Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 383. (Read 2170648 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Maybe plots could at least store the Blockchain in a future version ?

You have no idea how much I want that....The ultimate trim!!!

Everybody, watch out for this asset: Petabyte

Sell order from issuer @179k Burst....which equates to $81USD/TB...If anyone thinks that they'll ROI at that price....well, ur not. Don't know how Elmit is selling this...obviously the buyers are idiots and don't research anything.
legendary
Activity: 914
Merit: 1001
-[Quick Announcement for burst.ninja pool]-

We've evened out the distribution of coins for payouts, hopefully benefitting everyone who has had issue with payouts, if you'd like please come back and give it another go. We've also implemented a way to change this distribution method more easily, and we can now fully customize payouts fairly simply. This means we can help our miners come to the perfect BURST fair payout distribution.

We've fixed wrong Difficulty (at the top) issue.

We've fixed lag issue causing a few missed blocks.

We've fixed lag issue on submission of shares.

We  have many more plans. New UI coming soon to match ninja domain. Wink Stay tuned! Come back and try us again if you were unhappy before, let us know what you think, we're constantly trying to improve for our miners. Thank you!

*sigh* just changed back to give it another try, and the response time of the server is very bad, including timeouts etc...
I really like the frontend, but can you maybe get someone who is able to setup a stable unix server? there are under 50 miners on the server and it looks like the backend is already burning.

I begin to hate that 4 confirmation thing when switching pools...
Activity: 249
Merit: 250
Say I wanted to give mining Burst a try, would I need to use an internal HDD, or would an external USB-harddrive of 1 or 2 TB also do?
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Maybe plots could at least store the Blockchain in a future version ?
Activity: 302
I like BURST but isn't it a waste of hard drive space? Maybe need to find some real world use for this space.. storing people files?

In the first months I thought it would be a perfect idea, but now my opinion has changed.

Burst is securing public transactions for money transfer, Crowdfunding, Lotteries, Assets, Marketplace, Stores and Messages. Accomplished with HDDs, which is very energy efficient and therefore much cheaper and affordable EcoSystem to maintain than for example Bitcoin. There is no specialized hardware for Burst - which makes the network very democratic and good distributed.

There are enough Dropboxes and Clouds out there and with BTsync theres even a decentralized free alternative for sharing files.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
I like BURST but isn't it a waste of hard drive space? Maybe need to find some real world use for this space.. storing people files?

speace data are space data...
if use for store nonces and hashes, you cannot use it
for other things!!!

Activity: 129

Isn't this statement the same as saying " I like bitcoin but all those hash calculations are a waste of computing power, shouldn't these calculations be useful, like finding a cure for cancer"

I am no dev or expert in the Burstcoin world, but I don't ever see this coin being used as mass storage.  Hard drive space is being used to secure the block chain, by storing pre-calculated hash info just like ASICs are used to secure the block chain for POW algorithms by continually calculating hash info.

Specialization, instead of Jack of all is key here.  Let some other algo (storj) deal with decentralized storage, let Burst deal with securing public transactions using a clean & efficient algo.  Maybe when Burst is mature algos like Storj can ride on top of the Burst block-chain instead of the Bitcoin block-chain.

Just my 2 BURST.

Activity: 466
Twitter Follow for no BS crypto: @SecretsOfCrypto
Activity: 588
Tried to resync three times, always get stuck at this point:

latest 1.2.1 wallet. Sad

Latest is 1.2.2

That is not  an error, it's fine Grin
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042
https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

"TargetDeadline": 1000000,??

why so high???

how do you choose this value?

it's my stat for ~30000 blocks, 13.7 Tb.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ksequfkefp28obq/stat-log.csv?dl=0    (id, block, baseTarget, deadline)

the expected average deadline ~= 2^42 / baseTarget / YOUR_SIZE_Tb
or the expected average deadline ~= 2^64 / baseTarget / ALL_Nonces
for 12 Tb, average deadline~= 200000, so TargetDeadline = average deadline * bad_luck = 200000*5 = 1000000   Smiley

this is  great tutorial Blago!!!

thankyou a lot!!!

now i understand better the values
Activity: 619

Now at 36% funded. I still need your help!

If you want how to install the crowdfund extension, loot at burstcoin.info Guides.
thx

Update and News:
Burstcoin.de is now conneted and online. Everything ist translated. also I did some enhancements in the menu.

Everything is full working. Help me to keep up the page and enhance the information for the german community.

270k to go in the CF. Please do some donations!!!! This is very much work and this will bring us and the price up. So please help to make this a success!

How to donate? please look into my footer.
You can also support me by sending direct to my Burst Account: BURST-AJ63-3W8L-FGBT-2ALZE

Thanks!!!!
Activity: 532
bearded, drunk, fat, naked
...yeah that worked. thanks. hodor. Cheesy
Activity: 619
latest wallet ist 1.2.2.
Activity: 207

latest 1.2.1 wallet. Sad

The latest wallet is 1.2.2 !  Try it.  Smiley
Activity: 532
bearded, drunk, fat, naked

latest 1.2.1 wallet. Sad
Activity: 46
Nobody wants to drive a Ferrari

I founded a new crowdfunding project thinking in the future, just for our future fun.

It´s the Ferrari Sharing project; when BURST reached 1$ value, a Ferrari will be buy and shared for everyone who pledge for this crowdfunded project.

As soon as one of our genious developers launch the ATPoll, we will use it for decide the model and the colour of the Ferrari.

https://i.imgur.com/o7MV5v2.jpg

Hope to see you driving a Ferrari.

EDIT : I add an anouncement in https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/a-crowdfunding-for-share-a-ferrari-970650 for this crowdfund project, trying to advertise BURST AT capabilities.
Problem is the I have only 6 ~ hrs to set up Sad

Do you mean that your plotted files will be deleted after 6 hours?

Yes, they will shutdown, and all files will be deleted forever. I need to create my own image in 6hrs.

Lets break this down.

You have access to 1000+ Amazon C3 instances, each one having these specs
32vCPU   60GB RAM   2 x 320 GB SSD

But you only have this massive farm 6hrs each day.

That's roughly 640TB worth of mining power coming on for 6hrs each day.

Your efforts are nothing but bad for the Burst Network.  You want to move 640TB worth of data within 6rs.... 640TB in  6hrs  Cheesy.  1000+ instances each one have 2x 320GB SSD drives.  That's 640TB  you need to store the plots some place and then upload them to your instances each day.

I'm pretty sure this is not possible, and how does someone get access to that type of computing power for 6hrs each day.  You could make this work on a smaller scale, but I have no desire to see large scale miners only pop on for 6hrs each day.  Good-luck

if the machines have ssd storage simply add a startup script with a random 64 bit nonce number to start the plots for the machine with.
with only 1000+ instances overlaps should be no real issue.
plot on each startup 40 16 gb files as background job and connect all to a own wallet server or to multiple wallets.
using a pool is almost impossible due to the load you generate. so i would go with 100 nodes onto one dedicated wallet at the beginning.
increasing or decreasing this number can be done load dependant. the tricky part is to configure which machine contacts which wallet.
you may run any scm to distribute the machines config files.
each time a machine boots it loads its mining config from the headrevision and starts to plot and to mine.

but this requires a bit of development and testing.
also have in mind that the wallet servers should stay always on to be always in sync.

plotting should run with at least about 20-30k nonces/minute. this means your drives are filled up after roughly two hours.
put the plotting process into nice in a own screen.
after the plotting is done you may mine any cpu coin on the almost idling cpu cores ;-)

tell me how it works. its really an interesting approach  Cool

You can use a pool if you set a correct deadline for the nonces you send (in my example, that you mine as a 2.5Tb power during 6h, you can set deadlne to 5000) and that is no a great load for almost any pool. That make your deloy easy.
yes its true the HDD space its like the TERAS of  bytes to TERAS of HASHES fro sha256 unfortunatly a terabyte of plots not as good as a teraby of sha256 but its getting close a TB of byte gives like 300 Burst per day and thats like 40.000 satoshis a TERABYTE of hash for bit coin gives like 1.000.000 satoshis so its just 25x better a tHs.

.... but a Thash of bitcoin consumes 600W (at best) and a Tb of BURST consumes 6W (at worst).

Activity: 252
yes its true the HDD space its like the TERAS of  bytes to TERAS of HASHES fro sha256 unfortunatly a terabyte of plots not as good as a teraby of sha256 but its getting close a TB of byte gives like 300 Burst per day and thats like 40.000 satoshis a TERABYTE of hash for bit coin gives like 1.000.000 satoshis so its just 25x better a tHs.
Activity: 416

"TargetDeadline": 1000000,??

why so high???

how do you choose this value?

it's my stat for ~30000 blocks, 13.7 Tb.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ksequfkefp28obq/stat-log.csv?dl=0    (id, block, baseTarget, deadline)

the expected average deadline ~= 2^42 / baseTarget / YOUR_SIZE_Tb
or the expected average deadline ~= 2^64 / baseTarget / ALL_Nonces
for 12 Tb, average deadline~= 200000, so TargetDeadline = average deadline * bad_luck = 200000*5 = 1000000   Smiley

Jump to: