Author

Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin" - page 491. (Read 1150758 times)

Activity: 338
Merit: 100
https://eloncity.io/
they dont involve girls...they hire for 5$ on fiverr...

now..for multibit paranoid scumbags aka trollers....

click -> file -> new wallet.. name it ( new wallet) click receive get address....copy... click back on old wallet... click send ...paste your new address -> send ALL your coins to new address -0.001 -> click export -> unprotect -> save...

open the file..gather all the addresses you see...open clam ..debug -> console.. importprivkey without the <>... do this for all addresses you had in old wallet...

et voila... your coins are safe in a new wallet file + you ge tclams...

for the non tech out there
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1008
Official Statement:

We are not involved with this project:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ed-quia-non-numquam-eius-modi-tempora-incidunt-ut-labore-et-647611

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO IMPORT A WALLET INTO THE ABOVE LINKED PROJECT.
IT IS FROM A THIRD-PARTY AND NOT ASSOCIATED WITH the CLAMClient, or this CLAMS Project.

Very confusing. Both projects have interesting features. I like idea to involve girls into promotion...
Activity: 338
https://eloncity.io/
most of the coin is for exchange platform!
I got my 4.6CLAM.
But I think the 4.6CLAM don't have too much value. It now is not worth to apply for it when having potential risk.
I think the biggest winners are exchanges.

I am not quite sure where this sentiment is coming from...

First of all, a responsible exchange would keep the majority of their coins in what are called "Cold Wallets".

The transaction which moves the coins to that cold wallet, would cause them to LOSE any CLAMS they might get from the deposits that make it up.

Further, I think the fact that we do not even HAVE an exchange yet, makes all of this a bit silly.... don't you?...?

wondering here as in op you say you can move your coins OUT to another wallet and still get clams for past transactions...

and here you say "The transaction which moves the coins to that cold wallet, would cause them to LOSE any CLAMS they might get from the deposits that make it up."

which is which  ?
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
Sorry, but I am not handing over my private keys. This looks like a risky precedent. You should have thought of some way for the owners to prove they had the required wallet private key by generating a public key, or sequence of public keys, or sending dust or similar. Any protocol that requires the private keys is suspect.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1002
CLAM Developer
The new Sub-Reddit is now live!

CLAMS Sub-Reddit!

If anyone has any questions or comments, this is a great place to get more personal information. Smiley
CLAM Developer
Official Statement:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ed-quia-non-numquam-eius-modi-tempora-incidunt-ut-labore-et-647611

IT IS FROM A THIRD-PARTY AND NOT ASSOCIATED WITH the CLAMClient, or this CLAMS Project.

They are deleting our attempts to post on their thread, informing their users that we are not associated with their project.

Beware.
CLAM Developer
Official Statement:

CLAM Developer
Please forgive us for the extremely extended response time.
There has been some sickness in the Dev team Sad

The Good News:
The more technical folks have kept themselves busy Smiley
Expect a very interesting update in the near future!

I think this is an interesting idea and would like to try it out. I'm having trouble getting it to work under Debian/Tails. I got the source code, but ran into trouble trying to compile it. I don't want to spend a lot of time on it, so I'll just check again in a few weeks and see if it works then.
I don't think there is anything nefarious about the idea though. On the contrary, it's probably the most fair distribution of a proof-of-stake coin to date.

Thank you very much for the kind words! 
We agree completely: You've almost quoted us Smiley

Concerning your trouble compiling the CLAM Client on Debian/Tails:
In situations like these, the details are king.
If you could please post an issue on the CLAMS git.
Add as much detail as possible concerning any errors or steps taken.
More = Better.

What's happening with the pool?

I understand your confusion, completely.

The Good News:
It appears an exchange with exponentially more volume will be listing CLAMS in the near future.
In addition, they intend to distribute the exchange's attributed CLAMS to their users - if everything can be figured out.

The Bad News:
Until that happens, that leaves us with a tough situation.
The BTC from sold alt-coins is safe and sound; but there is no established market to purchase CLAMS for distribution.
Assuming the above deal falls through, the only recourse is somewhat complicated.
It would involve requesting signed messages from miners, verifying those signatures, and distributing BTC directly.
We want to avoid that if at all possible.

Regardless, we have fundamental, and we believe exciting, changes coming to the CLAM Client in the near future.
Yet another feature to set us apart from the sea of altcoins Wink
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
What's happening with the pool?
Activity: 129
I think this is an interesting idea and would like to try it out. I'm having trouble getting it to work under Debian/Tails. I got the source code, but ran into trouble trying to compile it. I don't want to spend a lot of time on it, so I'll just check again in a few weeks and see if it works then.

I don't think there is anything nefarious about the idea though. On the contrary, it's probably the most fair distribution of a proof-of-stake coin to date.
CLAM Developer
I replace my LTC wallet.dat to clam .
and open clam wallet with argument..
So...Do I keep my clam wallet open and than I will get the clam?

Sure, a little explanation is probably in order.

Once your client sync's the block chain past block 10,000, you will know if that wallet has any CLAMS.
Keeping the client open for longer than that, won't give you any more chance to find CLAMS in the wallet.

From a technical perspective:
The CLAMS are already on the chain and controlled by your privateKeys.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
I replace my LTC wallet.dat to clam .
and open clam wallet with argument..
So...Do I keep my clam wallet open and than I will get the clam?
CLAM Developer
how much is the total coins

A great question.
A tough answer.

Right now, there are likely less than a thousand or a few thousand CLAMS.
Why?

CLAMS are created when new users import their wallets and claim their clams.

In Poof-Of-Work ("Poof" intentional) crypto currencies:
Hash == Coins.

CLAMS is Proof-Of-Chain. In Proof-Of-Chain:
Users ~= Coins.

Absolute max total possible coins, if every single user of Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Dogecoin imported their wallets; making CLAMS the largest crypto currency in the world, would be ~15 Million.

We hope this makes CLAMS sufficiently "rare" throughout it's life-cycle.

great innovation i am ready to join it but please tell me that if i have a new btc address never receive or send transaction from it can i still claim some clams.
If the launch, I will participate in.Keep up the good work.

Thanks Grin

CLAMS has already launched.
You can claim your CLAMS by following the directions in the first post.

Enjoy!
Activity: 59
Merit: 10
great innovation i am ready to join it but please tell me that if i have a new btc address never receive or send transaction from it can i still claim some clams.
If the launch, I will participate in.Keep up the good work.
Activity: 308
how much is the total coins
CLAM Developer
Clams claimed without any problem.

Glad you chose to turn on and tune in!

Doc Leary would be proud Grin

Seriously though, user reports such as yours are priceless.
If you like the idea, drop by Poloniex, Bittrex, MintPal, Cryptsy or any other exchange and let them know how you feel Smiley

Cheers!
Activity: 945
Merit: 1000
Clams claimed without any problem.
CLAM Developer

_.--"":""--._
             .' .-'.' '.'-. '.
            / .' /   '   \ '. \
           ;-.__.--:__:--.__.--;
           ;-.__.--.__.--.__.--;
            \'. \  :  :  / .' /
             '.\ '. '. .' / .'
               `'--.:.:.--'`

Is it a CLAM?
Is it a Death Star?

Is there a difference?
Coincidence?
I THINK NOT!

I will leave you to draw your own conclusions...
CLAM Developer
You have to be a complete moron to use this with a wallet that has any significant amount of BTC in it. Just stating the obvious...

True.  Complete Morons probably should not redeem their CLAMS.

For everyone else, who has half a wit and the internets, it is quite simple and reasonable to do a code difference check between BlackCoin and CLAMS.

Looking at your past posts, you seem to be a rather intelligent person.

Please continue that trend, and spend the less than five minutes it would take to view the one dozen lines of code changed before you Scarlet letter someone else's work.

We aren't talking a bunch of complicated functions, methods and non-sense.

We're talking what amounts to a couple copy paste Constants and a switch statement.

Five minutes and two Google searches later, even a moderate computer user should be able to feel comfortable with the code as it stands.

Please do us that respect.
If you find anything nefarious; One line of code.
We will delete this thread entirely.

Yours Truly,
Super Clam.
Activity: 369
Cryptsy.com • Got Shitcoins?
You have to be a complete moron to use this with a wallet that has any significant amount of BTC in it. Just stating the obvious...
Jump to: