Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 440. (Read 2170648 times)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
hey everyone so im new here, i want to mine burst, first off the mining calculator projects that with a 1tb drive youd gt approx 6,000 burst per day, is that accurate in a pool or just solo mining or both? also i try to run the wallet and it says i dont have java installed when i do i have java 8 installed on a 64 bit windows machine, any ideas? i need a very detailed setup guide, thanks!

Edit the "run.bat" file in the burst_1.2.1 folder an uncomment (with #) in the third line the part  -> start "Burst" .

The run.bat should look like this (i've also changed the path to the java directory %PROGRAMFILES%\Java\jre1.8.0_31):

@ECHO OFF
IF EXIST java (
   #start "BURST"
java -cp burst.jar;lib\*;conf nxt.Nxt
) ELSE (
   IF EXIST "%PROGRAMFILES%\Java\jre1.8.0_31" (
      start "BURST" "%PROGRAMFILES%\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin\java.exe" -cp burst.jar;lib\*;conf nxt.Nxt
   ) ELSE (
      IF EXIST "%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\Java\jre1.8.0_31" (
         start "BURST" "%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin\java.exe" -cp burst.jar;lib\*;conf nxt.Nxt
      ) ELSE (
         ECHO Java software not found on your system. Please go to http://java.com/en/ to download a copy of Java.
         PAUSE
      )
   )
)
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
Going to base it off java 8 considering its the newest about so might as well do for latest version so that everyone has everything upto date and make changes when needed to be inserted for newer and beyond. Am going to be testing Java 8 very shortly as need to update a lot on the guide and once that's done and gathered all notes together it will be done and formatted correctly.
Activity: 527
Merit: 500
hey everyone so im new here, i want to mine burst, first off the mining calculator projects that with a 1tb drive youd gt approx 6,000 burst per day, is that accurate in a pool or just solo mining or both? also i try to run the wallet and it says i dont have java installed when i do i have java 8 installed on a 64 bit windows machine, any ideas? i need a very detailed setup guide, thanks!

Until crazyearner can get his awesome new guide up, here is a little something by crowetic to get you on your way

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ytq47AmQZ1rzjoFuMW33c82JkuJ1L61Pdp95ZLbi3-k/edit?usp=sharing

Also, all the references in the run file are for java 7 so if you don't want to change them yourself to java 8, install java 7.

Instructions for changing the references, also by crowe

Code:
@ECHO OFF
IF EXIST java (
start "BURST" java -cp burst.jar;lib\*;conf nxt.Nxt
) ELSE (
IF EXIST "%PROGRAMFILES%\Java\jre7" (
start "BURST" "%PROGRAMFILES%\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -cp burst.jar;lib\*;conf nxt.Nxt
) ELSE (
IF EXIST "%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\Java\jre7" (
start "BURST" "%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -cp burst.jar;lib\*;conf nxt.Nxt
) ELSE (
ECHO Java software not found on your system. Please go to http://java.com/en/ to download a copy of Java.
PAUSE
)
)
)

new code changes necessary...

Code:
@ECHO OFF
IF EXIST java (
start "BURST" java -cp burst.jar;lib\*;conf nxt.Nxt
) ELSE (
IF EXIST "%PROGRAMFILES%\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin\java.exe" (
start "BURST" "%PROGRAMFILES%\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin\java.exe" -cp burst.jar;lib\*;conf nxt.Nxt
) ELSE (
IF EXIST "%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\Java\jre7" (
start "BURST" "%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -cp burst.jar;lib\*;conf nxt.Nxt
) ELSE (
PAUSE
)
)
)

legendary

Check the calculator again. I'm at 40 to 50 TB (lost count) and i think i'm getting like somewhere between 10K and 20K burst a day on average over a longer period (solo mining). sometimes it is days between i win blocks (which give like 7000 or so each atm.) sometimes i get 4-5-6 blocks in a day.  but over time, and counting in snafu's with the hardware, i would guestimate i average about 10 to 20 thous. burst a day using 40 to 50 TB.  that's way south of 6K for 1TB.

With having so much plotted how do you have this configured are you just using some device to attach them all to like usb hub etc or connected to computer and in rack  layout
Activity: 256
Merit: 250
Is anyone still dumb enough to be wasting their time mining this worthless crap coin?  I haven't been here in a while and I don't miss it one bit. 
compared to how i will hopefully mine soon i dont really mine at the moment Cool
but yes. i mine.

i am in conversation with people having petabyte scale storage resources available.
currently we discuss business plans and expansion options when it runs full within a few month.
also we think about a way to offer cloudmining but for now it looks better for us to not distribute mined coins.
we will see what will happen.
Activity: 286

Check the calculator again. I'm at 40 to 50 TB (lost count) and i think i'm getting like somewhere between 10K and 20K burst a day on average over a longer period (solo mining). sometimes it is days between i win blocks (which give like 7000 or so each atm.) sometimes i get 4-5-6 blocks in a day.  but over time, and counting in snafu's with the hardware, i would guestimate i average about 10 to 20 thous. burst a day using 40 to 50 TB.  that's way south of 6K for 1TB.

legendary
FAO of everyone. I will have a new guide up shortly for this coin covering all areas from setting up wallet to mining to generating plots with gpu and cpu software. This should be fingers crossed completed end of weekend if I have the time to finish off and touch up. This will be in multipul formats from PDF to Windows document to plain text format and also online documents that will be available to download and will be updated online to so that you can keep up to speed of new releases and will keep them up to date for everyone.
Activity: 471
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
Hey PR TEAM!! U guys should try to get burst listed on shapeshift.io!
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042
https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964
who can implement a dice game with automatic transaction???

i'm dreaming a primedice site who accept birstCoin!!!

who is capable to implement this game?Huh
Activity: 644
Is anyone still dumb enough to be wasting their time mining this worthless crap coin?  I haven't been here in a while and I don't miss it one bit. 
i would of expected alot better from a hero member. Undecided
legendary

Well if you got nothing good to say about burst or your not interested in it then move on and go to some other worthless junk coin. Theirs many to chose from. Burst is different and am confident that this will prove successful in the coming months as more get to use it and start using it for business as myself will be using it on my website as payment and to buy products..
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
I can assure your dumb ass that no one even though of you for a split second the whole time you were gone. stay gone.

Please stay civil and do not respond to trolling attempts. There is no point in doing so. Keep focus on this topic. If he thinks that mining is stupid let him be. It does not change anything.
Activity: 248
Merit: 100
I'm not real
Is anyone still dumb enough to be wasting their time mining this worthless crap coin?  I haven't been here in a while and I don't miss it one bit.  
I can assure your rapacious dumb ass that no one even though of you for a split second the whole time you were gone. stay gone.
recently, I see many transactions from fanepatent's pool to miners, where the amount sent is quite small, like 9 or 20 BURST..  as the fee for transferring is 1 minimum, i would guess this don't make so much sense for the miners, loosing upwards of 10% to fees.

for instance :

03:16:08   9.3225333   1   BURST-8C7R-GLW7-MJ3Q-45ZF9   pool.fanepatents.burstpool.ddns.net

As a solo miner, i find it pretty neat that i get blocks with hundreds of BURST of fees, but perhaps it would be preferable for the pool to set a minimum payout level or something. (i've got no idea how that pool works, so perhaps it is not possible).

Or perhaps we might consider lowering the minimum fee, perhaps in a later version of BURST the minimum fee could be set to 0.1 if the transaction was below 100 burst, otherwise 1.  Or whatever.

Of course if we don't want microtransactions on the blockchain we should keep the fee about where it is.

My mined burstcoins are worth more than 800 euros atm. expensive crap i'd say. Once your mining rigs are up running they don't take much of your time, but the money keep flowing in.. most profitable mining i ever did on any coin whatsoever.

Activity: 416
Is anyone still dumb enough to be wasting their time mining this worthless crap coin?  I haven't been here in a while and I don't miss it one bit.  

Зaeбaл yжe cпaмить  Grin

timk225 = Announced that he is running a business which he plans to use to steal from his customers
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10130462
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Yes, I´m mining this. I have 5 Tera for this.  Wink
Activity: 955
Merit: 1004
Activity: 714

Hi, Blago! Just wondering if your 3TB with 42 sec is optimized or not? Mind to share?

all plots merged, defrag

Thank you very much, Blago~~ This info is very useful for my reference  Cheesy
Jump to: