Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 387. (Read 2170648 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
is anybody else having a lot of trouble downloading the blockchain? I have been downloading for over 3 hours and thats after downloading the most up to date db file.
Activity: 785
Merit: 500
BURST got Smart Contracts (AT)
riskyfire:

I would recommend that you use screen on Linux, ... that keeps the window running, while you may have lost the connection. Maybe you want to logout of your monitor, then screen will keep it running!

I use therefore following screens (if not with screen, than use tabs):

1. screen/tab  BurstWallet
cd ~/burst/burst_1.2.2
nohup java -cp burst.jar:lib/*:conf nxt.Nxt &

2. screen/tab  plotter
Usage:
/media/ronald/Seagate-1-4T/burstminer/dcct_miner/plot -k KEY [-d DIRECTORY] [-s STARTNONCE] [-n NONCES] [-m STAGGERSIZE] [-t THREADS]

Example calculation:
4 TB, available: 3906798052
3906798052 / 256 nounces = 15260929.890625
Only possible number must be devideable by 40,000 (=my staggering size): 381.5
=> 40,000 x 381 = 15240000

BurstMiner:
cd ~/media/ronald/Seagate-1-4T/
nohup ~/media/ronald/Seagate-1-4T/burstminer/dcct_miner/plot -k 17762102779501773438 -s 0 -n 15240000 -m 40000 -t 4

Link that file:
ln -s /media/ronald/Seagate-1-4T/plots/*  /home/ronald/burst/plots/

3. screen/tab mining
rm ~/mine-log
mv ~/mine-log-date ~/mine-log-date-2015-01-19==14-00   (my last log file)
cd ~/burst/burst-miner-r4
./burstminer >> ~/mine-log

4. screen/tab logconverter  (because the original logfile has no timestamp !!!)
tail -f ~/mine-log | while read line; do echo `date` "$line" ; done >> ~/mine-log-date

5. screen/tab burstmenu
Here I created my own tasks, df, top, ....

the burst-miner-r4 needs a config file

cat mining.conf
 {
    "poolUrl" : "mininghere.com:8124",
    "submissionMaxDelay" : 15,
    "submissionMaxRetry" : 3,
    "socketTimeout" : 60,
   "maxBufferSizeMB" : 768,
    "plots" :
    [
       "/home/ronald/burst/plots"
   ]
 }

from each harddisk's plotfile I make   ln -s  to /home/ronald/burst/plots
that has the advantage, if I take out/add a new hard disk, I do not need to do anything.

(and you may consider to use my pool ;-)  )
Activity: 539
I've got the same issue with numeric ip 192.198.95.54:8124

Should I be using dev 1 miner?

No idea - I use Blago's miner on windows.
Activity: 275
Merit: 250
I've got the same issue with numeric ip 192.198.95.54:8124

Should I be using dev 1 miner?
Just an FYI,
The stagger as related to RAM is a Windows issue.  Linux does not have these problems.  But  ibeleive Blago's latest update handles the Windows file caching issues, which is related to stagger size.

Increasing stagger size puts your drive closer or into its sequential read performance band.  The lower the stagger the more you will be operating within the random read rate of the drive.

Under Linux and DCCT's base code, stagger has no effect on system RAM usage.  I have ~20 Plot files, ranging in size from 500GB to 1TB all optimized (large stagger)and they happily mine away for 7 days straight without used system RAM going over 1GB.  I'm sure it will run longer than 7 days, but I like to fiddle to much, and I'm sure the miner uses less than 1GB but that's the number I remember seeing this after-noon.  My mining box also runs a PLEX media server so RAM is being used by that also.

TLDR:

Large Stagger will affect Windows 7 mining performance, Blago's newest miner addresses this issue.  Windows 8/8.1 also reduces this issue.

Stagger size under Linux is a variable that increases or decreases read rate, no effect on system RAM usage (DCCT / Urray Code).

Good-Luck

Hi,

I've just installed Ubuntu but I'm not familiar with linux os and the file system.
I think second from bottom line is correct usage ? not sure what I'm missing.

Do "chmod +x mine_dev_v2.sh" (only need to do this once), then "./mine_dev_v2.sh  "

H.

Thanks, I got through the permissions problem.

But I think I need the numeric ip of burst.ninja or the format to enter it as an url in mine_dev_v2.sh ?

I've not used the linux miner, so won't be a lot of help but can you ping burst.ninja ? You can also try via IP - burst.ninfa is at 192.198.95.54

H.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
What's new, guys?

From technical analyse will we break 500 satoshis soon? Any predictions?
Just an FYI,
The stagger as related to RAM is a Windows issue.  Linux does not have these problems.  But  ibeleive Blago's latest update handles the Windows file caching issues, which is related to stagger size.

Increasing stagger size puts your drive closer or into its sequential read performance band.  The lower the stagger the more you will be operating within the random read rate of the drive.

Under Linux and DCCT's base code, stagger has no effect on system RAM usage.  I have ~20 Plot files, ranging in size from 500GB to 1TB all optimized (large stagger)and they happily mine away for 7 days straight without used system RAM going over 1GB.  I'm sure it will run longer than 7 days, but I like to fiddle to much, and I'm sure the miner uses less than 1GB but that's the number I remember seeing this after-noon.  My mining box also runs a PLEX media server so RAM is being used by that also.

TLDR:

Large Stagger will affect Windows 7 mining performance, Blago's newest miner addresses this issue.  Windows 8/8.1 also reduces this issue.

Stagger size under Linux is a variable that increases or decreases read rate, no effect on system RAM usage (DCCT / Urray Code).

Good-Luck

Hi,

I've just installed Ubuntu but I'm not familiar with linux os and the file system.

Do "chmod +x mine_dev_v2.sh" (only need to do this once), then "./mine_dev_v2.sh  "

H.

Thanks, I got through the permissions problem.

But I think I need the numeric ip of burst.ninja or the format to enter it as an url in mine_dev_v2.sh ?

Edit: I get the same error with V1 miner too?
the original default ip works but I have no idea which pool this is for.
Just an FYI,

TLDR:

Good-Luck

Hi,

Do "chmod +x mine_dev_v2.sh" (only need to do this once), then "./mine_dev_v2.sh  "

H.
Just an FYI,

Increasing stagger size puts your drive closer or into its sequential read performance band.  The lower the stagger the more you will be operating within the random read rate of the drive.

TLDR:

Good-Luck

Hi,

Activity: 129
Merit: 100
Just an FYI,

Increasing stagger size puts your drive closer or into its sequential read performance band.  The lower the stagger the more you will be operating within the random read rate of the drive.

TLDR:

Good-Luck
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to get my rig running as efficiently as possible.

I've got 22TB running via external usb 2/3 hard drives but I'm
getting poor mining results yielding less then 1-2k Burst per day.

The biggest problem has been finding a miner than runs well with
4Gb ram (tried upto 14gb) with vista 64 / windows 7. I'm using Runaurufu
miner but doesn't seem to work well with burst.ninja. Blago runs good for an hour
but will often crash I think due to ram or OS.

My total drive scan time is 220+ seconds and I think this is the problem?
I'm often the last to submit deadlines and missing out on the faster blocks.

I've been re-plotting my drives these past few days as I found two of my first plotted
drives had lots of small plots and that was slowing down the whole setup.

Any other tips? Do's or Don'ts or anything that might help.
I was considering de-casing the external drives and setting them up as sata.

Change the USB 2.0 HDD to USB 3.0 or SATA conection, and try the latest Blago miner version, it fix the memory leak in W7 i think. Some people reported bad mining results with W7 too, better switch to W8.1 or a GNU/Linux distro like Debian or Ubuntu.

Edit: You can try optimizing the plots too! Smiley
Edit2: The difficulty is very HIGH now, i only mine like 500 Burst yesterday Sad

RAM is important, try to get more and use a staggering size that fits to the amount of RAM you use.

Thank you. I'm trying all the suggestions. My stagger on my recently plotted drives are 16K / 20K, I plotted them on
another system with more ram but even when using the ram out of this pc 12Gb, I'm still having problems.

I thought the stagger only effected the plot file write rate, not the read rate?

Does anyone have a good working setup vista 64 / win 7?
Activity: 785
BURST got Smart Contracts (AT)
Hi Guys,

miner but doesn't seem to work well with burst.ninja. Blago runs good for an hour

I've been re-plotting my drives these past few days as I found two of my first plotted

Change the USB 2.0 HDD to USB 3.0 or SATA conection, and try the latest Blago miner version, it fix the memory leak in W7 i think. Some people reported bad mining results with W7 too, better switch to W8.1 or a GNU/Linux distro like Debian or Ubuntu.

Edit2: The difficulty is very HIGH now, i only mine like 500 Burst yesterday Sad

RAM is important, try to get more and use a staggering size that fits to the amount of RAM you use.
Activity: 207
Hi Guys,

Hi Guys,

Activity: 147
burst.ninja is vastly superior to any and all existing pools (that I have used) on all levels.

Nice new domain.
Much faster/leaner js ui.
Cleaner layout.
Faster communication

Much love to burstcoin, Catbref, Crowetic holding it down and making one of the most innovative cryptos easier to use, mine and adopt by the masses.
I love crowetic too,but about two weeks I get oft-"unable to commit nounce to burst.ninja:8124... bad request>..... Angry
Activity: 588
How is difficulty  calculated?

19215358 / basetarget

Result is netdiff in PB
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
How is difficulty  calculated?
burst.ninja is vastly superior to any and all existing pools (that I have used) on all levels.

Nice new domain.
Cleaner layout.
Faster communication

Much love to burstcoin, Catbref, Crowetic holding it down and making one of the most innovative cryptos easier to use, mine and adopt by the masses.

I like u already Grin Grin Grin

Oh, and good price fella's:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1310560&CatId=4357

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?" on this server.
Reference #18.67062dc1.1424884876.1b1a2473

fixed
Activity: 416

Nice new domain.
Cleaner layout.
Faster communication

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=1310560&sku=TSD-3000AS2&SRCCODE=WEM4446C&utm_source=EML&utm_medium=main&utm_campaign=WEM4446&cm_lm=irontiga@gmail.com&SEG=C&lk=6

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?" on this server.
Reference #18.67062dc1.1424884876.1b1a2473

Nice new domain.
Cleaner layout.
Faster communication

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1310560&CatId=4357
Jump to: