Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 265. (Read 2170648 times)

Activity: 785
Merit: 500
BURST got Smart Contracts (AT)

Yes, he just walked away with asset money without a warning and now, who bought his asset, can't sell it and will not be paid anymore since there are no fees from pools...not a nice move

Other assets did the same, ... changed name, ceased payouts, cannot be sold anymore!

All this kinda make me wonder if its better to sell out all my assets. Uray have invest so many in BURST and gone like this. Same can happens to any one from assets owner i have invested.

Yup, as soon as the market started bombing...

And for the love of god I STILL can't find as many blocks mining solo as I can while mining on a pool. There is definitely something broken when I host a wallet and based on what I heard about nix and about windows, it could be because I'm on Windows. I noticed this in the first two weeks I was mining this coin and people said I'm crazy, four months later and it's still happening.

The whole sillyness with the Blago miner being quite inferior to the DCCT miner which is nix only compounds things too. Blagos still crashing with the 'out of bounds' error I reported two months ago

Going back to what I complained about three months ago, this coin is very dependent on CPU hardware, not just HDs. Even with really fast hardware you end up around a 40s mine time if you use Windows (5TB HDs), but then you get people using DCCT one nix reporting mine times around 6-10s (like Bitladen) for a PB. I know PoC2 is supposed to fix this, but it's not here and Burst hasn't talked about it in quite some time. What does this mean? Someone with a insanely fast scan times scoop up all the fast blocks, which artificially increase how much they get paid. Fastblocks account for like 10% of the network volume.

Could it be, that your time is not synchronized?
Activity: 561
Uray did really great for BURST! Great miner & nice poolcode - BIG THX @URAY

I've also lost the BURST invested in his asset but ALWAYS remember: just invest only as much as you can afford to lose.

What asset ?
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Uray did really great for BURST! Great miner & nice poolcode - BIG THX @URAY

I've also lost the BURST invested in his asset but ALWAYS remember: just invest only as much as you can afford to lose.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

Yes, he just walked away with asset money without a warning and now, who bought his asset, can't sell it and will not be paid anymore since there are no fees from pools...not a nice move

Other assets did the same, ... changed name, ceased payouts, cannot be sold anymore!

All this kinda make me wonder if its better to sell out all my assets. Uray have invest so many in BURST and gone like this. Same can happens to any one from assets owner i have invested.

Yup, as soon as the market started bombing...

And for the love of god I STILL can't find as many blocks mining solo as I can while mining on a pool. There is definitely something broken when I host a wallet and based on what I heard about nix and about windows, it could be because I'm on Windows. I noticed this in the first two weeks I was mining this coin and people said I'm crazy, four months later and it's still happening.

The whole sillyness with the Blago miner being quite inferior to the DCCT miner which is nix only compounds things too. Blagos still crashing with the 'out of bounds' error I reported two months ago

Going back to what I complained about three months ago, this coin is very dependent on CPU hardware, not just HDs. Even with really fast hardware you end up around a 40s mine time if you use Windows (5TB HDs), but then you get people using DCCT one nix reporting mine times around 6-10s (like Bitladen) for a PB. I know PoC2 is supposed to fix this, but it's not here and Burst hasn't talked about it in quite some time. What does this mean? Someone with a insanely fast scan times scoop up all the fast blocks, which artificially increase how much they get paid. Fastblocks account for like 10% of the network volume.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
* jwinterm nominates this thread for best Engrish on BTCtalk
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Does anyone know something about Uray?   Roll Eyes

The last time I saw him was quite some time ago. I don't think he plans on returning to BURST, sadly. He was a great asset.

Hopefully one day he will return, until then we'll continue along without him.

Oh man, I didn't know he did that... What a shame...

I guess I could say that maybe one of the reasons he did, maybe, was because I refused his offer of buying his pools and new code for 10k USD, and instead, had my own pool code commissioned through catbref. (best decision I ever made, btw. THANK YOU CAT!)

That's really nonsense!
Uray made a pool most of us used or use modified. Actually the code IS good, just the settings are tricky and without explanation it is too hard for Windows freaks to get around. I also refused his offer of the new pool software, since we make our own.

To say he run away with assets is really nothing else than big bad mouth. The pools he were running did not make any profit, and I blame more his disappearance on the bad performing of BURST itself. What did he get for his weeks/months of programming? NOTHING, but bad talks.

There is a 20+ man strong PR team. I have not found a single item from them on my own, only what they posted here. That shows clearly that it failed.
I did however found from Boba in Germany a lots of information, which came back to me via my friends living there. He seems the only one really DOING something to promote Burst. - Thanks Boba!

New noname coins can get a big investor, but BURST is ahead in the features, but nobody knows.

Even my investor quit after he invested for testing just 5 hard disks and computer for mining. He sold on E-bay all, because of the bad performing of BURSTs.

All the time the same big talks, keep your BURSTs they will be worth millions, ... bullshit. If nobody knows, it is like a beautiful painting in your bed room.
BURSTS must be USED not just ADMIRED like a painting to get value. Value is the result of Demand and Supply combined with Features!

Then all the time the accusations against other members. Making it unclear for outsiders if the coin exists still tomorrow!!!! If half of THAT effort would be shifted  promoting BURST and its features to assist/replace the PR team would be much better.
Activity: 256
Merit: 250
Could it be that one of the reasons why BURST isn't so widely used is because it's NXT based?  Roll Eyes

There definitely was a belief a year or so ago that a fresh code base was worth more than forking other people's code.  How would you deal with that?  Not make mentions of Nxt on the website or in articles/interviews unless directly asked?

One thing that I  think will help is the blog,  it should help attract even more techy people and show people the vision we have for Burst.

I bet if wallet was just some dumbass copy paste Bitcoin/Blackcoin clone, more people would be into it. People like Windows because it is "user friendly" and most have no idea what Linux is.

What does Linux have to do with anything? Wallet runs just fine on Windows.

The wallets run better in Linux  Grin
I can run a whole lot of wallets on Linux... way more than windoze.

See that daemon=1 in your config?
That's not for windoze  Cheesy

after mczarnek disclosed from a pm conversation earlier that the next item on his todo list is to create a windows exe wallet based on my research i hope it is only a matter of days until it is available to the public  Tongue

since i am a total windows noob i created the wallet in linux and tested it within wine (a test sync of the whole blockchain worked like charm and i made some transaction tests with it).

instead of simply putting a wallet for downloading somewhere i decided to equip the burst team with everything required to built it on their own from trusted sources since we speak about the wallet.

my provided methods and config files may be directly used on linux to built the exe wallet but he wants to port the whole creation process to windows which should also work fine.

lately i have played a bit with proguard (http://proguard.sourceforge.net/) which removes unused java classes from jar files (stripping) and can do some sort of optimizations to the compiled code. removing unused java classes may be some good thing in terms of future java exploits (much less possible attack vectors).
the wallet itself does not get stripped much (about 15% in size) but the rt.jar which is included in the jre gets stripped quite heavy.
i am no java specalist and don't know in detail what it does but the stripped version starts much faster since all unused jre classes got stripped off.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

The last time I saw him was quite some time ago. I don't think he plans on returning to BURST, sadly. He was a great asset.

Oh man, I didn't know he did that... What a shame...

I guess I could say that maybe one of the reasons he did, maybe, was because I refused his offer of buying his pools and new code for 10k USD, and instead, had my own pool code commissioned through catbref. (best decision I ever made, btw. THANK YOU CAT!)
Activity: 631
Merit: 501
Could it be that one of the reasons why BURST isn't so widely used is because it's NXT based?  Roll Eyes

There definitely was a belief a year or so ago that a fresh code base was worth more than forking other people's code.  How would you deal with that?  Not make mentions of Nxt on the website or in articles/interviews unless directly asked?

One thing that I  think will help is the blog,  it should help attract even more techy people and show people the vision we have for Burst.

I bet if wallet was just some dumbass copy paste Bitcoin/Blackcoin clone, more people would be into it. People like Windows because it is "user friendly" and most have no idea what Linux is.

The wallets run better in Linux  Grin
I can run a whole lot of wallets on Linux... way more than windoze.

See that daemon=1 in your config?
That's not for windoze  Cheesy
Activity: 241
Merit: 100

legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042
https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964
what about last 12H volume increase on c-cex and poloniex on burst???
...recent volume are over moving average...
I missed some important news?

thanks!
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org
Does anyone know something about Uray?   Roll Eyes

Activity: 494
Activity: 241
Does anyone know something about Uray?   Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002
Then you guys might be happy to know that callmejack had figured out how to turn our current wallet into a standalone exe.

He's done it for Linux and should be easy enough to do for Windows too, current it's the next item on my to do list when I can find some time.

I don't think that was the point you were trying to make but it is a step in the right direction of user friendliness.

That's kind of what I was referring to. A GUI standalone exe wallet would definitely simplify things for most users, specially lazy ones.
Activity: 527
Merit: 503
Name could be a problem as to why it's undervalue. Maybe we need rebranding with a more appropriate name?
What do you dislike about Burst.. personally I like the name.  We do have a decent number of people invested in domain names and that kind of thing.. though granted if it is something that needs to be done, now is the time.  Do you have suggestions? Hard coin?
Activity: 527
Merit: 503
Then you guys might be happy to know that callmejack had figured out how to turn our current wallet into a standalone exe.

He's done it for Linux and should be easy enough to do for Windows too, current it's the next item on my to do list when I can find some time.

I don't think that was the point you were trying to make but it is a step in the right direction of user friendliness.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002
Could it be that one of the reasons why BURST isn't so widely used is because it's NXT based?  Roll Eyes

There definitely was a belief a year or so ago that a fresh code base was worth more than forking other people's code.  How would you deal with that?  Not make mentions of Nxt on the website or in articles/interviews unless directly asked?

One thing that I  think will help is the blog,  it should help attract even more techy people and show people the vision we have for Burst.

I may be wrong with my analogy but I see Bitcoin cloned wallets like Windows, and NXT is like Linux.
Jump to: