Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][DCM] Digital Commerce 1.35 Mil coins 100% POS/Soon Anon/Accounting wallet. - page 8. (Read 82562 times)

Activity: 525
Merit: 501
GameX (GX) | NextGEN Gaming Cryptocurrency
If you have problems syncing with the new client, please follow these instructions.

1) Stop your wallet and wait for 5 seconds (just to make sure that it closed completely)
2) Go to the data folder of your wallet (for Windows: %appdata%\dcom and for Linux: ~/.dCom )
2) Backup the file "wallet.dat" to a safe place. This is where your coins are saved and by losing this, you will lose your coins
3) If a file dCom.conf exists, rename it to dCom.conf.bak
4) Delete everything from that folder except wallet.dat and dCom.conf.bak (if it exists)
5) Create a new file named dCom.conf with the following text
Code:
rpcusername=[whateveryouwant]
rpcpassword=[mustbecomplexenough]
server=0
listen=0
irc=0
dns=0
connect=209.126.71.235

6) Make sure that the file is saved
7) Start your wallet

It should begin to sync with that specific node. As soon as it finishes syncing, do the following steps:
1) Stop wallet
2) Go again to the data folder of wallet
3) Rename dCom.conf to dCom.conf.resyncsafe
4) Rename dCom.con.bak to dCom.conf (if it exists)
5) Start your wallet

Hope that helps

Did all that and all the coins disappeared (had a backup, so not concerned). Then ran a repairwallet function in console, and coins came back and syncing + Staking nicely.

Cheers for the info.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

Ofcourse, the average volume has been under 2 btc for the past 2 days, there wasn't even the slightest dump. I am not worried about his actions, supposing he has the brains to (eventually) see he's not getting any revenge doing the things he's talking about. The only thing i worry about, is the involvement of the team on the market. They made an enormous amount of money on 1 day, they could easily help the volume & price set to above IPO price. But i'm not critisizing, just hope to see some more action (like in other crypto's). I suppose most work done right now is behind the scene !

Keep in mind that he said he was slowly dumping. 10K DCM at a time may have been like .5 btc. Bob must of course realize that 100K (or however many he and his friend has) would bring in a bigger return if the orders are spread out.

So he could be dumping slowly in increments, then waiting for the market to recover before repeating.

One odd thing I have noticed about the market is that outside of multipool buys (at least assume it was multipool), there barely has been any movement at all for rather long periods of time. Those who bought over ipo levels obviously don't want to sell at this price, so basically we are seeing small sales based on dumps + those who buy dumps, then resell for a profit at still below ipo prices.

Which brings me back to one of my initial concerns regarding DCM. The devs are working on a time scale that most crypto people probably aren't the most comfortable with. They have attention spans that last in days, not weeks or months. They should use some of that IPO money to add shortterm value to the coin, be that some buy support, mobile wallets, special coin features, more exchanges... something. Just showing screenshots of a marketplace that may be two months away isn't going to assure investors a whole lot (in my opinion). And that assumes investors even care about crypto marketplaces. I think they are important, but get the feeling that the majority of crypto people here care less about actually using a coin as a currency.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Ofcourse, the average volume has been under 2 btc for the past 2 days, there wasn't even the slightest dump. I am not worried about his actions, supposing he has the brains to (eventually) see he's not getting any revenge doing the things he's talking about. The only thing i worry about, is the involvement of the team on the market. They made an enormous amount of money on 1 day, they could easily help the volume & price set to above IPO price. But i'm not critisizing, just hope to see some more action (like in other crypto's). I suppose most work done right now is behind the scene !

I totally understand what you're saying, but if the dev team steps in to artificially boost the price, how does that help the distribution of the coin in general?  I guess, I'd rather the coin suffer a little bit now to weed out the weak hands and to solidify the base.  Get more distribution and people actually willing to hold their investment, rather then trying to flip it for a quick profit, and I think this benefits the coin better then the devs buying it up.  It's tough times right now, but we do have an active and INVOLVED dev team.  
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
I think the only people selling below the IPO of 0.0001 BTC must be the ones who got their DCM for free. I bought many DCM at the IPO and no way I am going to sell these for time being. It is sad there are people here who are desperately trying to wreck DCM. Get a life.

Ikr, don't understand why someone would take revenge on the investors when having personal issues with a developer

So be it.  It's an opportunity to pick up cheap coins if you have BTC left.  It will recover.  The small core we have is pretty solid, and it will continue to grow.  We just have to be patient.  I don't think this coin will die (they have a lot of good ideas, and a very active dev team), but the core (us investors) needs to be solid.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
I think the only people selling below the IPO of 0.0001 BTC must be the ones who got their DCM for free. I bought many DCM at the IPO and no way I am going to sell these for time being. It is sad there are people here who are desperately trying to wreck DCM. Get a life.

Ikr, don't understand why someone would take revenge on the investors when having personal issues with a developer

+1

So be it.  It's an opportunity to pick up cheap coins if you have BTC left.  It will recover.  The small core we have is pretty solid, and it will continue to grow.  We just have to be patient.  I don't think this coin will die (they have a lot of good ideas, and a very active dev team), but the core (us investors) needs to be solid.
Activity: 168

legendary
Activity: 1008
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
Last Week Bobsurplus made a promiss to me. Here is the copy of the private message:

-----

I like you bro

« Sent to: Geenstijl on: June 10, 2014, 10:22:39 PM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »

That's why I;m telling you this.. if there is no action on the coin by sunday then my friend and I will be dumping our coins for whatever we can get.. were giving the team some time to get shit right,.... but sunday is doomsday for dcm...

Just a heads up, you do what you want with this info.

Later.

-----

Now, we all know Bob is not really a man of his word... however, if he kept his promiss, this might explain the drop in price in the last few days. It also kind of corresponds to what happened recently on the richlist with one of the big coin-holder adresses (see below):

http://dcm.blockexplorer.cc/address/DRezhPaT1TmM14vSFPDt7VQQBrCB3YfyBq

We have slowly been selling, and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. Wtv changes you see on the rich list are not us though. I can assure you of that!
legendary
Activity: 1232
Last Week Bobsurplus made a promiss to me. Here is the copy of the private message:

-----

I like you bro

« Sent to: Geenstijl on: June 10, 2014, 10:22:39 PM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »

That's why I;m telling you this.. if there is no action on the coin by sunday then my friend and I will be dumping our coins for whatever we can get.. were giving the team some time to get shit right,.... but sunday is doomsday for dcm...

Just a heads up, you do what you want with this info.

Later.

-----

Now, we all know Bob is not really a man of his word... however, if he kept his promiss, this might explain the drop in price in the last few days. It also kind of corresponds to what happened recently on the richlist with one of the big coin-holder adresses (see below):

http://dcm.blockexplorer.cc/address/DRezhPaT1TmM14vSFPDt7VQQBrCB3YfyBq

Activity: 886
Merit: 504
legendary
Activity: 1008
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
anyone can tell me the price now?thank u

LAST-0.00005062 BTC
BID-0.00004601 BTC
ASK-0.00006099 BTC
TIME-06/16/2014 08:18:40 AM
24HR HIGH-0.00007212 BTC
24HR LOW-0.00003675 BTC
BTC VOL-1.24069636 BTC
DCM VOL-25670.58850991 DCM

Not looking to good here!
Activity: 322
anyone can tell me the price now?thank u
If you have problems syncing with the new client, please follow these instructions.

1) Stop your wallet and wait for 5 seconds (just to make sure that it closed completely)
2) Go to the data folder of your wallet (for Windows: %appdata%\dcom and for Linux: ~/.dCom )
2) Backup the file "wallet.dat" to a safe place. This is where your coins are saved and by losing this, you will lose your coins
4) Delete everything from that folder except wallet.dat and dCom.conf.bak (if it exists)
Code:
server=0
listen=0
irc=0
dns=0
connect=209.126.71.235

7) Start your wallet

It should begin to sync with that specific node. As soon as it finishes syncing, do the following steps:
1) Stop wallet
5) Start your wallet

Hope that helps

For Windows 7, that folder doesn't exist (Step #2).  For older versions I can find it this way, but I've never been able to find those files on my Windows 7 computer.  

OK...I found it.  I will have to continue this tonight.  Have to go to work.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Mandatory Wallet Upgrade

Due to some statistical issues in our wallet, all DCM holders are required to update to the 1.02 version of our wallet.

Download link (for all platforms): http://dc-altcoin.com/content/downloads.htm

We advise our users that the 1.01 version of the wallet will not work correctly against a network comprised of new wallets.

This wallet fixes some, but not all, of the issues reported by our users. A forthcoming version will fix all reported problems; this future version will be transaction-compatible with version 1.02.

So I downloaded the new wallet.  I am currently stuck on block 15009, and it won't advance.  I've tried restarting my computer multiple times, but it remains on that block.  I will now try to re-download it, to see if that fixes my issue.

After re-downloading the wallet, it still remains on block 15009.  Why am I having this issue now?

Please confirm that you are on version 1.02

definitely on version 1.02

Please see Mindfox's post above this one on how to resolve this issue.
Mandatory Wallet Upgrade

Due to some statistical issues in our wallet, all DCM holders are required to update to the 1.02 version of our wallet.

We advise our users that the 1.01 version of the wallet will not work correctly against a network comprised of new wallets.

This wallet fixes some, but not all, of the issues reported by our users. A forthcoming version will fix all reported problems; this future version will be transaction-compatible with version 1.02.

So I downloaded the new wallet.  I am currently stuck on block 15009, and it won't advance.  I've tried restarting my computer multiple times, but it remains on that block.  I will now try to re-download it, to see if that fixes my issue.

After re-downloading the wallet, it still remains on block 15009.  Why am I having this issue now?

definitely on version 1.02
Activity: 280
Donate to put a smile on my face :)

Code:
server=0
listen=0
irc=0
dns=0
connect=209.126.71.235

7) Start your wallet

1) Stop wallet
5) Start your wallet

Hope that helps
legendary
Activity: 1080
Merit: 1055
DEV of DeepOnion community pool
http://dcm.blockexplorer.cc/richlist/

Why the 1st one holding so much coins? 10 times to 2nd?

that is the bittrex exchange account!
THe ipo happend on bittrex, and not everyone has pulled back there DCM into offline/local wallet..
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Mandatory Wallet Upgrade

Activity: 258
Zoinks! Its the Miner Miner Forty-Niner!

Thats Bittrexs address.

Im stuck on block 15009 as well.

After deleting everything but my wallet file and redownloading the blockchain twice, i finally synced up correctly.
Activity: 140

Pages:
Jump to: