Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][Datacoin] Datacoin blockchain start announcement (Minor code upd + logo) - page 3. (Read 171808 times)

legendary
Activity: 2452
Merit: 1025
Energy coin master
In the spirit of bringing all community members together

New Datacoin slack workspace  

https://datacoinx.slack.com

slack is hostile for communities, use an open IRC server (or a forum thread like this one).
For now this forum is okay for me.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002

slack is hostile for communities, use an open IRC server (or a forum thread like this one).

yes you right , nowadays a lot of scammer are boring me and friends of mine on slack...  better IRC IMHO
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null

Activity: 81
Merit: 16

Activity: 882
Merit: 310
Hi,

Just want to know if anyone could help me to achieve the following?

1) How to compile a Windows-qt wallet - sorry I am a Windows person but not by choice Roll Eyes
2) How to interact with the wallet using php and conf file.
3) Set up a simple block chain on Digital Ocean.
3) Set up a mining pool on Digital Ocean.

I'll send you all of my DTC 600.23  Grin  for this educational experience.

Thank you,

H

For Windows and Android wallets you should be able to use QtCreator with the Windows and Android kits.

I did the Windows wallet for a different coin and you have actually inspired me to look at the Android wallet for Datacoin.

If you will do Android wallet with QT libs, can you share knowledge?
Activity: 481
Merit: 252
Hi,

1) How to compile a Windows-qt wallet - sorry I am a Windows person but not by choice Roll Eyes

Thank you,

H

For Windows and Android wallets you should be able to use QtCreator with the Windows and Android kits.

I did the Windows wallet for a different coin and you have actually inspired me to look at the Android wallet for Datacoin.
Activity: 592
Merit: 259

Hi Hamburger,

I think I may be able to update the Gitian recipes for Datacoin and send a pull request to Graham's repository.
    Using them, I should be able to build the Windows wallet and share it with the masses and then anybody who wants to use the Gitian recipes can similarly build a wallet without much additional effort.  I don't know the steps one would do these days on whichever Windows version they're using to build Datacoin.  Generally, when I build a Windows wallet, I do it inside of Linux with the Gitian workflow.

With regard to the PHP and configuration files, I am not sure what you are asking here...  What is it you want to do?

About Digital Ocean, are you asking how to run a Datacoin wallet there or are you asking how to do something different?

As for the Mining Pool, I will leave that to our expert Pool Operators to answer, I'm not certain about what they're doing for our proof-of-work algorithm.
    Though, if I were going to make a pool, I'd look to add to the ecosystem rather than compete with it.  In other words, maybe a p2pool to compliment the existing pool.

Best Regards,
-Chicago
I see a recurring pattern of what cryptocoins do to get themselves noticed.  They pay to get into the "pay" exchanges like Nova, Cryptopia and C-CEX.  Then they go for a publicity campaign and hope that the big exchanges (Kraken, Poloniex and Bittrex) will pick them up.

I checked the cost of a splash on CoinTelegraph.  0.5BTC.  A little high for the moment. 

Then a friend suggested Twitter.  And we now have https://twitter.com/DatacoinX

Please follow this Twitter account on your Twitter accounts.  The idea is to have as many followers as possible, so that we control our own publicity.  Like Trump.
Yeah, problem with this exchange is you never know, what actually are you buying - backed by real token or fake or none? Or can you see attached security/asset crypto ?

Yes, but I see that DTC really is Datacoin.  When you buy 1 "something" you find DTC in the dropdown menu along with BTC, ETC, ETH, LTC, XLM etc

Where is your Slimcoin?
Activity: 241
Merit: 107
Hi,

Thank you,

H
Yeah, problem with this exchange is you never know, what actually are you buying - backed by real token or fake or none? Or can you see attached security/asset crypto ?
Nice. Can you show me how I could make such thing for other coin as well?

Don't you think that 1XRP is a little too "high" price right now ?
I know there isn't any exchange, but still, this coin have higher supply than Slimcoin, and less functions than it (and before 2-3months didn't have any development).
Because Slim is traded between 270-400 satoshi, like 0.01-0.015USD. And 1XRP = 0.2-0.22USD.

Here is the video tutorial I used:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh4uOVUz42Q

If you don't agree with the offers posted you can paste a few "lowball" offers for a small amount of DTC, so that we can also have buy orders to get the exchange going.  I will do the same for Slimcoin once you have it up and running in www.theworldexchange.net.  Basically moving the same money back and forth to test the system.
Nice. Can you show me how I could make such thing for other coin as well?

Don't you think that 1XRP is a little too "high" price right now ?
I know there isn't any exchange, but still, this coin have higher supply than Slimcoin, and less functions than it (and before 2-3months didn't have any development).
Because Slim is traded between 270-400 satoshi, like 0.01-0.015USD. And 1XRP = 0.2-0.22USD.
To trade DTC for XRP:

https://www.theworldexchange.net/?symbol1=DTC.rngnE9TXY5FguLPrtKncZx4jYRRhaR1Zhd&symbol2=XRP.

You should also be able to trade the DTC with each other.  I set the "Rippling" to true.  Please try it out.  At the moment I am backing the token with real DTC.
Just be aware that I do not have an XRP reserve, so for now I can only sell DTC for XRP.  You need to buy the DTC from me for XRP.

It's quite nice idea, but can you make it working for Datacoin? I think that, it's only working for a tokens released on ripple network, and you can't have cross atomic swaps chains, with it (besides probably you wouldn't do it anyway, because datacoin doesn't have malleability fix).

Or you could try to issue a token, which could be reedemed for Datacoin? But how would you enforced to make it reedemed for DTC? With your own stash of Datacoins? Because nobody would support for now, and it would be only up to people if they would accept these tokens or not.

So your thought is mainly to create a token, which 'could' be reedemed for real DTC, and it would trade to XRP? Like a credit based security? Without any other ideas, or without exchanges, it's the only way for now.

Yes, I want to issue a token.  Do you have a Ripple address?
It's quite nice idea, but can you make it working for Datacoin? I think that, it's only working for a tokens released on ripple network, and you can't have cross atomic swaps chains, with it (besides probably you wouldn't do it anyway, because datacoin doesn't have malleability fix).

Or you could try to issue a token, which could be reedemed for Datacoin? But how would you enforced to make it reedemed for DTC? With your own stash of Datacoins? Because nobody would support for now, and it would be only up to people if they would accept these tokens or not.

So your thought is mainly to create a token, which 'could' be reedemed for real DTC, and it would trade to XRP? Like a credit based security? Without any other ideas, or without exchanges, it's the only way for now.
I am now playing with the www.theworldexchange.net.  Seems like a friendlier way to issue DTC on the Ripple network than Gatehub.

http://www.wsiltv.com/story/36180070/new-ripple-based-decentralized-exchange-for-point-and-click-icos

Looks like I am set to issue and trade 10000DTC on the Ripple Network but I think I will wait to see if other people on this forum have set up.

I also want to watch the video tutorials:  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHAK7FXoElZOyM6MaQ_O_i6ATap2k9r-o
Thanks bugreporterr and MarcusDE.  I put the topic on xrpchat.com  (Under Problem Solving).

My ripple address is rngnE9TXY5FguLPrtKncZx4jYRRhaR1Zhd.  I understand a "trust line" has to be placed on it before I can issue Datacoin to other users.

See if you can put a "trust line" on that address and also send me your ripple addresses so that I can put trust lines on them.

I remember that I created Freicoin (FRC) in the old Ripple Trade wallet.  Not sure how to do it in this new Gatehub wallet.

Anybody who has experiences with "Issueances" and gateways in Ripple please speak up.
Activity: 796
Merit: 505
PROPOSAL TO CREATE A DATACOIN GATEWAY ON RIPPLE

A Ripple Gateway is like an exchange, and we need NO PERMISSION, but does need some IT skills which should be available in the Datacoin community.  We can set up trading pairs for XRP/DTC, DTC/BTC, DTC/ETH etc.

Ripple seems to help you.  They have something like a support centre for gateways.

This would expose Datacoin to the thousands of users of the Ripple GateHub wallet.

I think this should be doable.  Dash recently did the same thing:  https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/pre-proposal-create-the-first-dash-gateway-on-ripple.14721/

It is very easy to create a GateHub wallet - go to www.gatehub.net.

I have a fixed IP address (154.66.207.206).  I understand I have to set up a rippled server.  Anybody else have experience with this?

Make a topic on xrpchat.com. Some Ripple staff read it.

Server is not a problem, I can host it for free to help :-)
Pages:
Jump to: