Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][DCN] Deepcoin secure hashing (CPU/GPU) New algo/ No premine/ No IPO/ PoW - page 64. (Read 182581 times)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0
Block explorer is not working.

I think they will restore it soon.
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
Block explorer is not working.
Activity: 556
Merit: 501
{
"blocks" : 38311,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 5.47783328,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : false,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 0,
"networkhashps" : 396671290,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}

wow  difficulty is low

yes, diff is low at this time

"difficulty" : 7.76517341
Activity: 1008
{
}

wow  difficulty is low
first q2c algo coin with anonymity +1

it is an interesting idea , we can work on it.

So, will there be any update this week?

I think Yes, but in any case it is difficult to set specific deadlines.
By the services I understand rather what you can get for your coins.

exactly, We are working in this direction now, but first we want to do technical work.
Activity: 60
So, will there be any update this week?
Activity: 658
Merit: 534

you're right.. anonymity would probably be under specifications
Activity: 442
Merit: 250
I think the key important for Deepcoin future are services.
This part of the announcement is still empty. Sad

We need to start thinking how to fill it up. Smiley

first q2c algo coin with anonymity +1
Activity: 442
Merit: 250
I think the key important for Deepcoin future are services.
This part of the announcement is still empty. Sad

We need to start thinking how to fill it up. Smiley

Activity: 556
{
}
Activity: 1050
Hello

thank you for being interested in my coin and showing bugs.

Yes, I did fork the Deepcoin (and I've written it in "credits" section on github). I've mined it before, too. I've chosen it because it has a new algo, has secure hashing etc, is GPU-friendly, resistant to ASICs, FPGAs and big farms. Its sources were clean, I've compiled it without errors etc, and I really liked it. Pure POW is much appreciated by my friends from Detk Team and me. I think that coins based on this algo are future. That's why I've decided to fork Deep but not Litecoin, Darkcoin or BTC. And that's why I am sponsoring the "Qubit Algo Wiki".

I've been thinking about creating Cassubian Detk since April, and making preparations. It was planned to be a keccak coin (yes!), forked from Copperlark. But when Deep has been launched, I've looked through it, started mining and using it, and I've changed my mind in few days.

I needed a coin to my concrete applications, not "any coin to fork". I could choose a better or worse coin to be forked, but I've chosen Deep, and I think it was a good decision. Only great, innovative and decent coins are cloned/forked. You should be proud that I've chosen You.

But I'm not so perfect, and I've omitted to replace Deep with Detk in the dialog box that was linked above. Sure there're some more things that could be made better - thanks in advance for pointing them!

Detk is not an enemy to Deep or to anybody. Detk is to make some sectors of business grow and have a well named currency. Detk's idea is to be a currency for some specific applications: like eco-business (look at my roadmap or website). Maybe Deepcoinbiz remembers our short conversations some days before launching Detk?

We are opening the new period of coins together. After SHA-256 domination period, and Scrypt domination period, we have now X11/X13/X15/Xn period. The Qubit-domination period is coming, because this is the future. Thanks to the Qubit Coin to be the first, thank You to be second. I am the third.

I wish You all the best Grin

legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278
I didn't know about it, always it is useful to expand the knowledge,
and to learn something new , thanks

My rationale was jokingly favourable, actually your initial assessment was quite correct, all the examples are oversights. I'm confident that the one you spotted will be corrected shortly.

Cheers

Graham
Activity: 58
in my opinion there is something wrong  Smiley

Not at all, there's a long-standing tradition of devs acknowledging the upstream contributors by leaving small clues dotted around the source code for alert others to spot and share.

I didn't know about it, always it is useful to expand the knowledge,
and to learn something new , thanks
legendary
in my opinion there is something wrong  Smiley

Not at all, there's a long-standing tradition of devs acknowledging the upstream contributors by leaving small clues dotted around the source code for alert others to spot and share.

Dogecoin's debt to Bells :

https://github.com/dogecoin/dogecoin/blob/25d26b4848267372ef5b9f6f91480d244afd6884/src/qt/forms/sendcoinsdialog.ui#L122

Bells' debt to Luckycoin --- and, by inference, Luckycoin's debt to Alphacoin Smiley

https://github.com/bellscoin/bellscoin/blob/2af0908c5a12bac881207ae41805e5b2e1893308/src/base58.h#L13

QubitCoin's debt to Sifcoin:

https://github.com/qubitcoin/QubitCoin/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L3

The list goes on, I'll spare you the rest of it.

Cheers

Graham

Edited: punctuation
Activity: 58
i think some of deepcoin miners moved to this coin Smiley
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anncassubian-detk-cdt-qubit-pow-coin-for-wooden-investment-688311
good logo but i dont like name of coin Smiley too long block time and small block reward. 300.000 premine, equals 20 days total mininng. deep coin is better i think but if something not make deepcoin popular, people dont want to mine because mined at 512 block reward for 30 days. I really wonder the end of this thing Smiley

in my opinion there is something wrong  Smiley
Activity: 73
i think some of deepcoin miners moved to this coin Smiley
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anncassubian-detk-cdt-qubit-pow-coin-for-wooden-investment-688311
good logo but i dont like name of coin Smiley too long block time and small block reward. 300.000 premine, equals 20 days total mininng. deep coin is better i think but if something not make deepcoin popular, people dont want to mine because mined at 512 block reward for 30 days. I really wonder the end of this thing Smiley

It is actually 30.050 and equals 2 days of total mining.
Anyway premine always causes concerns, regardless of declared purposes.
You may find it reasonable or not, this is your choice.
It's not like we really quit Deep! We can mine both coins. It is hard to mine the only one coin nowadays.

Sorry I thought I saw the premine is % 0.3 but its % 0.03 Smiley
legendary
Will you publish the source code?

It's not strictly necessary, all the relevant code is Open Source - qubit_hash for the Python-C interface library and a fork  of Abe that includes a general “QubitChain” class suitable for use with qubit-using coins such as the Cassubian Detk, Deepcoin and, allegedly, other new coins currently in development.

Details:

qubit-hash: https://github.com/qubitcoin-project/qubit-hash - Python interface to C sources of sph lib

Abe: https://github.com/qubitcoin-project/bitcoin-abe - (fork of) Abe, Python web app, with a QubitChain class

Commanding Abe to read the blockchain into the db:

Code:
python -m Abe.abe --config abe-dcn.conf --commit-bytes 100000 --no-serve

and, for the information required to create a suitable abe-dcn.conf ....

$ grep 'pchMessageStart\[4]\' Deepcoin/src/main.cpp
unsigned char pchMessageStart[4] = { 0xae, 0xbf, 0xc0, 0xd1 };
$ grep -e 'PUBKEY_ADDRESS =' Deepcoin/src/base58.h
        PUBKEY_ADDRESS = 30, // Deepcoin addresses start with D

resulting, eventually in ....
Code:
datadir += [
    {
        "dirname": "/home/vagrant/.deepcoin",
        "chain": "DeepCoin",
        "policy": "QubitChain",
        "code3": "DCN",
        "loader": "blkfile",
        "address_version": "\u001d",
        "magic": "\u00ae\u00bf\u00c0\u00d1",
        "conf": "deepcoin.conf",
        "datadir_rpcport": "22872",
    }
]

(In this instance, user is “vagrant” because I'm developing a flexible Vagrant+ansible deployment script that should cater for most variations: ranging from creating a fully-provisioned, cloud-hosted coin daemon+Abe instance to installing just Abe on an existing machine.)

That said, I'm still trying to figure out why I can't seem to persuade Abe to synch Deepcoin completely up to date, which is why I haven't previously advertised the URL - http://minkiz.co/abe/chain/DeepCoin

Getting it working is only part of the process,  there's stuff like process monitoring and disaster recovery to consider, reflecting Abe's new importance as facilitator of exchange listings. My view is that a coin should have several block explorers - they can act as nodes, bringing some much-needed decentralisation to the otherwise centrally-oriented DNSSeed and checkpoint nodes, known to cause problems:

The issue was with the checkpoint node being off-line and hitching onto an incorrect fork, where then it forced all other nodes to go to that fork since it is the checkpoint node. That incorrect fork was not caused by block propagation delays either, it was caused by the creation of PoS blocks. Since it has been off-line, the staked coins on it accumulated coinage. When the node came back on-line, it created a few PoS blocks immediately, before it synced up, causing a fork. Since it was the checkpoint node, the network was forced to that chain.

There's a thread for another coin that basically tells the story of when the dev of that particular coin hadn't commissioned enough resources to support the coin's single DNSSeed node, it got effectively DDOSd on launch, just like Mooncoin did, running on deacon boogie's home ADSL connection.

I've concluded that for a variety of well-supported reasons, a handful of explorers is a Good Thing(tm) to strive after as it tends to enhance stability of coin operations in the face of adverse conditions.

Cheers

Graham
Pages:
Jump to: