Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][Datacoin] Datacoin blockchain start announcement (Minor code upd + logo) - page 49. (Read 171852 times)

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
People started mining a few days ago cdn coin which is a copy of Datacoin, chinese and scammy as fuck. It says it will compute climate forecasts lol
They mine this with the expectation that it is new and they can mine it and maybe in the future it will have a price.

Now they started with another quark fork 2chcoin. A russian one. I am pretty sure this one is again for fun and it will fade.

Most people are here to be rich in two days like with DOGE. this is far from happening any time soon. Already those retarded coins are dead. Already even noobs are saying to new coins "come on we dont need a new one" . Noobs 15 days ago were saying "fuck yeah another coin"

Coin is far from dead. But dont wait to be rich tomorrow. It is clear. Although i still believe that price will triple when we hit cryptsy... Coin is not dead because there are people who care about it. It is not just a copy. Main dev seems to working . Latest activity was less than an hour ago. Of course it will be good to come here and answer a few things. And yes that thing with fee i think it should happen. Maxsolnc is devoted for sure! Cryptol thinks also devoted. Snard also. I am devoted to the coin although with no technical skills. Others devs seem to care about the coin but now it was holidays these days...And people are constantly learning about it and some stick to it.

Currently i am mining with 18 cores. I am raising my cores every couple of days. In  15 days i will have another 20. In the meantime i also play with retarded coins and i sell them to buy DTC.

Those who really care about the coin must post on the forums about it whenever they see people speaking about cpu coins. Maybe bump the promo or the guides or the giveaways.

P.S. When I was here when bitcoin got from below 1 dollar to 33 dollars. I actually saw bitcoin at aroun 0.6 dollars i think. Now that was a dead coin when it hit below 2 dollars in a few days or hours. i dont remember but i bought at 2 Smiley . And it was the only coin back then. No rivals Tongue
Activity: 577
Merit: 500
I just keep stacking DTCs, mining with 16 servers totalling 64 cores. In some months panorama will be clearer for sure, now there is so much noise from this crap alts only made for pump and dump. Ignoring the market value and thinking in its real use I think that DTC has obvious potential and a real use so let's mine it! And anyway at today's prices it is still profitable to mine.

Ahh! And if you want to give me some love: DGq3GGtAfska16sbkEpxZumYXvysRsAiSZ     Roll Eyes

As a suggestion to dev team, please reduce 0.05 transaction fee, or give me a serious reason for this high price. Don't you think that this fee is one of the reasons for the users to not move their coins?
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
DTC unofficial team
DataCoin capitalization went down to $ 492,685
Buy prices are at 0.00033 now, so few BTC in buy order book. If I'd just look at exchange only I'd conclude coin is already dead. Trade volumes decrease with each day, except days when another holder decides to dump his DataCoins and leave away.
We have to promote coin more and vote more on cryptsy if we want this coin to survive, we have just avout 170 votes, I don't think it's enough to be added.

+1.

It's hard to compete when the majority of new users put everything they got in a new coin. The more coins they can get the better, regardless of the value or attributes(?)of the coin. I don't understand why people do not fall in love with eternal data storage, especially with the Edward Snowden case, etc. :/

Less than 72 hours to first promo wave. Also I'm discussing details of one more agreement for one more complete promo with big plan that can take weeks and months (bringing website to new level, SEO, more publicity, blogs, social media, web hosting and file hosting services, PR, etc). Guys, actual situation in crypto world teaches you bad things: 'new coin must go to highs in 1-2 months from start, if if doesn't - it is dead'. It's wrong position.
I'll announce some more technical news for you, just now I have at least 2 of them, but they're under heavy development - 1-2 weeks at least to finish, and I shouldn't reveal details now. One more time: remember first successful currencies like Namecoin and Peercoin - how many time did it take them to get popular? Datacoin is a platform, and unlike all other coins it needs ecosystem to be built on this platform.
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain
Idea is just perfect, we just need more promotions, media, etc... People will love this coin, it's unique.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Buy prices are at 0.00033 now, so few BTC in buy order book. If I'd just look at exchange only I'd conclude coin is already dead. Trade volumes decrease with each day, except days when another holder decides to dump his DataCoins and leave away.
We have to promote coin more and vote more on cryptsy if we want this coin to survive, we have just avout 170 votes, I don't think it's enough to be added.

+1.

It's hard to compete when the majority of new users put everything they got in a new coin. The more coins they can get the better, regardless of the value or attributes(?)of the coin. I don't understand why people do not fall in love with eternal data storage, especially with the Edward Snowden case, etc. :/
Activity: 206
Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain
Activity: 350
DTC unofficial team
There are still spambots on the forum; https://datacointalk.org/index.php?topic=139.0. IDK if this is the right place for this post.
I've reminded mstfck about captcha, he should implement it quickly. He went online only today.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
There are still spambots on the forum; https://datacointalk.org/index.php?topic=139.0. IDK if this is the right place for this post.
legendary
getmonero.org
I would like a difficulty chart on chainbrowser Smiley
Activity: 278
Mainly for the transaction parsing bug. But it will be nice to also display the chain origin multiplier. Or take it further and display the type and length of the chain, and chain origin. If you want to keep your work closed source, I completely understand.

Output bug I will work on. 

As for the rest, I am not sure what you mean by wanting type and length of the chain. Isn't the height the length?  And what do you mean by chain origin?  Any information can easily be shown if you tell me what you are looking for.

Sorry, I missed it on your display page that you already have the Primechain (Cunningham chain) type. So all I need is the chain origin (header hash x multiplier), then if you add plus or minus one to the result, you get the first prime number for the chain.
Activity: 140
Mainly for the transaction parsing bug. But it will be nice to also display the chain origin multiplier. Or take it further and display the type and length of the chain, and chain origin. If you want to keep your work closed source, I completely understand.

Output bug I will work on. 

As for the rest, I am not sure what you mean by wanting type and length of the chain. Isn't the height the length?  And what do you mean by chain origin?  Any information can easily be shown if you tell me what you are looking for.
Is your chain browser closed source? If not, it will save me some time modifying yours instead of implementing one from scratch.

Yes, its closed source. Developed it myself for datacoin and with the ability to add other coins.

Why is there a need to create another one from scratch? Are there features missing that you want or just the bugs that are occurring?

Is your chain browser closed source? If not, it will save me some time modifying yours instead of implementing one from scratch.

Yes, its closed source. Developed it myself for datacoin and with the ability to add other coins.

Why is there a need to create another one from scratch? Are there features missing that you want or just the bugs that are occurring?
Chain browser have some simple problems recently, like http://www.chainbrowser.com/datacoin/address/DD38QeAXrD2QqkjJ1mqMrpTrmiRTQhhC27/. Or maybe its not a bug, but feature Wink

Will take a look today and see if I can figure out whats going on.  Been out of town the last few weeks.

And please Snard, start your own branch of the Datacoin client on Github.  It will really help the coin.

Branch for what? Confused.
Activity: 481
Merit: 252
And please Snard, start your own branch of the Datacoin client on Github.  It will really help the coin.
Chain browser have some simple problems recently, like http://www.chainbrowser.com/datacoin/address/DD38QeAXrD2QqkjJ1mqMrpTrmiRTQhhC27/. Or maybe its not a bug, but feature Wink

Will take a look today and see if I can figure out whats going on.  Been out of town the last few weeks.
legendary
getmonero.org
http://www.reddit.com/r/Namecoin/comments/1ulp6s/if_you_like_namecoin_i_think_youd_be_interested/

kaja wrote a nice thread there. There are asking some questions. Specifically why Datacoin over Namecoin. So if anyone wants to asnwer...
Activity: 481
Merit: 252
legendary
getmonero.org
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397540.0;topicseen

I am just leaving this here if anyone wants to vote for Datacoin Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: