Author

Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin" - page 488. (Read 1150758 times)

Activity: 432
Merit: 250
Activity: 542
Anyone else end up clamless? Only had my DOGE wallet to use, ive mined, held at least a couple million DOGE since it was released and I didn't get any clams Sad  Cool coin none the less!

Tried again from scratch and with an older wallet.dat. I used the "--salvagewallet" command on first start and the clam nazi said "No Clams For You!!!" It was worth a shot, thanks for your help everyone!
Activity: 784
Merit: 1002
CLAM Developer
Hi all,
So i ahev done all of the bits for adding a multi bit wallet.
It was accepted on my console but no sign of any coins..
How long will this take and How do know if it has worked??
Kind regards.

The distribution was based on an analysis of the BTC/LTC/DOGE block chain around mid May: so if you had a balance in the wallet at that time you were involved in the distribution.

The distribution was completed via sendMany before block #10,000: So, sync the CLAMS chain to block 10,000 and you should see your CLAMS if they exist.

Hope that was helpful Smiley

Well well well, this coin seems interesting. I wouldn't have known about it was it not for poloniex, so props given to them. Maybe i missed the announcement on cryptocointalk for clams?
Lately the amount of ipo coins and coins with premine out there has been rather flooring. I cannot believe people buy into all this bullshit so often. I like the distribution method here. Unique is certainly a term for it. I am not trusting, so it will take a little bit for me to transfer my btc from one wallet to another and so forth but the method of receiving your clam coins seems rather straight forward if you have been messing with cryptos for a while.
I like how Superclam has been on top of this thread for a while. I think the biggest factor to a coins success is the team behind it. So far i have liked what i read, time to gamble with my hash and throw it at the pool for clams.

We don't blame anyone for being skeptical Grin

Another option, if it makes you feel more comfortable, is that encrypted BTC/LTC/DOGE wallet.dat can be imported and the CLAMS chain can be sync'd.  
This will show you if you received any CLAMS; of coarse, you would still need to un-encrypt your wallet to actually send CLAMS.

Concerning the pool @ khashier.com:  I am certain everyone appreciates you hash!  
The multi-pool has the potential to become a great asset and resource for everyone and the entire CLAMS network if folks believe and get involved with their miners.

Please be aware that we won't be running the payout scripts until later today when we are all around and can monitor the logs.
No worries, the BTC (and purchased CLAMS) are safe and sound!

Hi,
The Mac Wallet is not officially available ?
If not, i built a mac wallet from my own use, available here : https://mega.co.nz/#!gBBFnTiI!-lZkvsnHfme_4EHI4hv8WXcYRwSORHhLEjbrUgUpGQM

We appreciate very much your contribution, HOWEVER:

Everyone should please be aware that we did NOT review or sign this executable!
Anyone who chooses to use this OSX wallet should do so at their OWN RISK.

We will be releasing the official OSX build with our next update (which is in the pipeline and set to release quite soon).

So please:

Proceed at your own caution and risk with this OSX build.  
It was contributed by a community member and has not been verified by the CLAMS Dev Team.

Sorry, don't mean to dilute your help and work, but with the CLAMClient security must be priority #1.
Hope you understand Grin Grin

hello! just want to thanks you for the help...I claimed my Clam already....
tnx

Grin  Super! Smiley

Im looking forward to mine it...My very first coin to mine...Smiley
how can I mine it?

Your hash would be very much appreciated at the Multi-Pool Grin Grin

Please be aware that the Multi-Pool uses Pearl Payouts!
This payout system is slightly different that what you are likely used to at the majority of Mining Pools.
You can read more about Pearl Payouts in the OP Post here, or on the pool website itself.

Anyone else end up clamless? Only had my DOGE wallet to use, ive mined, held at least a couple million DOGE since it was released and I didn't get any clams Sad  Cool coin none the less!

Drats! That stinks Sad
If you have any older wallet.dat files around it might be worth it to go Clamming with them.  The distribution was done in May, no the wallet had to have balance then (the balance right now is unimportant).

DOGE millionaires shall remain clamless  Cheesy
"if every single Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Dogecoin user became a CLAM user Total Supply would be < 14.9 Million"'
I would be shocked if the redemption rate is anywhere near 10%, probably way less...
So Total Supply should likely be << 1 million clams.

This is true!  Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to estimate exactly what the total distribution will be Tongue
All that can be certain is that:

Users Aware of Clams (Claimed CLAMS) +=  CLAMS

Hopefully, that will make Supply ~== Demand to some extent!

Cheers Everyone!  Back in a handful of hours Grin
legendary
Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000
Anyone else end up clamless? Only had my DOGE wallet to use, ive mined, held at least a couple million DOGE since it was released and I didn't get any clams Sad  Cool coin none the less!

DOGE millionaires shall remain clamless  Cheesy

"if every single Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Dogecoin user became a CLAM user Total Supply would be < 14.9 Million"'

I would be shocked if the redemption rate is anywhere near 10%, probably way less...
So Total Supply should likely be << 1 million clams.
Activity: 283
You did something wrong.
I had my DOGE wallet in heavy use since December, and I got 7 times the standard dose of CLAMS (about 32).
Did you start the wallet with the "clam-qt --salvagewallet" command?
Activity: 542
Activity: 767
Merit: 500
We added a super temporary Worker Stats page at khashier.com

Worker Stats

We intend to improve the stats at the pool very soon, but for now we hope that helps a bit Smiley

The path to the first payout is well underway, but sadly will likely not come until tomorrow evening.
Everything is in line with the listing at Poloniex to get it done, but we would like to not push the CLAM market.

We would also like to supervise the scripts on the first run through, and alas we have been hammering away all evening and it is getting later by the minute.

Long live the CLAM Shell Smiley

how can I mine it?

Very easily. Go to http://khashier.com or even better i will just copy the info from there to here:

"

Quick connection details
 To connect to the Scrypt multipool use
stratum+tcp://khashier.com:6666 -u CLAMADDRESS -p PASSWORD

To connect to the Scrypt-N multipool use
stratum+tcp://khashier.com:3333 -u CLAMADDRESS -p PASSWORD

Replace CLAMADDRESS with your CLAM wallet address. Invalid addresses will not be eligible to receive payouts. Also use a secure password, as this will how you access individual mining statistics in the near future.

"

BAM!

How are you mining? With graphics cards? With cloud hashing? That determines how you go about setting things up.

You can then go here: http://khashier.com/workers and scroll down to find your address and the shares associated with it!

Worker Stats

We intend to improve the stats at the pool very soon, but for now we hope that helps a bit Smiley

The path to the first payout is well underway, but sadly will likely not come until tomorrow evening.
Everything is in line with the listing at Poloniex to get it done, but we would like to not push the CLAM market.

We would also like to supervise the scripts on the first run through, and alas we have been hammering away all evening and it is getting later by the minute.

how can I mine it?

Worker Stats

hello! just want to thanks you for the help...I claimed my Clam already....
tnx
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
Hi,

The Mac Wallet is not officially available ?

If not, i built a mac wallet from my own use, available here : https://mega.co.nz/#!gBBFnTiI!-lZkvsnHfme_4EHI4hv8WXcYRwSORHhLEjbrUgUpGQM

https://i.imgur.com/fg95geP.png
Activity: 767
Well well well, this coin seems interesting. I wouldn't have known about it was it not for poloniex, so props given to them. Maybe i missed the announcement on cryptocointalk for clams?

Lately the amount of ipo coins and coins with premine out there has been rather flooring. I cannot believe people buy into all this bullshit so often. I like the distribution method here. Unique is certainly a term for it. I am not trusting, so it will take a little bit for me to transfer my btc from one wallet to another and so forth but the method of receiving your clam coins seems rather straight forward if you have been messing with cryptos for a while.

I like how Superclam has been on top of this thread for a while. I think the biggest factor to a coins success is the team behind it. So far i have liked what i read, time to gamble with my hash and throw it at the pool for clams.
Activity: 995
Hi all,

So i ahev done all of the bits for adding a multi bit wallet.

It was accepted on my console but no sign of any coins..

How long will this take and How do know if it has worked??

Kind regards.
CLAM Developer

Worker Stats

Activity: 832
No idea whether or not i'm mining on http://khashier.com/ you guys need to get stats up asap. I see the net rates go up and down all the time and it's prolly due to that one unanswered question.

Honestly, the pool had not been doing great as of late and we have been focusing on development with the client itself and the upcoming updates.

In light of the Poloniex listing, I would expect some rudimentary stats pretty darn soon Tongue  
In the meantime, if you want some personal information you can PM us with your clams address/worker name, and we can give you whatever information you might need to hold you over Grin
[/quote]

PM Sent.
CLAM Developer
Nice idea and all but i give up. I tried several times and no clams. Either i didnt get any or somethings wrong.
When i try to import the data from multibit saves i get "Cannot open wallet dump file (code -8)"
Please, visit us at the Clams Sub-Reddit.
Give as much detail as you can, and we are happy to try and help you figure out what is going on.

Also, it is important to note that the wallet you are attempting to claim your CLAMS with needed to have coins back in May when CLAMS was launched.

You may also private message us here at the forum here if you would prefer, and we will do our best to get you straightened out!

No idea whether or not i'm mining on http://khashier.com/ you guys need to get stats up asap. I see the net rates go up and down all the time and it's prolly due to that one unanswered question.

Honestly, the pool had not been doing great as of late and we have been focusing on development with the client itself and the upcoming updates.

In light of the Poloniex listing, I would expect some rudimentary stats pretty darn soon Tongue  
In the meantime, if you want some personal information you can PM us with your clams address/worker name, and we can give you whatever information you might need to hold you over Grin
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007
Nice idea and all but i give up. I tried several times and no clams. Either i didnt get any or somethings wrong.
When i try to import the data from multibit saves i get "Cannot open wallet dump file (code -8)"
Otherwise, if you are only importing a single wallet.dat file, it is fine to overwrite the EMPTY wallet.dat file created when CLAMS starts.
Again, please make sure you back-up any wallet files that have coin in them before you copy ANYTHING, ANYWHERE.
mine now i have
wallet.dat and wallet(2).dat
so i sync first the empty clam qt  and after I will overwrite  the existing wallet.dat?
Okay, lets start from the beginning.
The first time you start CLAMClient, it will create an empty wallet.dat file.
Write down a receive address from this wallet.
Then, close down the CLAMClient, and copy the wallet.dat, which holds the receive address you just wrote down to a safe place (Like renaming it wallet(2).dat).
Now, copy in the wallet.dat from Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin.
Then, start CLAMClient with --salvagewallet
Send the CLAMS you find to the address you wrote down/copied.
Stop the CLAMClient.
Move you bitcoin, litecoin, dogecoin wallet.dat file out of the folder and put back in your original CLAMS wallet.dat file.
Finally, start clam-qt.exe normally (only need --salvagewallet once when your finding your CLAMS).
You should see your CLAMS Smiley
I manage now with 1 wallet.dat  i got some clam already
please see the my other question above thread..
thanks a lot...
it works now....yeheyyy i claim some...
but I only put 1 wallet.dat from doge
question.... If my wallet from bitcoin is empty but it used to have a lot of coins on it  before IF i will put the wallet.dat of bitcoin to the clam wallet
is there any clam i can claim?

If your wallet had Bitcoin in it when we launched, in May, then there should be CLAMS waiting to be found there too Smiley

I ALREADY CLAIM NOW WITH DOGE WALLET.DAT NOW WHEN I CLICK IN RECEIVING ADRESS IN THE CLAM WALLET.. I DONT HAVE RECEIVING ADDRES???

I had the same issue so added a new address and restarted the client and hey presto the old address also shows up.
Otherwise, if you are only importing a single wallet.dat file, it is fine to overwrite the EMPTY wallet.dat file created when CLAMS starts.
Again, please make sure you back-up any wallet files that have coin in them before you copy ANYTHING, ANYWHERE.
mine now i have
so i sync first the empty clam qt  and after I will overwrite  the existing wallet.dat?
Then, close down the CLAMClient, and copy the wallet.dat, which holds the receive address you just wrote down to a safe place (Like renaming it wallet(2).dat).
Stop the CLAMClient.
Move you bitcoin, litecoin, dogecoin wallet.dat file out of the folder and put back in your original CLAMS wallet.dat file.
Finally, start clam-qt.exe normally (only need --salvagewallet once when your finding your CLAMS).
thanks a lot...
question.... If my wallet from bitcoin is empty but it used to have a lot of coins on it  before IF i will put the wallet.dat of bitcoin to the clam wallet

If your wallet had Bitcoin in it when we launched, in May, then there should be CLAMS waiting to be found there too Smiley

I ALREADY CLAIM NOW WITH DOGE WALLET.DAT NOW WHEN I CLICK IN RECEIVING ADRESS IN THE CLAM WALLET.. I DONT HAVE RECEIVING ADDRES???
mine now i have
Stop the CLAMClient.
thanks a lot...

wow you make me more excited more lol....i claim a lot of clam already with 1 wallet.dat....i hope the other coi that i have will have more...
Jump to: