Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 345. (Read 2170648 times)

Activity: 62
Merit: 10
Blago, I'm getting " JSON format error " when trying your new miner.
Any ideas?
Thanks !!

There's a typo in your miner.conf. Post the contents ans someone will help you find it.

H.

validator http://jsonlint.com/

{
    "Mode": "pool",
    "Server": "burst.ninja",
    "Port": 80,
    "SendBestOnly": true,
    "SendInterval": 200,
    "TargetDeadline": 3000000,
    "UseFastRcv": false,
    "UpdaterAddr": "burst.ninja",
    "UpdaterPort": 80,
    "UpdateInterval": 2000,
    "ShowWinner": true,
    "InfoAddr": "burst.ninja",
    "InfoPort": 8125,
    "EnableProxy": false,
    "ProxyPort": 8126,
    "Paths": [
        "F:\\plots\\optimized",
        "H:\\plots\\optimized",
        "I:\\plots\\optimized",
        "Z:\\plots\\optimized",
    ],
    "SkipBadPlots": false,
    "CacheSize": 100000,
    "UseSorting": true,
    "UseCleanMem": true,
    "Debug": true,
    "UseLog": true,
    "ShowMsg": false,
    "ShowUpdates": false
}

delete red comma

Thankyou...that worked the charm. Smiley
Activity: 588
Merit: 500

yea, he's right, tiga. That price isn't very good, I can get them at a local Costco for 129.

I think Bitladen is alright, what's wrong with him?

It is a good price for me....
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
Infidels! why you think /bin/laden is cheat? me no cheat my friend, me high-performance.

Soon, you will all be able to join the Al-Shabal Burstcorrist Mining Camp, where I'm willing to share my mining power with you.
Nope, it's not the nodejs uray burst-pool.
and NOOO, it's not the blago miner, I made proper port of the dcct-miner, for windos. And an optimized plotter, like 15% faster.
Let's just say, amongst many other bugs, that {char blago[50]; return blago;} is just not right. OK? I see Blago commented on me

Peace be upon you!

I can say this... ever since I saw /bin/laden, I loved this guy. As long as you don't crash the market, I'm cool with whatever you do. haha.

I could use a new plotter. Wink

crash the market? you crazy?
let's pump it up

How do you think we increase the value to BURST?

"We increase", as in present tense. I see it's DEcreasing, I don't think you're increasing it at all. So, do we do the pump or not?

Sorry for my language skills.

How do you think we will/can increase the value to BURST in the future?

IF you by pump (and dump) mean the ordinary thing, that's not very interesting for me... Are you in BURST only short term?

No worries about your English, but I actually thought you were saying just that ;P

There's nothing wrong with pumping. What I mean, is that the price is low right now, yet I see no big buy orders. If we all want it to rise, we should have faith in it, put many orders there, either we get real cheap coins, or the price will rise, we like both scenarios, right? I mine like what 25 blocks a day? the remaining 215 is mined by you guys. Let's all chip in, put some orders and I'll join with 10%.
Most altcoins are pretty useless, their only usefulness is trading, burst is no different. so we don't need to be ashamed. that itself gives value to the coin. 980 page forum, also does, being listed on poloniex as well.  However, 3 BTC volume and 8 BTC in the order book DOESN'T. And then there are the traders who (THANKFULLY!) bought many coins well above 150. They will have to join in as well, and they can't really dump it to us, since they will be losing on it.
Having an USD exchange [yea right Smiley ...at least for now] would further add to it's value. Then the ability to transfer money with it would give it value, like with BTC and LTC

With BURST the only interesting thing is the mining algorithm. I am thinking of making a CryptoNote fork with this algorithm. Let me know who's in this with me?
CryptoNote is way better, it is a distributed trustless coin mixer.  Right now there's Monero but it's pretty hard for the average user to actually use it as a mixer , but with a few tweaks I can make something usable out of it.  So having the ability to mix, is also a thing that gives value.

And my final point is that all coins suffer from the deflationary model. Wait WHAT?? But we all thought this was good?!!
I've been into mining for over an year now, believe me I've seen this happen over and over. The thing with the decreasing block reward is that there will be many coins emitted at very low hashpower, that eventually get dumped to a very low price where new coins will just be unprofitable to mine. What I mean is, that if somebody bought (or mined) cheap coins, they have control over the coin cheaply, they have a shitload of coins, ready to dump at any moment when they feel like the coin is going south. The only reason they're not dumping is because they can't possibly dump them all at once. That's why all coins eventually go down.

Instead what I propose is that the block reward should be proportional to the hashpower that was put in it. Say right now we have 12PB, we can measure it like we do with electricity, say PBh, PetaByte-Hour. And just as an example we could give 1 coin for each TBh that went into mining that particular block.  (it's simple math, no rocket science there)

This makes perfect sense. Say if we would all be into farming wheat instead, for some amount of seeds we plant we know we expect to harvest 1 ton of flour. This will always stay more or less the same, no matter how many people will farm in the future, or have farmed in the past. Why not have the same principle for coins?

Ok, so now you ask, why would somebody invest, if infinite coins are emitted. Simple, a ton of flour is still a ton of flour, and anyone can find out exactly what it costs to produce one, and as with any commodity, the price will fluctuate, hence the possibility to profit does exist. However we will be less likely to have any brutal pump and dumps. Also instead of paying tx fees, we can burn the coins when transactions are made, to compensate the infinite emission of coins. And being a cryptonote mixer, transactions is what we like to have, it draws value from that. We can also implement a thing where you can't keep an input for more than a month without transferring it, this also serves our mixing purposes well. We do need many transactions to mix our coins with, if we like to have a good anonymity.

Any constructive comments are welcome
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

yea, he's right, tiga. That price isn't very good, I can get them at a local Costco for 129.

I think Bitladen is alright, what's wrong with him?
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org
Let us hope he's here on BURST's side, hoping it will make him a millionaire like so many of us. Smiley

let us hope he believes in the tech.

(I don't mind windows, btw.)
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Infidels! why you think /bin/laden is cheat? me no cheat my friend, me high-performance.

Soon, you will all be able to join the Al-Shabal Burstcorrist Mining Camp, where I'm willing to share my mining power with you.
and NOOO, it's not the blago miner, I made proper port of the dcct-miner, for windos. And an optimized plotter, like 15% faster.
Let's just say, amongst many other bugs, that {char blago[50]; return blago;} is just not right. OK? I see Blago commented on me

Peace be upon you!

I can say this... ever since I saw /bin/laden, I loved this guy. As long as you don't crash the market, I'm cool with whatever you do. haha.

let's pump it up

"We increase", as in present tense. I see it's DEcreasing, I don't think you're increasing it at all. So, do we do the pump or not?

Sorry for my language skills.

How do you think we will/can increase the value to BURST in the future?

IF you by pump (and dump) mean the ordinary thing, that's not very interesting for me... Are you in BURST only short term?

Peace be upon you!

let's pump it up

Soon, you will all be able to join the Al-Shabal Burstcorrist Mining Camp, where I'm willing to share my mining software with you.
Let's just say, amongst other many other bugs that {char blago[50]; return blago;} is just not right. OK? I see Blago commented on me

Peace be upon you!

let's pump it up

Still badly but a bit a Twitter frenzy brought us over 750 followers.

https://twitter.com/real_BURSTCOIN/with_replies

If you have ideas or news you think we can tweet about, feel free to email burst@countermail or just send of PM. Plz remember that I'm still behind on burst work though.
Blago miner works also great for me. Cant understand the critism...

Perhaps bin should post some more detail things than this unconctete words.

bob? what's up buddy? feeling neglected, because I haven't replied to you.
unconcrete? is that even a word?
I just gave you one of the bugs above, how's that inconcrete?
It's quite easy to figure out what's wrong with that, let's see how long it takes Blago to do it. The hard part was finding it, which I did
Activity: 619
Blago miner works also great for me. Cant understand the critism...

Perhaps bin should post some more detail things than this unconctete words.
to what you have ported the dcct miner?
if you say windows i would have to ask how old you are cause nobody wants to run that size of storage windows based Roll Eyes

Red Star OS, obviously
take care for your private keys. may be possible that the northern american agencies seeded exploits into Red Star OS  Cool

ok, I'll switch to talibanix
Activity: 256
if you say windows i would have to ask how old you are cause nobody wants to run that size of storage windows based Roll Eyes

Red Star OS, obviously
take care for your private keys. may be possible that the northern american agencies seeded exploits into Red Star OS  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
quarkchain.io
Thanks , Blago , just installed the new miner , work fine to me...

Red Star OS, obviously
Activity: 256
what about this one?
DWORD cwdsz = GetCurrentDirectoryA(0, 0);
p_minerPath = (char*)malloc(cwdsz);
GetCurrentDirectoryA(cwdsz, LPSTR(p_minerPath));
strcat(p_minerPath, "\\");

I'm sure there were others, but i kinda forgot, like I said I ported the dcct miner

PS: how old are you?  Smiley

Activity: 619
what about this one?

I'm sure there were others, but i kinda forgot, like I said I ported the dcct miner

What miner are you using? And what os?
what about this one?

Jump to: