 3-4mil on polo, down to 38sat.
Activity: 588
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Hello,

15-20 tweets on BURST's undervaluation have now been posted, following the first batch. Twitter account:

https://twitter.com/karl_perkin/

First tweet of the new ones:
https://twitter.com/karl_perkin/status/636610597208068097

Please help to spread this by retweeting some or all of the numbered tweets (these are directed at BURST, while I tweet on other subjects too.

Thank you for doing promotional work! The next tweet will probably come tomorrow.

Warm regards,
Karl
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org
i have 4,5 Tb on a win pc, could i mine?

of course that you can mine, just check the OP thread and you will notice how to do that.

Also the PR team release a new and usefull tool ALL in ONE from where you should be able to start to mine this coin in a few easy steps, you can check it here -> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12174611

Welcome to the BURST world Smiley

I watched the video, after ploting which use CPU and HDD write/read at the maximum speed. After this will it use only the cpu or only the hdd or both? I have 500gb free.

it will use CPU and HDD slightly, for about 1 min or so per block. But that's it. it is about 25% less efficient than just leaving your computer on Smiley I mine on my main rig all day long and notice no decrease in performance or any issues whatsoever.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

of course that you can mine, just check the OP thread and you will notice how to do that.

Also the PR team release a new and usefull tool ALL in ONE from where you should be able to start to mine this coin in a few easy steps, you can check it here -> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12174611

I watched the video, after ploting which use CPU and HDD write/read at the maximum speed. After this will it use only the cpu or only the hdd or both? I have 500gb free.
So, why do you care so much about BURST...?

We all do, that's why we are here!  Grin Grin Grin

I'm just getting sick on all the lazy bastards, who 1) think they have all the solutions, 2) do not understand that their ideas are everything but novel, and 3) just expect that a handful of people are supposed to work night and day to make them money while they don't contribute themselves.

If just everyone contributed with something little at least, BURST would be totally different.

We all do, that's why we are here!  Grin Grin Grin
legendary
Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008
northern exposure

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
So, you want more recognition for Burstcoin?

Let's recapitulate what I wrote 2 months ago.

• More miners? The rewards will distributed over more pockets, so that's a good thing for decentralization. However, it doesn't necessarily mean that more money flows into the coin. You need more investors for that, not more miners.
  • More paid PR? We all know that PR is shallow buzz that may attract some initial attention from people who have never heard of you. But serious investors who do their due diligence, want the PR backed up by real, hard information. A thousand pages of forum posts, a few hundred tweets and a web site with tutorials are not hard information. A white paper explaining the underlying mechanisms of the coin is hard information.
  • Two months ago, I wrote here that only a white paper can save this coin. I also wrote that there existed a few blog posts by mczarnek that could form a good foundation on which a white paper could be based: http://burstcoin.info/blog/ (2 blogposts by mczarnek, the rest is PR buzz).
  • tl;dr: If this coin can't produce a decent white paper after one year, it's doomed.
  • Oh, and don't blame it on the silence of the founder-developer.  The coin exists, the basic functionalities and a lot more exists, the technical platform is stable and mature. But an altcoin without a white paper will not be taken seriously.

Jump to: