Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 49. (Read 2170646 times)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Hello!,

I'm unable to download the blockchain.
Is there a working link?

Thanks!
Activity: 14
Hello guys

im newbie here,
could someone good send me 1 or 2 burst coin for start something with this cryptocurrency
i really appreciated if you guys help me,

sorry for my bad english guys

this my burst account id : BURST-DGG4-DNAF-AKR8-DBQ2Y

thx guys

Update:done guys someone give me 5 burst,thanks very much guys
sud
Activity: 826
Merit: 301
I am totally confused, i have plotted a 10tb Hard drive, but when i try to mine the plots, i don`t see any option to mine them, i only see

Start Mining CPU/AVX
Or
Start Mining (OpenCL)

No HD mining ?

Any ideas ?

You just need to decide do you want to mine with cpu or gpu miner.

Start Mining CPU/AVX = cpu miner
Start Mining (OpenCL) = gpu miner

I recommend cpu miner Wink

I just would like to mine with my HARD DRIVE Smiley

Hahaha that's nice Smiley
You mine your HARD DRIVE either with CPU or GPU you know... that is how computers work! Tongue
Activity: 158
Merit: 102
Hi, men! Where I can find the hardware's list recomended to mining via HDD? Am I right understand that I need at least 72.8Tb (10*8TB HDD) and 1.5gb Memory Ramm for each 10TB plotts, and powerfull CPU for generating plotts? I want to make a rig with 10 ext. Seagate Backup Plus Hub 8TB, MB ASRock AB350 PRO4, CPU AMD Ryzen 7 1800X Boxed Sockel AM4, install Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 for quite and good overclocking and RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 16GVRB Kit 3200 CL16. I want to mine burst with HDD and Monero via CPU. Maybe add some GPUs to mine LBRY also, but I didn't find out yet shall it be working that way. I'll would be very gratfull if you help me to find out the best way to realize my plans with optimal costs Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010
one question guys for sure someone have alreasy ask for this but read 2000 messages is boring :S
if i pload one 5tb hdd and i copy and paste the full folder of the plotted hd to a new hd it will works? is not more fast to plot a new one?

No, plots are measured in scoops, and each scoop has a number of nonces. Your entire mining power should be uniquely represented by number of nonces. If you simply copy paste, then your nonces will overlap (completely, as it were), so you would still effectively be mining with only 5tb.

You must plot new space; you can't copy/paste plots.

thank you for answer me i have another question is possible plot one HD and move the HD to another computer and open the wallet with the same passkey it works?

thanks

Well, plotting/mining is completely separate from the wallet (unless you're using the AIO Windows wallet to start your miner I guess). General rules though:
  • when you plot, you're plotting for a specific wallet id. Once plotted, it doesn't matter what computer mines the hdd
  • wallets are completely based on your password. If you have your password, you can open your wallet from any computer, anywhere in the world. All you need is your password.
Activity: 770
Merit: 258
The Standart Protocol - Solving Inflation
I am totally confused, i have plotted a 10tb Hard drive, but when i try to mine the plots, i don`t see any option to mine them, i only see

Start Mining CPU/AVX
Or
Start Mining (OpenCL)

No HD mining ?

Any ideas ?

so you need minimum 5terabyte to cover the cost, i also buying some hdd to mine burst and sia with hdd, i like something new, boring with so many pos or pow or ico thing
legendary

Start Mining CPU/AVX
Or
Start Mining (OpenCL)

No HD mining ?

Any ideas ?

Your hdd needs to be read. The miner reads the hdd, so you need to choose one. It doesn't magically read itself  Wink Cheesy
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Start Mining CPU/AVX
Or
Start Mining (OpenCL)

No HD mining ?

Any ideas ?

Activity: 309
Merit: 250
Too weird to live,too rare to die ;)

Start Mining CPU/AVX
Or
Start Mining (OpenCL)

No HD mining ?

Any ideas ?

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Start Mining CPU/AVX
Or
Start Mining (OpenCL)

No HD mining ?

Any ideas ?
Activity: 1274
Merit: 511
i finished and now i cant withdraw from bittrex apparently because i never received burst on my wallet
and how i can receive burst if i cant send  Huh

anyone could send me 1 burst for unlock my wallet plz i will send back when i can withdraw

BURST-4NQG-W2K6-HQ4K-9JXQX

Activity: 1274
Merit: 511
hi
i have chosen 500go in write plots
now i have the writing scoops processing for more 3h
how many time for entire process?
Activity: 1176
Merit: 14
one question guys for sure someone have alreasy ask for this but read 2000 messages is boring :S
if i pload one 5tb hdd and i copy and paste the full folder of the plotted hd to a new hd it will works? is not more fast to plot a new one?

No, plots are measured in scoops, and each scoop has a number of nonces. Your entire mining power should be uniquely represented by number of nonces. If you simply copy paste, then your nonces will overlap (completely, as it were), so you would still effectively be mining with only 5tb.

thank you for answer me i have another question is possible plot one HD and move the HD to another computer and open the wallet with the same passkey it works?

thanks
legendary

legendary
It is not a fee to mine, you can mine just fine with an empty account.

What you need to have is an account that is "known" on the network and to be known you need to make an outgoing transaction.
To make an outgoing transaction you need at least 2 BURST in your account (maybe one if you just register an alias - can't recall exactly ATM)

This is the legacy of NXT - not something that Burstdev put in intentionally. It is part of the consensus rules that cannot be changed easily and this particular instance of consensus rules should NEVER be changed for security reasons.
If you wish to know more check this link https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/30494/how-is-a-nxt-account-address-generated-why-do-we-need-to-send-out-a-transaction

I agree that it is a hassle but to change it would require a total rewrite of BURST.

Exactly correct. And yes, registering an alias works well and only costs a 1 burst fee.
100TB Purchased let's start this! Smiley
Activity: 14
First day with Burst wallet!

I have 86 percent of the Blockchain downloaded, and I intend to mine.  This to me, seems fantastic!  Wish me luck!  I will be reading over this forum so that I do not ask too many nub questions!  Is there an auto inviter for the slack channel?  I have many questions regarding the changing of ID's.

Ace.
BURST-EDLT-Y8E9-PYMN-FVPDZ
Activity: 527
Merit: 500
It is not a fee to mine, you can mine just fine with an empty account.

What you need to have is an account that is "known" on the network and to be known you need to make an outgoing transaction.
To make an outgoing transaction you need at least 2 BURST in your account (maybe one if you just register an alias - can't recall exactly ATM)

This is the legacy of NXT - not something that Burstdev put in intentionally. It is part of the consensus rules that cannot be changed easily and this particular instance of consensus rules should NEVER be changed for security reasons.
If you wish to know more check this link https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/30494/how-is-a-nxt-account-address-generated-why-do-we-need-to-send-out-a-transaction

I agree that it is a hassle but to change it would require a total rewrite of BURST.
Activity: 724
Merit: 504
Yes we really have enough people and transactions going on its about time we get rid of this 1 coin fee to mine.  Devs Charge 1 fee to leave if you need the poc
Pages:
Jump to: