Author

Topic: [ANN][CLOAK] Private, Secure, Untraceable & Decentralized Digital Currency - page 199. (Read 810836 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 501
cloakcoin down a bit today its all good just picked me up some more for cheap il take it~!
Activity: 171
Merit: 100
Some people just want to watch the world dance.

that clears it up, id say leave it in but ya people who just come on the project will prob get confused like i did but its all good.

Some nice explanatory tooltip text would probably suffice. I'll add that to the todo list. Thanks for the feedback, oaks05 Smiley
that clears it up, id say leave it in but ya people who just come on the project will prob get confused like i did but its all good.
As i already run v2.0.1.1 'phoenix' on my mac and i don't mine, the wallet's just for storage, do i really need to download the new wallet version?

Hi nuttynoah. In short, no. If you plan on using Enigma for sending or mixing assistance, then I'd suggest you upgrade. If you're just using the wallet for storage and staking, there's no real need.

Joe
Hi I upgraded to 2.0.2 and still getting lot of expired requests 30, only 1 accepted, and rest values =0. im having only 200 coins on my wallet - is there something wrong?
Im not quite sure how the enigma fee collections works either I have 19 expired 6 accepted and 3 signed yet 0 fees collected and the enigma send activity is blank.

degxtra1, oaks05,

You'll only receive fees for requests that are marked as completed. Here's an overview of what those numbers mean:

Requests Accepted
Number of Enigma requests from peers that you've agreed to mix.

Requests Signed
Number of Enigma requests from peers that you've agreed to mix and have signed.

Requests Refused
Number of Enigma requests your wallet has refused to mix or refused to sign (due to bad request format, bad transaction data or timeout expired).

Requests Expired:
Number of requests that ran out of time before you received a transaction from the sender to sign.

Requests Completed:
Number of Enigma requests you have mixed, signed and which have successfully completed earning you a mixing fee.

Fees Received:
The amount of Cloak earned from completed Enigma mixing requests/sends.

It's only the number of 'Completed' requests you're really interested in. The other information was added to give more of an overview of what's actually going on. In hindsight, they seem to leave people a little confused and it may make sense to remove them in future. How would people feel about  removing everything except the 'completed' count? We could leave the other options in place, but just hidden and allow advanced users to toggle them on for display purposes if required...

The reason you have requests that are expired rather than completed is due to your wallet receiving an Enigma mixing request that it agreed to cloak, but a number of other nodes also agreed to mix the request so some accepting nodes (yours included) weren't used for mixing. As Enigma usage on the network increases, this should become less of an issue are there will be more sends to mix. Once we've dropped the Enigma sending fee to a nominal amount or ideally free, we will see many more Enigma sends vs. standard sends on the network.

I hope this clears things up a little.

Joe
As i already run v2.0.1.1 'phoenix' on my mac and i don't mine, the wallet's just for storage, do i really need to download the new wallet version?

Hi nuttynoah. In short, no. If you plan on using Enigma for sending or mixing assistance, then I'd suggest you upgrade. If you're just using the wallet for storage and staking, there's no real need.

Joe
Hi I upgraded to 2.0.2 and still getting lot of expired requests 30, only 1 accepted, and rest values =0. im having only 200 coins on my wallet - is there something wrong?
Im not quite sure how the enigma fee collections works either I have 19 expired 6 accepted and 3 signed yet 0 fees collected and the enigma send activity is blank.
Activity: 228
Merit: 46

Joe

Joe
Activity: 239
Thanks for the update! 2017 will be good for cloak.
Activity: 499
Merit: 250
Very good new update... Cloak strong next update waiting  raspberry pi and open source... I hope next update soon
Activity: 229
Nice wallet, great work r3r & Cloak team. But friday evening is definitely not the best time to release. I watch you like to do releases on Saturday, and now on Friday. Try to do it in the beginning or the middle of the week Wink

Good point! Smiley We'll do that for the next one.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1006
Nice wallet, great work r3r & Cloak team. But friday evening is definitely not the best time to release. I watch you like to do releases on Saturday, and now on Friday. Try to do it in the beginning or the middle of the week Wink
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
great update, may cloak live again !
Activity: 368
Merit: 250
Any idea when wallet for raspberry going to be available?
LBX
Activity: 1025
Merit: 534
A
I'm pleased to announce that Cloak is being featured in the next issue of the Bitcoin Garden Forum Newsletter, scheduled for tomorrow, April 1st.

Congrats to the team. You are doing a great job!

That's great to hear, S3cco! Thank you for the kind words and continued support <3
Activity: 2054
Merit: 528
❤ Bitcoin Garden
I'm pleased to announce that Cloak is being featured in the next issue of the Bitcoin Garden Forum Newsletter, scheduled for tomorrow, April 1st.

Congrats to the team. You are doing a great job!
Activity: 695
Merit: 500
Activity: 1340
Merit: 259

Dear Cloak Community,

We're pleased to present a new v2.0.1.2 point release for the Cloak 'Phoenix' wallet. This is primarily a bug-fix release, but also includes some changes to how wallet unlocking is handled for Enigma sends. Attempting an Enigma send with a locked wallet was previously causing issues as the wallet would re-lock before the finished Enigma transaction was signed. This is resolved now and the wallet will remain unlocked until the Enigma send finalizes, whereupon the wallet is automatically re-locked.

The issue with the enigma node count dropping has also been addressed. This was due to Enigma announcements expiring just prior to an updated announcement being received. To resolve the issue, updated announcements are now sent earlier which gives plenty of crossover time when Enigma peers are several network hops away. Performance will improve steadily as more users upgrade to the latest 2.0.1.2 version.  

Here's a look at the latest change log:

-------------------
v2.0.1.2
-------------------
* BugFix: Fix ‘CloakShield Unavailable’ issue in QT-Wallet GUI.
* BugFix: Ensure out-of-date Enigma announcements are always culled.
* BugFix: Improve shutdown detection in child threads to avoid crash-on-exit issues.
* Enhancement: Improve wallet-unlock workflow for Enigma sends.

We'd also like to thank everyone who has donated to the development funding so far. Thank you!

All donated funds will be used to further develop the Cloak project and will help greatly with the work required prior to open-sourcing the code.

Peace & Love,

Team Cloak

Jump to: