Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]ChainTrade - First Blockchain-based platform to trade Food, Metals & Energy - page 2. (Read 6642 times)

Activity: 99
Merit: 10
Is food and raw material trading always a good thing or does it also have downsides? I remember all the speculation about food at stock markets being a bad thing from time to time. For example when prices get shorted by investors and the prices therefore fall and then vast branches of agriculture suffered from that a lot. Does your project go into that direction?

Very good point. Our project precisely aims at bringing more transparency in the trade and at limiting financial speculation around food trading.

Ok I thought the exact opposite by providing crypto based anonymous possibility to speculate even more than before. So you goal is to bring more transparency to the market? Or is that just a side-goal?

That's not a side goal, it is indeed one of the main goals of the platform

Yes but how are you limiting financial speculation if you make the market even more accessible for speculators through the application of blockchain? Or is my reasoning wrong?

We are not limiting financial speculation. However we are making the trade accessible to anyone, so even small buyers will be able to buy agricultural products, metals, oil & gas -- it will not be reserved to major financial institutions anymore
Activity: 231
Merit: 150
Is food and raw material trading always a good thing or does it also have downsides? I remember all the speculation about food at stock markets being a bad thing from time to time. For example when prices get shorted by investors and the prices therefore fall and then vast branches of agriculture suffered from that a lot. Does your project go into that direction?

Very good point. Our project precisely aims at bringing more transparency in the trade and at limiting financial speculation around food trading.

Ok I thought the exact opposite by providing crypto based anonymous possibility to speculate even more than before. So you goal is to bring more transparency to the market? Or is that just a side-goal?

Yes but how are you limiting financial speculation if you make the market even more accessible for speculators through the application of blockchain? Or is my reasoning wrong?

really , ChainTrade  looks promising for me , any bounty campaign  of this project?

Yes there was a bounty but it's finished already
Activity: 490
Merit: 100

really , ChainTrade  looks promising for me , any bounty campaign  of this project?

Activity: 29
Merit: 2
Vincent is a savvy dresser god damn does he always look good

Activity: 588
Merit: 103
Matti Heubner:
Today we are representing ChainTrade at the Investor Summit organized by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
This is a great opportunity to deepen our relationship with institutional investors and to show them how ChainTrade can revolutionize commodity trading.

Watch Vincent Jacques pitching ChainTrade during the world Blockchain summit in Dubai !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0RT8NrvJp0
Activity: 353
Merit: 100
looks promising I'll keep my eyes on it good luck
I join you, good luck to your project. The idea is excellent.

Thanks JekaCheh  Smiley
We just got another advisor! 📈

David Drake, Chairman at LDJ Capital has joined our advisory board. This is the second high-profile advisor to join ChainTrade within a couple days. Former CEO and co-founder of Nasdaq Europe, Jacques Putzeys, was added to the board earlier this week.
https://chaintrade.net/#team

Former CEO and co-founder of Nasdaq Europe, Jacques Putzeys, has joined ChainTrade as a new advisor

Interesting structure for the token sale

Is there any minimum requirement for the amount sold at each stage (bucket), or do the tokens remain on sale until they are sold out or do they get burned if unsold?

There is no minimum requirement, and the unsold tokens will be burnt on December 17th.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 502
Interesting structure for the token sale

Is there any minimum requirement for the amount sold at each stage (bucket), or do the tokens remain on sale until they are sold out or do they get burned if unsold?
you do not negotiate with farmers?

No we do not negotiate with the farmers.

ChainTrade is a platform to trade futures and options contracts for sellers and buyers of commodities (food and raw materials). ChainTrade is not involved with the delivery of the goods -- the terms for the deal are embedded in the smart contract, and are to be agreed between the buyer and the seller.
you will deal with delivery?
I understand that the company will only deal with logistics and contracts

ChainTrade is a platform to trade futures and options contracts for sellers and buyers of commodities (food and raw materials). ChainTrade is not involved with the delivery of the goods -- the terms for the deal are embedded in the smart contract, and are to be agreed between the buyer and the seller.
Pages:
Jump to: