Author

Topic: [ANN][CrowdSale Ended]🌟🌟🌟🌟 NVO Decentralized Exchange | MultiWallet 🌟🌟🌟🌟 - page 167. (Read 169981 times)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250
Hodlers Network
Very interesting project, i like idea of decentralized exchange and i wish you guys good luck with your project!

yes, because decentralized exchange is better than centralized exchange
Activity: 882
Merit: 533
I spoke with Nemgun and she/he said your wallet will support alot of cryptocurrency and I cant wait. Hope there will mobile,web and computeR version oF the wallet.

That's sure, they will release the wallet to different platforms, mobile included, except website as they will release a desktop version.
Portable versions will be one of the most important releases as it will let the users exchange everywhere, they could also stay connected for a longer period for live exchange.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
It's quite interesting and I will watch it and consider to join it after reading the whitepage
How much is it for one coin? and which exchanges do you intend to list this coin ?
The price will be decided at the end of crowdsale after calculating up all crowdsale contributions. We intend to list on as many exchanges as possible including adding it to our own when the exchange is launched.
Activity: 59
Merit: 10
It's quite interesting and I will watch it and consider to join it after reading the whitepage
How much is it for one coin? and which exchanges do you intend to list this coin ?
I spoke with Nemgun and she/he said your wallet will support alot of cryptocurrency and I cant wait. Hope there will mobile,web and computeR version oF the wallet.
We can definitely do mobile. It's easy enough.
Activity: 1820
Merit: 566
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
I'm looking forward for this exchange. It will be great if it works as promised, so I can quit Poloniex.
Activity: 434
Merit: 101
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
I hope NVO is a great success and I am happy to participate in signature and avatar campaign programs and always success NVO
There's some big warning signs here.

Firstly, it's a decentralised exchange but the key part of the code won't be open source or explained? That's a fail straight away.

Secondly, I'm highly skeptical they have a bullet proof algorithm in place. It looks to me like they are just hoping to raise a ton of money and figure it all out later on - hardly fair on investors. Either that or it's a carbon copy of one of the existing DEX algorithms that are working out in the wild - e.g. Blocknet.

If you guys can't answer questions on how it works, you are not going to inspire shrewd investors to part with their money. Blocknet for example uses check lock time verify to lock up the funds used for the cross chain trading swaps until the transaction is complete. It has anti-ddos measures in place to prevent orderbook spam. People run the service nodes which handle the trading fees, masternodes cost 5000 Block and collect a proportion of the fees. And so on. How do the validators handle all of this?

I appreciate your questions again, if an investor doesn't understand the project he won't invest, you are right on this point. This is why i appreciate your questions because they will go directly to the FAQ.

First, the anti-ddos features are mandatory, nowadays you can't release something on a network without anti-ddos features.
Second, i just had a look at blocknet, it is not that i will say a bad thing about it, but i would look like to. Both projects are totally different, blocknet is a blockchain project, i understand now why you talk about algo. NVO isn't a blockchain, she uses the blockchains, maybe even blocknet can be used, because NVO is a software. Instead of comparing the validator to a blockchain, compare it to a decentralized escrow as by the end of the development, he will work on his own, without the intervention of the NVO team.
A video will be released soon with draws in order to explain the project.

I know their developer very well, i am a developer too, i help them, they are friends. They will use nodeJS mostly for the Validator, maybe some other languages too. Why NodeJS ? Because it is a dynamic language widely supported who have still a lot to deliver.

It is like asking the recipe of coca-cola. I can also tell you that your comparaison with an algorythm isn't exactly how the Validator works, as he will have a lot of other functions, the "algo" is just a segment of the whole machine as the validator will be able to work with multisig addresses in different ways for different purposes.

Once again, NVO isn't a blockchain. And you don't need tokens to use the decentralized exchange.

Thanks again.

Firstly, it's a decentralised exchange but the key part of the code won't be open source or explained? That's a fail straight away.

Secondly, I'm highly skeptical they have a bullet proof algorithm in place. It looks to me like they are just hoping to raise a ton of money and figure it all out later on - hardly fair on investors. Either that or it's a carbon copy of one of the existing DEX algorithms that are working out in the wild - e.g. Blocknet.

If you guys can't answer questions on how it works, you are not going to inspire shrewd investors to part with their money. Blocknet for example uses check lock time verify to lock up the funds used for the cross chain trading swaps until the transaction is complete. It has anti-ddos measures in place to prevent orderbook spam. People run the service nodes which handle the trading fees, masternodes cost 5000 Block and collect a proportion of the fees. And so on. How do the validators handle all of this?
Hi most of your questions can be answered if you take a look of the whitepaper which I assume you didn't fully read in details.

Regarding blocknet, it's great there are more decentralized exchanges. I see you are a strong supporter of Blocknet which I assume is also a great project. We prefer it if you go on slack and ask us questions there. You are putting us in a situation that force us to either talk bad about NVO or Blocknet, two different projects, and nothing good could come out of that for both communities. Anyway join us on slack and we will try to answer your question on our side for NVO.

Thanks
Activity: 186
Merit: 100

Example question, what is the algorithm that trustlessly trades ETH for BTC on this platform? Please detail it step by step. Not something vague like "the validator does it". The actual algorithm.
Terrible whitepaper.

Lots of waffle and virtually no details on how it will be implemented. Literally just "we have this validator thingy which will check all the transactions". Amateurish.

I can understand why this project is superior to Waves since that is just another Bitshares semi centralised IOU exchange. But Blocknet which has been in development for two years has atomic decentralised cross chain swaps working already. You can already trade e.g. BTC for LTC completely trust free with no tokens, IOU's, colored coins or intermediaries. You own the assets.

The only thing this project has going for it is that it will be built on the SAFE network. But with very little actual details with how it will be done - probably because the SAFE network is still under a LOT of work and they are changing moving parts all the time.

Thank for this feedback, this is what i was waiting for since a week.

Let's go step by step :

- User send a trade request.
  an object containing the request details, pairs, amount, value, wallet id (random number to identify the owner), addresses required for the trade

- Trade request received by the validator

- Trade request verified  
   Verify addresses balance, existance of pairs.
   public data storage of the request with request id minus wallet id  (private storage)

- List for order matching

- If order matching, process orders
   retreive orders
   verifie balances
   trigger transaction from wallet (wallet sends update request to the validator, who will return a trigger or cancel message)

- receiving signed Txs from wallets

- decode transactions :

if decoded transactions are valid
   If recipient addresses matches
   if balances match
   if currently transacting
   if TX fees are correct
   if exchange fees are correct
   if no op_return (in case of btc)
   if no data (in case of eth)

- broadcast transactions

These informations are a part of what yani gave me. They don't want to go too deeply into the details of the validator because it is a central component and people have to understand the whitepaper, they will open it's source when he will be finished.

I hope that it helps you to figure it out and that you understand that the validator won't be open sourced, the wallet will be, so does the plugins.

Consider joining slack, there you could talk with the team and ask them directly.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Terrible whitepaper.

Lots of waffle and virtually no details on how it will be implemented. Literally just "we have this validator thingy which will check all the transactions". Amateurish.

I can understand why this project is superior to Waves since that is just another Bitshares semi centralised IOU exchange. But Blocknet which has been in development for two years has atomic decentralised cross chain swaps working already. You can already trade e.g. BTC for LTC completely trust free with no tokens, IOU's, colored coins or intermediaries. You own the assets.

The only thing this project has going for it is that it will be built on the SAFE network. But with very little actual details with how it will be done - probably because the SAFE network is still under a LOT of work and they are changing moving parts all the time.

isnt blocknet y pyramid ponzi?
Example question, what is the algorithm that trustlessly trades ETH for BTC on this platform? Please detail it step by step. Not something vague like "the validator does it". The actual algorithm.
Terrible whitepaper.

For the record, the sig camp has been announced here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924265.0;topicseen

And great, OP! This will revolutionize the crypto industry! Downloading the demo as we speak. Question. Will the wallet allow for more altcoins in the future, or are you just sticking with BTC, ETH and XRP?

FWIW, here are the results of the VirusTotal's virus scan for the Mac wallet: https://virustotal.com/en/file/d4729c3e3772e6bf277f1a7d421717987c3444267c9a8c96eac9c08803a8a920/analysis/1495180277/

Quote from: VirusTotal.com
SHA256:   d4729c3e3772e6bf277f1a7d421717987c3444267c9a8c96eac9c08803a8a920
File name:   NVO Demo Darwin.dmg
Detection ratio:   0 / 55
Analysis date:   2017-05-19 07:51:17 UTC ( 1 minute ago )

Thank you for your support.
Yes the signature campaign started, Edwardard was very puntual, he posted it at the promised time.

As it is a demo, the team wanted to add different coins. For the next releases, they will enable more coins into the wallet and when the plugin system will be done, they will enable support for all the crypto currencies, depending on the available plugins, who will be added by the community.

Thank you for posting the virustotal scan.

How exactly does this (without me looking into the underlying technicalities) differ from Bitsquare, which claims to be a decentralized Bitcoin exchange? NVO aims to be completely oriented towards coin/coin trades? I would guess that a combination of Bitsequare and NVO could phase out some of the traditional exchanges.

I have never used Bitsequare, thus I haven't really ever done some real research into its setup.

That's why I did not work as a university professor, if not I would have put my students to sleep and nobody would have understood anything.
The proof is that I start again.

Yes Bitsquare and NVO are close, so does the other decentralized exchanges. Except that NVO's revolution is that it will be up to the community to decide which coins are going to be traded, not to NVO. The trading fees will be lower as it will consist of the TX fees plus exchange fees of 0.2%.

It is like for Bitcoin, as he won't ask the websites to add him, it is the websites who add Bitcoin as a payment method. That's how the plugin system will enable the support for more coins, the community will add them.

The second revolution is the Validator as it is a solution for decentralized offline trading, which is the main issue with decentralized exchanges, and the main advantage of centralized exchanges.
NVO is like Mac or Linux, while centralized exchanges are like Windows, The developers could understand this comparaison.

Third advantage, NVO won't be able to fake volume as there won't be the possibility to add remote automated trading as the wallet will be the gateway. The centralized platforms use to give an API to remotely trade on their platform, which lets them use shadow bots to fake volumes, while they are covered by TOS as their resposibility is limited.

For the record, the sig camp has been announced here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924265.0;topicseen

And great, OP! This will revolutionize the crypto industry! Downloading the demo as we speak. Question. Will the wallet allow for more altcoins in the future, or are you just sticking with BTC, ETH and XRP?

FWIW, here are the results of the VirusTotal's virus scan for the Mac wallet: https://virustotal.com/en/file/d4729c3e3772e6bf277f1a7d421717987c3444267c9a8c96eac9c08803a8a920/analysis/1495180277/

This is normal for every startup to start their work with the most prevalent currencies and languages. I suppose in some time they will add everything what people interested about.

Thanks for your feedback, yes NVO will give the users the possibility to add their favorite coin into the wallet.

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

This is normal for every startup to start their work with the most prevalent currencies and languages. I suppose in some time they will add everything what people interested about.
Jump to: