Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 268. (Read 2170648 times)

Activity: 527
Merit: 503
Rebranding is a good idea. I am sure there are better name than burst which reflect the product.

I suspect Burst reflects the Bursts of energy when you are reading from the hard drive?  What kind of name would you go with?

Not convinced we need one,  I like Burst.  Btw, if you do find one you really, really like.. grab the domain names and hold on to them.  If you can get them cheap before someone squats on it,  I'm sure we could pay you back if we go with that name.

Look at Google and yahoo  and Microsoft,  etc, how many companies have a name that really represents them?

@bitladen keep in mind the largest account of Burst exactly matches percentage wise Satoshi's holding of total coin supply.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Rebranding is a good idea. I am sure there are better name than burst which reflect the product.
How about POD - Proof of Disk?

The name doesn't differentiate the product or describe what it is. Burst needs a name change.

The term "Capacity" is ambiguous. Proof of Memory makes more sense.

Change these two things and more people will join.

It's a harddrive coin not a RAM coin.

Note it doesn't nessecarily have to be one word.. could be POHD.. proof of hard drive.  Or Proof of drive capacity or something.  Just something to think about.
Activity: 619
Merit: 500
-[ANNOUNCEMENT]- New Pool from Burstcoin.de // http://pool.burstcoin.de

Pool Name – Burstcoin.de Pool
Pool URL – pool.burstcoin.de
Pool Mining Port – 8080
Min Payout 250
Fee 2%

Bonus 100.000 Burst after the first month, paid to all miners, that are active
DONE! Bonus 10.000 Burst after reaching 10 Miners
DONE! Bonus 10.000 Burst after reaching 20 Miners
DONE! Bonus 10.000 Burst after reaching 30 Miners
DONE! Bonus 10.000 Burst after reaching 40 Miners
DONE! Bonus 10.000 Burst after reaching 50 Miners
DONE! Bonus 10.000 Burst after reaching 60 Miners
DONE! Bonus 10.000 Burst after reaching 70 Miners
DONE! Bonus 10.000 Burst after reaching 80 Miners
DONE! Bonus 10.000 Burst after reaching 90 Miners
in progress Bonus 100.000 Burst after reaching 100 Miners
Bonus 100.000 Burst after reaching 200 Miners
Bonus 100.000 Burst after reaching 300 Miners
Bonus 200.000 Burst after reaching 400 Miners

Hardware Dual Quad Core Xeon with 3.0 Ghz, 24GB Ram
Internet 1GBit with DDos Protectoin
Fail Safe Replicated Host with Fallback

Geo location Germany
Quality Made in Germany
Pool Software Urays V2 pool modified and error fixed Version from Blago (thanks to blago for the support)

All my own miners already use the pool, with now over 160TB
Join and lets make some Burst together![/size]

Latest full configurated blago miner you the pool you find here: http://pool.burstcoin.de/howto.html
Just change the paths in the miner.conf

Bonus Payout for reaching 100 Miners will be splittet in 20 transfers of 5000 Burst
1. 5000 Burst payed: http://burstcoin.eu/transaction/13830737379768803328
2. 5000 Burst payed: http://burstcoin.eu/transaction/15870375208772073785
Activity: 619
Merit: 500
-[ANNOUNCEMENT]- New Pool from Burstcoin.de // http://pool.burstcoin.de

Pool Name – Burstcoin.de Pool
Pool URL – pool.burstcoin.de
Pool Mining Port – 8080
Min Payout 250
Fee 2%

Bonus 100.000 Burst after the first month, paid to all miners, that are active
DONE! Bonus 10.000 Burst after reaching 10 Miners
DONE! Bonus 10.000 Burst after reaching 20 Miners
DONE! Bonus 10.000 Burst after reaching 30 Miners
DONE! Bonus 10.000 Burst after reaching 40 Miners
DONE! Bonus 10.000 Burst after reaching 50 Miners
DONE! Bonus 10.000 Burst after reaching 60 Miners
DONE! Bonus 10.000 Burst after reaching 70 Miners
DONE! Bonus 10.000 Burst after reaching 80 Miners
DONE! Bonus 10.000 Burst after reaching 90 Miners
in progress Bonus 100.000 Burst after reaching 100 Miners
Bonus 100.000 Burst after reaching 200 Miners
Bonus 100.000 Burst after reaching 300 Miners
Bonus 200.000 Burst after reaching 400 Miners

Hardware Dual Quad Core Xeon with 3.0 Ghz, 24GB Ram
Internet 1GBit with DDos Protectoin
Fail Safe Replicated Host with Fallback

Geo location Germany
Quality Made in Germany
Pool Software Urays V2 pool modified and error fixed Version from Blago (thanks to blago for the support)

All my own miners already use the pool, with now over 160TB
Join and lets make some Burst together![/size]

Latest full configurated blago miner you the pool you find here: http://pool.burstcoin.de/howto.html
Just change the paths in the miner.conf

Bonus Payout for reaching 100 Miners will be splittet in 20 transfers of 5000 Burst
1. 5000 Burst payed: http://burstcoin.eu/transaction/13830737379768803328
is the project completed yet? like they have a working demo for us to test?

Which project?  Burst is working and has been for a long time now..
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
is the project completed yet? like they have a working demo for us to test?
Activity: 494
Merit: 100
Let's Call it.

Proof of Sizes

legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
The name doesn't differentiate the product or describe what it is. Burst needs a name change.

Kind of semantics, but there's not that much difference between a harddrive and RAM. You can load your whole OS in RAM and you can make RAM act like a HD. It's all 'capacity'.
Proof of Capacity is a more accurate description though, the more hard drives capacity you have, the more you mine.  Right?

And there are other words that I could see.. but they all start with a 'S'.  And it'd be nice to not be POS or POW.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
How about POD - Proof of Disk?

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

Activity: 322
what are you talking about lol I was one of the original miners when difficulty was like if I remember correctly 3,000 , everyone had a chance and still does, take a look at the distribution curve

now it is true that block reward is will be dropping (progressively) so people should hurry up for sure

also maintaining software and network like BURST ain't easy brotha' however please do try it, including adding ACCT which btw if you do you will do us a favor as we can "exchange" coins without exchanges believe next greatest thing to occur in crypto

otherwise take a chill pill

everyone is professor of crypto these days

in fact I am taking above line and putting it into my signature lol

have a chance at what, put tons of money into mining worthless coins? and keeps going down

i'll make the burst clone, including acct or whatever is in there, just change a few constants here and there, test it out and I'll put it on github.
so it will be fair to mine and trade. burst isn't. results on the market show it.
and if you bother read my initial posts, I anticipated this 2 months ago. or was it 3. haha. In fact, it's going worse than I've anticipated

professor of crypto says (that is me) that if you are just in it for the money you shall loose, nice thing about BURST (and QORA actually sparked my interest albeit late because of its integration with BURST) is that people continuously work on the codebase  and set future standards, actually many people here said they are in it for fun as well! which I find great that this is the case.

professor of crypto says that he is sorry that some of you can not pack huge profits in couple of months time

Good point.. it's not just about the money.  We're making what could very likely be one of the biggest products of the future.  It's pretty exciting to work on.  Hopefully most of the crypto people are not solely evaluating a coin based on how it looks on coinmarketcap.com.

But frankly it doesn't look all that bad on coinmarketcap either..  keep in mind that a large chunk of the marketcap going down is because BTC went down in price.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010
professor of crypto says (that is me) that if you are just in it for the money you shall loose, nice thing about BURST (and QORA actually sparked my interest albeit late because of its integration with BURST) is that people continuously work on the codebase  and set future standards, actually many people here said they are in it for fun as well! which I find great that this is the case.

professor of crypto says that he is sorry that some of you can not pack huge profits in couple of months time
Burst is not an Nxt clone, it's an Nxt fork.

But Proof of Capacity is Burst's big deal.  POC is a really big deal.  But most people don't realize it.  Automated transactions are also a huge deal.

I will agree that I wish the block reward didn't pay out quite as fast.. but look at Darkcoin and it's accidental instamine.  They are still doing great.

I think most people would look at your coin as the clone, that being said, if you use the same POC algo, miners could mine for both simultaneously.. might even increase the number of Burst miners.

But if you don't believe in Burst.. please sell your coins to those who do.  Personally the only time I'd sell coins was if I thought we were in a bubble and I can buy more later.. I really think that Burst's POC is the best mining algo out there and most people really have a clue why, they see it as a novelty or a toy.  In their minds, why go POC when you have POS?

And look at the price relative to BTC, not marketcap.. I'm fully convinced this is just a normal up and down and Burst just hasn't convinced the masses yet.  Give us about a month or two, we're finally getting some marketing stuff figured out, and I think we'll be over 200 satoshis.. probably much higher.

And keep in mind that the miners aren't the ones who make a coin take off.. it's the buyers.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010
what are you talking about lol I was one of the original miners when difficulty was like if I remember correctly 3,000 , everyone had a chance and still does, take a look at the distribution curve

now it is true that block reward is will be dropping (progressively) so people should hurry up for sure

also maintaining software and network like BURST ain't easy brotha' however please do try it, including adding ACCT which btw if you do you will do us a favor as we can "exchange" coins without exchanges believe next greatest thing to occur in crypto

otherwise take a chill pill

everyone is professor of crypto these days

in fact I am taking above line and putting it into my signature lol

Bitcoin - Satoshi owns 7+% or there about.. been a whole since I did calculation. Gavin and team own single soffit percentages.
Ripple - 80% owned by Type lands or whatever it is
Litecoin - someone bought 20% while small,  inflation has brought that to 5%.
Dash - 4% holder, 2.5% holder,  couple of 1%ers
Dogecoin - someone owns 14%
Stellar - 96 % held by 'foundation'
Nxt - bunch of people started out holding on to 5+% of the coin
Bitshares- someone owns 9% bunch of other large holders
etc.

Why do large holders scare people? They clearly believe the coin is undervalued and want it's value to rise more than others.

Ok so ripple was orignially closed source, everybody knew what they were getting into.  But unlike BURST, it wasn't a nxt clone, so it did bring a new and innovative platform to the market. Thus the developer's efforts might have justified 80% of holdings. Though risky still ...
Stellar is the ripple clone. Or shall we say netsplit? Or am I mistaken.  Big lols to ripple

<10% is not big holder.

Burst being a nxt clone, had more than 80% of the coins mined by the original team before it became popular. It's deflating fast, so inflation won't fix the problem.

I would be scared to buy it. The 80% can dump 4x more than I could possibly buy at anytime, bringing me a big loss. Duh!
Looks like the traders are also scared. Just a few whales buying it. Lol...

So I will make a burst clone at first, just a quick and dirty fix. Block reward will be proportional to difficulty, therefore the burst situation will not occur, until the hashrate is stabilized the coin will inflate exponentially. So no sort of premine will be possible.

Then a cryptonote with PoC will follow, when I have the time.

Even if unsuccessful, perhaps other people will clone my code and there will be competition on the PoC market.  Then miners will no longer mine burst. Without miners, you will be open to 51% attack, burst will not be a serious coin at all, price will keep dropping.

You could still compete by increasing the block reward. Make it like 30k, that's what makes sense, to give everybody a fair chance to mine it. It is very important that you have miners, without miners the coin is dead.
Just get it out of your system, you are not becoming millionaires... look how the price is dropping. PR won't fix it. Big block rewards would. You will lose some of your % of the total coins, but you will not lose all. Keep it this way, it's surely going to die and you lose all.

I, being a small holder, I committed 1M to the development of a coin mixer in burst. It would be a very useful feature, if it can be done. It's the cryptoworld, nobody here likes banks, or to be tracked by the government. Maybe the traders wouldn't mind it, but you don't even want to let them in. You keep holding the coins. At least add to my bounty, make it like 50M, you're the big holders, you can afford it. Everybody loves anonymity, look what DRK did just by promising it. They never made a reliable implementation, but traders bought the story, and bought in before it was done, without questioning it, and now it's a valuable coin (by scamming the traders). If DRK is such a model for you, at least promise anonymity. LOL!

Bottom line: Nobody is going to give you millions of dollars for making a nxt clone, putting up some websites, and PR (whatever that means).
Look at every one of the top ten or so coins.. know what they have in common?  They have at least one, usually a few very large holders who have a lot of incentive to grow the coin and make sure it succeeds.. they also don't always start out as a top ten coin and have some ups and downs.

I certainly doubt it. Except the DRK scam. And very large is it like 90% large or more like 30% large? And are these holders first miners or are they investors? If they paid something for it I guess it's ok, they certainly have the motivation to make the coin rise. With burst, nobody ever sold the coin. Not even me Tongue I must have sold like 5m only.
Having large bagholders just doesn't appeal to investors. You turned this coin into premine.
How many of the top 10 coins halved the block reward within an year?  With burst, it's almost half now, and it's not even been an year.
The only incentive for mining this coin is the lack of other PoC coin. But I will fix that!

Bitcoin - Satoshi owns 7+% or there about.. been a whole since I did calculation. Gavin and team own single soffit percentages.
Ripple - 80% owned by Type lands or whatever it is
Litecoin - someone bought 20% while small,  inflation has brought that to 5%.
Dash - 4% holder, 2.5% holder,  couple of 1%ers
Dogecoin - someone owns 14%
Stellar - 96 % held by 'foundation'
Nxt - bunch of people started out holding on to 5+% of the coin
Bitshares- someone owns 9% bunch of other large holders
etc.

Why do large holders scare people? They clearly believe the coin is undervalued and want it's value to rise more than others.
Look at every one of the top ten or so coins.. know what they have in common?  They have at least one, usually a few very large holders who have a lot of incentive to grow the coin and make sure it succeeds.. they also don't always start out as a top ten coin and have some ups and downs.

I certainly doubt it. Except the DRK scam. And very large is it like 90% large or more like 30% large? And are these holders first miners or are they investors? If they paid something for it I guess it's ok, they certainly have the motivation to make the coin rise. With burst, nobody ever sold the coin. Not even me Tongue I must have sold like 5m only.
Having large bagholders just doesn't appeal to investors. You turned this coin into premine.
How many of the top 10 coins halved the block reward within an year?  With burst, it's almost half now, and it's not even been an year.
The only incentive for mining this coin is the lack of other PoC coin. But I will fix that!
Jump to: