Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 293. (Read 2170648 times)

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org
Lovely bitchfest in here as per usual. Keep up the drama guys... That aside

Why does it always seem like when a new wallet version comes out, the block finding on the network always seems to get really wonky until everyone is on the same version. Since 1.2.3 it seems like my profits have went down significantly, the number of blocks I've found has also went down significantly (like 1/4 of what it was). It happened with the upgrade to 1.2.2 as well.

It seems to favor the older wallet as well.
yep. I've experienced same thing several times already.

After the 92000 fork I mined a fuck ton of blocks (still am) I'm guessing while everyone else is updating their wallet that hasn't.

There DEFINITELY is a correlation between wallet version and luck at finding blocks. It seems to favor older wallets. This week was a perfect example of that. Since the release of 1.2.3 I've been mining on a newer wallet, block find drops to nothing (about 25%), new wallet is enforced, everything is back to normal. I'm not sure what's causing this, but it's there and I'm sure other big miners can chime in on this (or keep exploiting it every time wallets update).

I am using Blago's miner and just hopped over to burst.ninja to try after being on the V2 pool for months.  I have been noticing some of my "sent DL's" are not coming back as "confirmed DL's" .  And they are usually the best deadlines that are not coming back confirmed.  Randomly every few blocks this is happening and its not because of a quick block change as there is a fair amount of time after the last sent (minutes sometimes) before the next block begins.

Any thoughts?

I also use Blago in V2, I tried burst.ninja few times, I also had this problem.
V2 continues for now still be more profitable than burst.ninja at least for large miners

Yeah, I've tried a few pools... V2 seems to pay closest to what the calculator says and I'll take that over RNG any day. V2 definitely seems the way to go regardless of size, it's pretty spot on.

The whole blockchain takes ages to download and takes up a lot of space. Is there any way to skip it? I want to start mining, is it possible somehow?

Blockchain can be downloaded here: http://burstcoin.info/download/

Still think there should be a publicly available website/wallet with SSL and all the bells and whistles since all your account is is a password.

burst.ninja I believe the issue has been resolved, please let me know if you continue to see it. We've made server changes to fix that particular issue.

edit : There are also some code changes we're currently taking a look at to see if that will allow the issue to be even further handled for the future. To make sure we can accommodate new miners when the community inevitably grows much larger. This coin is still new, and we're doing everything we can to make sure we get everything handled, and get all the necessary features and services available to the community.

Byte Enterprises will continue to work hard for the BURST community. Thank you.

Also, We will have a web wallet with all the bells and whistles shortly. Stay tuned.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

Why does it always seem like when a new wallet version comes out, the block finding on the network always seems to get really wonky until everyone is on the same version. Since 1.2.3 it seems like my profits have went down significantly, the number of blocks I've found has also went down significantly (like 1/4 of what it was). It happened with the upgrade to 1.2.2 as well.

After the 92000 fork I mined a fuck ton of blocks (still am) I'm guessing while everyone else is updating their wallet that hasn't.

There DEFINITELY is a correlation between wallet version and luck at finding blocks. It seems to favor older wallets. This week was a perfect example of that. Since the release of 1.2.3 I've been mining on a newer wallet, block find drops to nothing (about 25%), new wallet is enforced, everything is back to normal. I'm not sure what's causing this, but it's there and I'm sure other big miners can chime in on this (or keep exploiting it every time wallets update).

And they are definitely both on the same fork?  I could see the each version mining on it's own fork.. so you're not actually getting paid on the 'real' one?  But there are still enough people mining on that same fork to make it look like it's still going?

Pretty sure, otherwise when I end up on the right fork they'd disappear from my mined block history right?
Activity: 527
Merit: 503

And they are definitely both on the same fork?  I could see the each version mining on it's own fork.. so you're not actually getting paid on the 'real' one?  But there are still enough people mining on that same fork to make it look like it's still going?

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

I am using Blago's miner and just hopped over to burst.ninja to try after being on the V2 pool for months.  I have been noticing some of my "sent DL's" are not coming back as "confirmed DL's" .  And they are usually the best deadlines that are not coming back confirmed.  Randomly every few blocks this is happening and its not because of a quick block change as there is a fair amount of time after the last sent (minutes sometimes) before the next block begins.

Any thoughts?

V2 continues for now still be more profitable than burst.ninja at least for large miners

Yeah, I've tried a few pools... V2 seems to pay closest to what the calculator says and I'll take that over RNG any day. V2 definitely seems the way to go regardless of size, it's pretty spot on.

The whole blockchain takes ages to download and takes up a lot of space. Is there any way to skip it? I want to start mining, is it possible somehow?

Still think there should be a publicly available website/wallet with SSL and all the bells and whistles since all your account is is a password.
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
butstcoin, I mine solo, and today I faced an unpleasant thing in BURST wallet. After I had mined more than 100 blocks, there was “100+” instead of the exact amount of blocks in the wallet. It is very inconvenient for monitoring the statistics. Is it possible to fix it someways?

It looks like it's a pretty simple UI change to fix this issue. I created a pull request which makes this change: https://github.com/BurstProject/burstcoin/pull/16

In the meantime, you can just change "100" to "500" on line 244 and 353 of nrs.blocks.js, and reload the wallet.
Thank you!
But this fix does not work for me.
Maybe need to correct other lines in nrs.blocks.js file?

Strange... the fix I posted does seem to be working for me, with only those 2 lines of code changed. Maybe try clearing the cache on your browser after you've edited the code?

Or here if you want to be decentralized about it, download it via bittorrent:
https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/block-chain-torrent-download.568/
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Activity: 47
In my opinion.. short term, low prices are good, we need to attract more developers and entrepreneur types and let miners who are mining for short term profit go ahead and dump.. the more business and development minded people we get on board at these prices, the better long term.

I partially agree. Short term low prices are good, but as long as there is volume.  Haven't had any decent volume in ages. If people sell, but not make buy orders, it's not gonna happen. But I see the order book has increased slightly during this week

Please let the price fall down to 100 satoshi. At 100 satoshi i will place a 10 BTC buywall (and more BTC incoming if necessary).
Activity: 19

Any thoughts?

Activity: 248
Merit: 100
I'm not real
Haven't been posting here for a while now, but I've been mining and trading BURST.

What I want to say is: LET'S PUMP!

For the last month I kept selling at top buy, then buying like 10-20% below, and I turned 1 BTC into 1.5 BTC. I still have 1 BTC the buy book @120. And selling 500k more, and will make another buy order with the BTC
If everybody did that, the price would be rising.

Just holding the coin and waiting for the price to go up does not work, or at least doesn't have to do anything with you holding the coin.

Everybody should sell like 10% of their coins at top sell, like say 133 at the moment, and then don't withdraw the btc but make a buy order 10% below the price you sold, which would be at the moment 120
If everybody did that, the price has to rise, because of the buy orders.

I know some people advocate investing in PR, but that's no longer necessary, nor will it do the trick. The coin is already on Poloniex and Bittrex, so the PR did their job a long time ago.
Now it's our job to pump it. Everybody, just sell a few of your coins and put the BTC on the buy book, and then the price will increase. That's how it works.  I see there was a buy up to 134 today, so somebody is buying, now it's a good time.

And what's up with burstbank? dead?  Tongue

In my opinion.. short term, low prices are good, we need to attract more developers and entrepreneur types and let miners who are mining for short term profit go ahead and dump.. the more business and development minded people we get on board at these prices, the better long term.

Agree, but I'm lazy: When will a block pays like 3-4K?
here's the block reward chart: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10407591
Activity: 435
Merit: 250
well i have hte HDD i have the blago I have the pool and i mined for the past 6 months but now i need no lag on my computer soo its just no mining till day 5 may or soo but i will be aware of more inspections on the burst coin and wallet version and besides that the best pool to mine and the price on dollars per 1K my usuall a day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuation
Activity: 252
well i have hte HDD i have the blago I have the pool and i mined for the past 6 months but now i need no lag on my computer soo its just no mining till day 5 may or soo but i will be aware of more inspections on the burst coin and wallet version and besides that the best pool to mine and the price on dollars per 1K my usuall a day.
Activity: 462
Haven't been posting here for a while now, but I've been mining and trading BURST.

For the last month I kept selling at top buy, then buying like 10-20% below, and I turned 1 BTC into 1.5 BTC. I still have 1 BTC the buy book @120. And selling 500k more, and will make another buy order with the BTC

Just holding the coin and waiting for the price to go up does not work, or at least doesn't have to do anything with you holding the coin.

Everybody should sell like 10% of their coins at top sell, like say 133 at the moment, and then don't withdraw the btc but make a buy order 10% below the price you sold, which would be at the moment 120

I know some people advocate investing in PR, but that's no longer necessary, nor will it do the trick. The coin is already on Poloniex and Bittrex, so the PR did their job a long time ago.
Now it's our job to pump it. Everybody, just sell a few of your coins and put the BTC on the buy book, and then the price will increase. That's how it works.  I see there was a buy up to 134 today, so somebody is buying, now it's a good time.

Agree, but I'm lazy: When will a block pays like 3-4K?
Activity: 208
butstcoin, I mine solo, and today I faced an unpleasant thing in BURST wallet. After I had mined more than 100 blocks, there was “100+” instead of the exact amount of blocks in the wallet. It is very inconvenient for monitoring the statistics. Is it possible to fix it someways?

It looks like it's a pretty simple UI change to fix this issue. I created a pull request which makes this change: https://github.com/BurstProject/burstcoin/pull/16

In the meantime, you can just change "100" to "500" on line 244 and 353 of nrs.blocks.js, and reload the wallet.
Thank you!
But this fix does not work for me.
Maybe need to correct other lines in nrs.blocks.js file?
Activity: 72
Merit: 2

BOUNTY!

Pool UI development/designer! (You will have to ask catbref ((pool developer)) what you will need to know in order do do this, but I know CSS is a must!)

I will offer 150k BURST from my own wallet, 150k BURST from ByteEnterprises wallet, and 2500 shares of ByteEnt asset (pays dividends monthly based off mining and the pool fee from ninja pool. Represents 2.5% of Byte Enterprises as a company.)

This is a fairly large bounty because it will be a fairly large amount of work. You can also talk to the other people who work with me and ask them how fair I am when it comes to paying people. I may throw you an extra bonus because I feel you did something extraordinary! Come be part of the Byte Enterprises team!

Thank you!

I'll add 150K to this of my own money (and I'm not part of the Byte Enterprises team nor even mining at ninja).

Crowe, if you can, post this as a separate thread so you might attract people outside the BURST community.

(i'll be back soon)

+50k  from me for your pool upgrade send me your account

Just making the quote correct Smiley we are with you, bro!

Smiley PEOPLE SUPORT PR TEAM AND STOP DUMP TO BUY PIZZAS
+50 k from me to Crowetic for the fantastic job (when send me bounty account)
(sorry for my english i m SPARTAN......)  Smiley

Bounty wallet address - BURST-CSPG-BPBU-R985-2YC33

Thank you all so much!

both my donations have been sent. http://burstcoin.eu/address/37539858111357614

Sent 150K, and I might consider mining there if the UI is decent  Cheesy

+50K ....
Activity: 257
Merit: 255
Activity: 322

I partially agree. Short term low prices are good, but as long as there is volume.  Haven't had any decent volume in ages. If people sell, but not make buy orders, it's not gonna happen. But I see the order book has increased slightly during this week
Activity: 539
Merit: 500

Any thoughts?

Pinecone,

Some changes have been made to the pool server today. Are you still seeing this behaviour?

H.

Jump to: