Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 269. (Read 2170648 times)

Activity: 527
Merit: 503
Just a FYI I deposited some Burst at Poloniex and I haven't had it credited in my account. I contacted them and they said they'd 'look into it', but that was yesterday. Be forwarned.

And no Poloniex has nothing to do with the dump. That was a classic pump and dump, now the coin was lower then where it began with. Probably has something to do with Bitladen 'generating more volume so people see it and buy' strategy. -_-

Bitladen?
I am a little bit puzzled about that!
Just for split of a second think, that Bitladen would not mine at all. How LESS Burst would then have been created so far?
When you figured out the answer, then you will understand my point!

@Elmit, bensam quoted bitladen's call for "generat[e|ing] more volume ON THE EXCHANGES".

@Bitladen, have you beefed up your rig ?
For weeks you had 800-900TB online (extrapolated from the yield of my 380TB rig), and then starting around May 5th it looks more like 1.5 PB. It could also mean you fixed some i/o, cpu or other bottleneck while maintaining the storage footprint. I'd be interested to hear details about that.

One good thing I'd like to read from that is: you burden the operating expense because you believe in the future of this coin.
I'm in the same boat. I have to, as my opex (5 W/TB @ 0.35 USD/kWh) is very high and wouldn't be covered by the mining yield today - if I sold today. All will be good in year or two.

I just acquired more capacity.
Anyhow, there's clearly need for a new PoC coin.
PoC is not dead, it's good, it's just that the coin has deflated too fast and now most coins are held by a few who first mined it. That's why nobody would risk buying it.
It's not really worth mining it, but if there was another PoC option, the coin price would select where the miners go.

I did start a bounty to bring a coin mixer feature to burst. This might just increase the interest in the coin.
Anyhow, when I get the time, I will make a new PoC coin, so us miners don't have to put up with this situation forever.

Look at every one of the top ten or so coins.. know what they have in common?  They have at least one, usually a few very large holders who have a lot of incentive to grow the coin and make sure it succeeds.. they also don't always start out as a top ten coin and have some ups and downs.
Activity: 256
Merit: 250
Just a FYI I deposited some Burst at Poloniex and I haven't had it credited in my account. I contacted them and they said they'd 'look into it', but that was yesterday. Be forwarned.

And no Poloniex has nothing to do with the dump. That was a classic pump and dump, now the coin was lower then where it began with. Probably has something to do with Bitladen 'generating more volume so people see it and buy' strategy. -_-

Bitladen?
Just for split of a second think, that Bitladen would not mine at all. How LESS Burst would then have been created so far?

@Elmit, bensam quoted bitladen's call for "generat[e|ing] more volume ON THE EXCHANGES".

For weeks you had 800-900TB online (extrapolated from the yield of my 380TB rig), and then starting around May 5th it looks more like 1.5 PB. It could also mean you fixed some i/o, cpu or other bottleneck while maintaining the storage footprint. I'd be interested to hear details about that.

One good thing I'd like to read from that is: you burden the operating expense because you believe in the future of this coin.
I'm in the same boat. I have to, as my opex (5 W/TB @ 0.35 USD/kWh) is very high and wouldn't be covered by the mining yield today - if I sold today. All will be good in year or two.

PoC is not dead, it's good, it's just that the coin has deflated too fast and now most coins are held by a few who first mined it. That's why nobody would risk buying it.
It's not really worth mining it, but if there was another PoC option, the coin price would select where the miners go.

I did start a bounty to bring a coin mixer feature to burst. This might just increase the interest in the coin.
Anyhow, when I get the time, I will make a new PoC coin, so us miners don't have to put up with this situation forever.

i am not sure if only having a secure coinmixer in place increases the value much.
the coinmixer must be combined with a decentralized exchange.
maybe based on some qora decentralized websites.

the good thing about having centralized exchanges is that we can simply see that burst coins left polo to somewhere else.
almost 10% left the polo wallet during the last couple of days.

if someone uses my mysql db and wants to monitor a balance this query does it (only the address has to be adjusted):

mysql> SELECT count1-count2 AS total FROM (   SELECT COALESCE((select sum((tx.amountNQT/100000000)) from tx where tx.recipientRS='BURST-R8SQ-TUEM-DTHQ-7ATA3' )) AS count1,                  COALESCE((select sum((tx.amountNQT/100000000)+feeNQT/100000000) from tx where tx.senderRS='BURST-R8SQ-TUEM-DTHQ-7ATA3' )) AS count2        FROM tx ) t limit 1;
+---------------+
| total         |
+---------------+
| 81172782.7850 |
+---------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

Bitladen?

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

Bitladen?

Albeit..you hog some 23% of the network within the last 24 hours. In the 8 blocks from 100919 to 100926 you got 7 of 8, 5 in row. I hope you don't plan on increasing your footprint even more.
Activity: 322

One thing I don't have is a big amount of coins.
Don't point at me when this happens. 95% of the coin is held by a few people. And I'm not one of them.

What about the AT mixer. Nobody wants the bounty?
legendary
Activity: 914
Merit: 1001
Polo withdraw working again ...

confirmed, just got my coins Smiley
Activity: 257
Merit: 255
Polo withdraw working again ...
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
This coin is dead... was nice while it lasted, RIP POC
ya'll can stop mining so I can mine some for myself =P

Yes yes, BURST is dead. Everyone stop mining. lol...

*facepalm*

BURST is anything but dead people. This is a fantastic time to spend any extra BTC you can and BUY IT ALL UP!

Why buy it up?!?!?! oh, just so you can dump more...
Classic pump n dump tactics... good one!
Activity: 256
Merit: 250
it's very concerning that withdrawals are not working from polo for a VERY LONG time now...
I wonder why and is it related to the incredible price drop???
Hmmm, I'm waiting more than 24 hours for deposit also... Poloniex has problem with his BURST wallet I suppose.
it's been more than a few days now on polo with issues. something isn't right. there's a problem they're hiding.
they keep saying, we're still having issues and NO ETA
this really looks like polo is hiding a serious problem.

At least we can be pretty sure their Burst hasn't been hacked: http://burstcoin.eu/charts/addresses-by-balance

I suspect has more to do with rollout of new features and they are overwhelmed with request by people not understanding new features.

if they lost the private keys during server migrations we now have two burn addresses  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

Yes yes, BURST is dead. Everyone stop mining. lol...

*facepalm*

BURST is anything but dead people. This is a fantastic time to spend any extra BTC you can and BUY IT ALL UP!
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
You know what I'd do of I had invested a bunch into Ether pre-sale and was malicious?  Buy some burest slowly and dump just before Ether came out.. plus I suspect people had hoped ATs would make Ether a non-issue. But looks like we'll all have to compete with them.. which I could see weighing on investors minds.

The other reason I suspect price declined?  Looks like some one decided to invest very heavily and I suspect did it slowly, hit his limit, and stopped buying.
it's very concerning that withdrawals are not working from polo for a VERY LONG time now...
Hmmm, I'm waiting more than 24 hours for deposit also... Poloniex has problem with his BURST wallet I suppose.
it's been more than a few days now on polo with issues. something isn't right. there's a problem they're hiding.

At least we can be pretty sure their Burst hasn't been hacked: http://burstcoin.eu/charts/addresses-by-balance

I suspect has more to do with rollout of new features and they are overwhelmed with request by people not understanding new features.
Activity: 619
Merit: 500
and not for the first time. month ago was the same with a other coin, that didnt work for several weeks...

just wait... or sell for another coin, transfer them and buy your burst back in another exchange, if you cant wait.

alternativly use ACCT with Qora.
Activity: 248
I'm not real
Activity: 619
-[ANNOUNCEMENT]- New Pool from Burstcoin.de // http://pool.burstcoin.de

Pool Name – Burstcoin.de Pool
Pool URL – pool.burstcoin.de
Pool Mining Port – 8080
Min Payout 250
Fee 2%

Bonus 100.000 Burst after the first month, paid to all miners, that are active
DONE! Bonus 10.000 Burst after reaching 10 Miners
DONE! Bonus 10.000 Burst after reaching 20 Miners
DONE! Bonus 10.000 Burst after reaching 30 Miners
DONE! Bonus 10.000 Burst after reaching 40 Miners
DONE! Bonus 10.000 Burst after reaching 50 Miners
DONE! Bonus 10.000 Burst after reaching 60 Miners
DONE! Bonus 10.000 Burst after reaching 70 Miners
DONE! Bonus 10.000 Burst after reaching 80 Miners
DONE! Bonus 10.000 Burst after reaching 90 Miners
Bonus 100.000 Burst after reaching 100 Miners
Bonus 100.000 Burst after reaching 200 Miners
Bonus 100.000 Burst after reaching 300 Miners
Bonus 200.000 Burst after reaching 400 Miners

Hardware Dual Quad Core Xeon with 3.0 Ghz, 24GB Ram
Internet 1GBit with DDos Protectoin
Fail Safe Replicated Host with Fallback

Geo location Germany
Quality Made in Germany
Pool Software Urays V2 pool modified and error fixed Version from Blago (thanks to blago for the support)

All my own miners already use the pool, with now over 160TB
Join and lets make some Burst together![/size]

Latest full configurated blago miner you the pool you find here: http://pool.burstcoin.de/howto.html
Just change the paths in the miner.conf

Bonus Payout for reaching 90 Miners http://burstcoin.eu/transaction/17755615233214237511 and http://burstcoin.eu/transaction/10485670832315744885
Activity: 785
BURST got Smart Contracts (AT)

Bitladen?
Activity: 736
Merit: 262
Me, Myself & I
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

Activity: 539
Elmit and haitch, please go to burstforum.com and make a thread to discuss this, or use PM.  Personally I really don't care, I skim right over those comments and don't know what the newest argument is, but it reflects poorly on Burst to have constant bickering in the comments anytime Elmit posts something.  His miners have been warned that he make be taking large cuts or be having issues and can look around.

I created a thread over there, he mostly ignores it. He prefers to make baseless allegations over here. I'd prefer to ignore it, but I'm not going to have this fraud/thief disparage me in any public forum.

H.
Jump to: