Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]BYTOM: An interoperational protocol for diversified byte assets - page 33. (Read 77020 times)

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
Binance would be lucky to have btm again. its just solid steady growth and progress,Seeing a good pace for Bytom's increase...it's currently +22.51% on increase in kucoin...I bought some before the increase and read the WP...I like the roadmap of the project also...so I'll be following this project for sure....Keep it up Bytom Dev Team!

You seem to be missing the part of ONLY Bitmain and Bitmain miners can mine it, meaning it's been premined to hell by bitmain before they sold the B3 Ants to people.
Unless they release a common CPU/GPU miner (that actually works) this is be a short lived flop that will only make money for Bitmain.

I am following this legit project since last year and bought in at 20 cent. You should do some research what they are doing. This coin is designed for AI chips and needs ASIC.
Bytom mainnet will be based on ASICs, but not the way bitcoin did. And there will never be a GPU miner. They will use the ASIC chips in a smart way, not in a energy wasting style like bitcoin.

Bitmain was just the one and only company meeting the needs of bytom. You will see this coin in coinmarketcap 1-10 this year.

Yeah... by Bitmain. They pre-mined the piss out of this over the past 2 months. LOL. Good luck.
Activity: 141
Merit: 10
Binance would be lucky to have btm again. its just solid steady growth and progress,Seeing a good pace for Bytom's increase...it's currently +22.51% on increase in kucoin...I bought some before the increase and read the WP...I like the roadmap of the project also...so I'll be following this project for sure....Keep it up Bytom Dev Team!

You seem to be missing the part of ONLY Bitmain and Bitmain miners can mine it, meaning it's been premined to hell by bitmain before they sold the B3 Ants to people.
Unless they release a common CPU/GPU miner (that actually works) this is be a short lived flop that will only make money for Bitmain.

I am following this legit project since last year and bought in at 20 cent. You should do some research what they are doing. This coin is designed for AI chips and needs ASIC.
Bytom mainnet will be based on ASICs, but not the way bitcoin did. And there will never be a GPU miner. They will use the ASIC chips in a smart way, not in a energy wasting style like bitcoin.

Bitmain was just the one and only company meeting the needs of bytom. You will see this coin in coinmarketcap 1-10 this year.
legendary
Go Big or Go Home.....

Activity: 434
Merit: 102
legendary
Go Big or Go Home.....
After speaking with a member of the team (Martin), I have very high hopes for Bytom.

It appears that the team it building this to be a decentralized neural network to perform complex AI calculations. Applications will be able to run on the network, could this project be similar to Ethereum but for AI? Hopefully the valuation shoots up like it!  Cheesy

The B3 supports hashing for tensority algorithm as well as perform Tensor calculations, meaning that it's pretty much confirmed to use Bitmain's BM1680/BM1682 AI chip.

Additionally, speculation can be put to rest over how many B3s are being released. It is confirmed that there will be 5,000 B3s shipped out across the world (2,500 for China, 2,500 for elsewhere) for first batch. There are talks of a second batch in May. Given that there were around 2,000 B3s online during the first few days and that we're on block 5,424 now, we might be able to roughly assume that block rewards will be around 0.2712 blocks per B3 per day, or 112 BTM per B3 for the first few weeks. Should break-even for early investors by start of month 2 at $1. All speculation of course.

So basically a crypto controlled by Bitmain. Riiiiight.
Activity: 224
Merit: 7
#Bytom Weekly Techonogy Report April.30th👉🏻 https://medium.com/@Bytom_Official/dev-bytom-weekly-technology-report-april-30-b7e9fe2ef712 … … #Alert please be careful for any Bytom Give Away scam. Bytom never gave or will give away free #Eth!
Activity: 42
Merit: 4
After speaking with a member of the team (Martin), I have very high hopes for Bytom.

It appears that the team it building this to be a decentralized neural network to perform complex AI calculations. Applications will be able to run on the network, could this project be similar to Ethereum but for AI? Hopefully the valuation shoots up like it!  Cheesy

The B3 supports hashing for tensority algorithm as well as perform Tensor calculations, meaning that it's pretty much confirmed to use Bitmain's BM1680/BM1682 AI chip.

Additionally, speculation can be put to rest over how many B3s are being released. It is confirmed that there will be 5,000 B3s shipped out across the world (2,500 for China, 2,500 for elsewhere) for first batch. There are talks of a second batch in May. Given that there were around 2,000 B3s online during the first few days and that we're on block 5,424 now, we might be able to roughly assume that block rewards will be around 0.2712 blocks per B3 per day, or 112 BTM per B3 for the first few weeks. Should break-even for early investors by start of month 2 at $1. All speculation of course.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Does anybody know what kind of chips bitmain is using in the B3 asic miner ?

One B3 ASIC unit has 12 chips, I would like to know if they are using the brand new BM1682 announced for Q2 2018 or just recycling the previous BM1680 chipset from 2017.

This is pure speculation, but...

• Algorithm for Bytom is "Tensority", Bitmain calls Sophon a tensor processor.
  • Bytom thread started 06/20/2018, Bitmain received the first batch of Sophon BM1680 processors in "late June" 2017
  • Bytom is "AI ASIC friendly", Bitmain's Sophon processor is designed for AI
  • B3 draws 360w, BM1680 pulls 25w per chip (12 chips = 300w)

We'll see, but it seems like we're forming an AI computing network with the B3s.

I am assuming the same after reading this from last month..

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bytom-the-rise-of-china-with-ambition-on-blockchain--ai-300621638.html
I got my wallet connected and synced finally with help from some at Discord..

thanks
legendary
Go Big or Go Home.....
My wallet connects and sync fine, but the mining does not seem to show anything.

Is there any way to check how the mining is progressing or even working? I am testing it on a 24x core Xeon server but CPU usage only hits 20% average.

Just a couple of pages back... https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.35523748

Ahh, so what's the point of the mining button in the wallet then?

Guess this coin was just developed to make more $$ for Bitmain. Man, that company should just burn. They are ruining crypto directly.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
My wallet connects and sync fine, but the mining does not seem to show anything.

Is there any way to check how the mining is progressing or even working? I am testing it on a 24x core Xeon server but CPU usage only hits 20% average.

Just a couple of pages back... https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.35523748
legendary
Go Big or Go Home.....

Activity: 68
Merit: 6

One B3 ASIC unit has 12 chips, I would like to know if they are using the brand new BM1682 announced for Q2 2018 or just recycling the previous BM1680 chipset from 2017.

• Bytom thread started 06/20/2018, Bitmain received the first batch of Sophon BM1680 processors in "late June" 2017

We'll see, but it seems like we're forming an AI computing network with the B3s.

This has been my assumption as well after doing some research into Bitmain's Sophon lineup. Good catch and summary!
I am still unable to get the wallet to connect to any peers.   Is there a config file that needs edited in order for Bytom to connect to the network?

Code:
Wallet status:
Listening: true
 Syncing: false
 Mining: false
 Peer Count: 0
 Current Block: 0
 Highest Block: 0
 Network Id: solonet
[/quote]

You are not connected to mainnet. The Win client will ask you which network to use the first time you run it, choose mainnet then. Delete the bytom folder under c:/user/username/appdata/roaming
if you want to start over. 
Activity: 336
The BYTOM project has gone against the trend, and now its reputation is a bit good. The team has seized the opportunity to take off.
Activity: 736
Merit: 262
Me, Myself & I
I am still unable to get the wallet to connect to any peers.   Is there a config file that needs edited in order for Bytom to connect to the network?

Don't get me wrong, but my advice is not to spend time at unfair launches. Even if You connect to network, ASIC instamining is in full power, so BTM right now is waste of time.

Code:
Wallet status:
Listening: true
 Syncing: false
 Mining: false
 Peer Count: 0
 Current Block: 0
 Highest Block: 0
 Network Id: solonet

Is Network Id: solonet correct?

In the daemon I get:
Code:
time="2018-04-29T02:07:28-04:00" level=info msg="bk peer num:0 sw peer num:0 []"
time="2018-04-29T02:07:38-04:00" level=info msg="bk peer num:0 sw peer num:0 []"
time="2018-04-29T02:07:48-04:00" level=info msg="bk peer num:0 sw peer num:0 []"
time="2018-04-29T02:07:58-04:00" level=info msg="bk peer num:0 sw peer num:0 []"

Any ideas?  I've had the daemon running for a cpl of days now and nada...

Activity: 42
Merit: 4

Activity: 224
Merit: 7
Pages:
Jump to: