Author

Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin" - page 489. (Read 1150758 times)

Activity: 432
Merit: 250
Wallet works great, not a scam I still have my coins in all the wallets I used, I got 18 clams and trying to buy more, this is rare and great trophy coin goodluck everyone!!! Go Poloniex!

the wallet should have coins on it enabale to claim clam?
Activity: 784
Merit: 1002
CLAM Developer
Otherwise, if you are only importing a single wallet.dat file, it is fine to overwrite the EMPTY wallet.dat file created when CLAMS starts.
Again, please make sure you back-up any wallet files that have coin in them before you copy ANYTHING, ANYWHERE.
mine now i have
wallet.dat and wallet(2).dat
so i sync first the empty clam qt  and after I will overwrite  the existing wallet.dat?
Okay, lets start from the beginning.
The first time you start CLAMClient, it will create an empty wallet.dat file.
Write down a receive address from this wallet.
Then, close down the CLAMClient, and copy the wallet.dat, which holds the receive address you just wrote down to a safe place (Like renaming it wallet(2).dat).
Now, copy in the wallet.dat from Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin.
Then, start CLAMClient with --salvagewallet
Send the CLAMS you find to the address you wrote down/copied.
Stop the CLAMClient.
Move you bitcoin, litecoin, dogecoin wallet.dat file out of the folder and put back in your original CLAMS wallet.dat file.
Finally, start clam-qt.exe normally (only need --salvagewallet once when your finding your CLAMS).
You should see your CLAMS Smiley
I manage now with 1 wallet.dat  i got some clam already
please see the my other question above thread..
thanks a lot...
it works now....yeheyyy i claim some...
but I only put 1 wallet.dat from doge
question.... If my wallet from bitcoin is empty but it used to have a lot of coins on it  before IF i will put the wallet.dat of bitcoin to the clam wallet
is there any clam i can claim?

If your wallet had Bitcoin in it when we launched, in May, then there should be CLAMS waiting to be found there too Smiley
Activity: 386
Wallet works great, not a scam I still have my coins in all the wallets I used, I got 18 clams and trying to buy more, this is rare and great trophy coin goodluck everyone!!! Go Poloniex!
Otherwise, if you are only importing a single wallet.dat file, it is fine to overwrite the EMPTY wallet.dat file created when CLAMS starts.
Again, please make sure you back-up any wallet files that have coin in them before you copy ANYTHING, ANYWHERE.
mine now i have
so i sync first the empty clam qt  and after I will overwrite  the existing wallet.dat?

Then, close down the CLAMClient, and copy the wallet.dat, which holds the receive address you just wrote down to a safe place (Like renaming it wallet(2).dat).

Stop the CLAMClient.

Move you bitcoin, litecoin, dogecoin wallet.dat file out of the folder and put back in your original CLAMS wallet.dat file.

Finally, start clam-qt.exe normally (only need --salvagewallet once when your finding your CLAMS).

I manage now with 1 wallet.dat  i got some clam already

please see the my other question above thread..
thanks a lot...

question.... If my wallet from bitcoin is empty but it used to have a lot of coins on it  before IF i will put the wallet.dat of bitcoin to the clam wallet
CLAM Developer
mine now i have
so i sync first the empty clam qt  and after I will overwrite  the existing wallet.dat?

Stop the CLAMClient.

question.... If my wallet from bitcoin is empty but it used to have a lot of coins on it  before IF i will put the wallet.dat of bitcoin to the clam wallet
I keep getting the error "Warning: error reading wallet.dat! All keys read correctly, but transactiondata or address book entries might be missing or incorrect." I just copied the BTC wallet.dat into the CLAM folder in C:\Users\Mobile User\AppData\Roaming\Clam. I get the same error pasting the DOGE wallet.dat.
Do I need to rename the BTC wallet.dat or do I need to extract the privkeys?
No need to extract privKeys or anything.
The issue you are seeing has to do with the extra meta-data that a wallet.dat file contains.
Essentially, the CLAM client is looking for all the BTC transaction history that you had in the wallet - the problem is, they don't exist in the CLAMS network.
Adding the --salvagewallet argument when you run CLAMClient should solve your problem.
If you know how to use the command-line/DOS, just run the program clam-qt.exe --salvagewallet
If you do not, you can right-click and create a shortcut for the clam-qt.exe file.
Then, right-click the shortcut and click "properties".

You will see a field titled "Target:".
Just add "--salvagewallet" (no quotes, with a space separating what is already there) to the end in the field.
Then, save your changes to the short-cut.
Finally, run the clam-qt.exe shortcut you made once, and it if everything worked properly you should see your CLAMS.
In the future, you do not need to run the short-cut - just click the normal clam-qt.exe file.
I used the command line and still got that error.
My simple mistake, I misspelled "salvage" and put "salavage" instead...LOL....Got it....Thanks
Sure! No problem at all!
We made no pre-mine -> did this as a gift to the crypto-community; but that gift has no value if folks can't get their CLAMS Tongue
So, this only works with BTC, LTC or DOGE? Or can others work too?
so when I put the wallet.dat from bitcoin or ltc  to this location  "C:/Users//AppData/Roaming/Clam/" folder.
there will be 2 wallet.dat file in the folder???
because when i run the clam qt it will generate wallet.dat  and plus I will add wallet.dat from ltc or btc

Please make sure you back-up any wallet.dat files that have coins in them BEFORE you do any copying at all!

But yes, after starting the CLAMClient, an empty wallet.dat file will be generated.  If you have more than one wallet.dat you want to IMPORT, then copy down a receive address from your CLAMS wallet, and back it up to a safe place.  Then move the bitcoin/litecoin/dogecoin wallet into the folder and import, sending the CLAMS you find to the address you wrote down from the wallet file you have backed up safe and sound.

Does that make any sense?
"Then move the bitcoin/litecoin/dogecoin wallet"Huh do u mean the wallet.dat  into the clam folder?     "and import"? what do u mean import?

xP4YymhtLY6J4dgrkrpwmh1biH6dUBkwwb   this is my clam receive address  i  copied from received in clam qt  "Back it up in safe place" you mean save it in a note pad? the address?

CLAM Developer

CLAM Developer
I keep getting the error "Warning: error reading wallet.dat! All keys read correctly, but transactiondata or address book entries might be missing or incorrect." I just copied the BTC wallet.dat into the CLAM folder in C:\Users\Mobile User\AppData\Roaming\Clam. I get the same error pasting the DOGE wallet.dat.
The issue you are seeing has to do with the extra meta-data that a wallet.dat file contains.
Essentially, the CLAM client is looking for all the BTC transaction history that you had in the wallet - the problem is, they don't exist in the CLAMS network.
Adding the --salvagewallet argument when you run CLAMClient should solve your problem.
If you know how to use the command-line/DOS, just run the program clam-qt.exe --salvagewallet
If you do not, you can right-click and create a shortcut for the clam-qt.exe file.

Just add "--salvagewallet" (no quotes, with a space separating what is already there) to the end in the field.
Finally, run the clam-qt.exe shortcut you made once, and it if everything worked properly you should see your CLAMS.
In the future, you do not need to run the short-cut - just click the normal clam-qt.exe file.
My simple mistake, I misspelled "salvage" and put "salavage" instead...LOL....Got it....Thanks
Sure! No problem at all!
We made no pre-mine -> did this as a gift to the crypto-community; but that gift has no value if folks can't get their CLAMS Tongue
so when I put the wallet.dat from bitcoin or ltc  to this location  "C:/Users//AppData/Roaming/Clam/" folder.
because when i run the clam qt it will generate wallet.dat  and plus I will add wallet.dat from ltc or btc

Please make sure you back-up any wallet.dat files that have coins in them BEFORE you do any copying at all!

But yes, after starting the CLAMClient, an empty wallet.dat file will be generated.  If you have more than one wallet.dat you want to IMPORT, then copy down a receive address from your CLAMS wallet, and back it up to a safe place.  Then move the bitcoin/litecoin/dogecoin wallet into the folder and import, sending the CLAMS you find to the address you wrote down from the wallet file you have backed up safe and sound.

Does that make any sense?

Sure! No problem at all!

CLAM Developer
Sure! No problem at all!
Just BTC, LTC, and DOGE.
At the time we did the distribution, there wasn't a single coin that had anywhere even near as many users as those three.
I would be willing to bet that there still isn't.
There is DRK and VRC that have high volume.

Indeed, there are many good coins Grin

And yet, this distribution was done some time ago, and even now both of those coins are almost orders of magnitude smaller when it comes to active addresses on the chain.

We chose the three coins that we believed had the most unique users based on our block chain analysis.

We understand that this isn't perfect for everyone  Cry
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Hello and good luck with project, got my Clams and still have my BTC for the people that do not think it is safe. You can also transfer Btc to an exchange and make a new wallet just to be safe. Also with the --slavagewallet, easy to make a .bat file in the same folder where the clam-qt.exe is and put  clam-qt.exe --slavagewallet inside the bat file. Am also mining at the pool and would like to see information on my miner. Thanks and good luck.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Trading volume, maybe... but that's a silly stat to look at.  It's doubtable either has anywhere near the userbase size of BTC, LTC, and Doge, tho.

DRK and VRC are both rather gimmicky coins too - DRK, for example, had a MASSIVE instamine, and a significant portions of coins are in the hands of a few individuals.

CLAMs is a coin based on wide distribution in the existing crypto communities.
Activity: 518
Sure! No problem at all!

Just BTC, LTC, and DOGE.

At the time we did the distribution, there wasn't a single coin that had anywhere even near as many users as those three.

CLAM Developer
Sure! No problem at all!

Just BTC, LTC, and DOGE.

Sure! No problem at all!

CLAM Developer

Sure! No problem at all!

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
Guys, I think it is easy to exploit this wallet. I haven't tested it but I will soon. My post got deleted that told you how. The dev does not want to face this fact. Perhaps he is using the exploit to get clams for himself to later sell.
Jump to: