Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 119. (Read 1201324 times)

Activity: 231
Merit: 100
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
When is the new staking algorithm expected?

About 14 days form now, you can watch it live here:

https://voting.decred.org/

Just like LN... nice

Will a new version definitely be released or maybe the current one (1.05 I think) will work?

staking algo is useless unless u hoarding ... obvious scams are obvious :\ coblee, bittrex and the rest of the greedy self serving lunatics back DCR..

= caveat emptor / skull & bones<<<
Activity: 409
Merit: 250

Just like LN... nice

Will a new version definitely be released or maybe the current one (1.05 I think) will work?
Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
Also decred is bleeding a bit with those 2 days red candles everywhere

Like pretty much every other alt-coin. Healthy consolidation to shake out the weak hands.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
Also decred is bleeding a bit with those 2 days red candles everywhere
Activity: 28
Since, I couldn't find this anywhere, I put together simple spreadsheet that has a table that shows the yield (% returns) on tickets based on ticket price and fee rate.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IE1gXeYoJHU_NDw-9YMfS-nihg0D4NBpK98ecRKe1Pk/edit?usp=sharing

As you can see you would have been better off paying 1.6 DCR fee rate in the last cycle than 0.01 DCR fee rate on this cycle at 68.51 ticket price. Copy the spreadsheet and have fun with it. Would be cool if someone creates a webpage like this.

me and one other developer got our airdrop coins stolen by the DCR people..are you involved here? it sure looks like it!!! :\

~so you are up the ass of DCR? cool now we know one for sure known person involved with these crooks! ~your guys' fake airdrop was epic

The SEC will find a nice solution i'm sure since everything i say seems to fall upon deaf ears! DCR is an epic scam.

"have fun with it.." --Charlie Lee

Cool

lol
Activity: 7

Activity: 409
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028
#mitandopelomundo
Just out of curiosity, what's the longest you had to wait for a ticket to mature?
I have five tickets right now and their blockheight is from 125000 to 129000 and no vote so far.

Can somebody tell me the max stake time until a ticket is returned? Thanks.

A ticket can be voted from 24 hours after the purchase to a maximum of 142 days.
About 50% of the tickets are voted within the first month.
80% within 2 months and only 20% after 2 months.
N30
Activity: 309
Decred on Exodus wallet and Shapeshift with a new puzzle to celebrate!

The prize for who to solve is 137 DCR, more than 6,000 dollars at that moment!

This is the official link to puzzle and to download exodus https://www.exodus.io/decred/

We need translation to many other languages!
Activity: 154
Merit: 100

This is the official link to puzzle and to download exodus https://www.exodus.io/decred/

Whoah, it's a good reward. I need to take a look at the puzzle  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1401
Disobey.
Just out of curiosity, what's the longest you had to wait for a ticket to mature?
I have five tickets right now and their blockheight is from 125000 to 129000 and no vote so far.

Can somebody tell me the max stake time until a ticket is returned? Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010
Guys, have you tried dcrstats Evolution? Am I understanding it right that even if someone does not have enough DCR to buy a ticket it is possible to stake DCR with this service?
Any experiences?

No, that's not correct. Evolution simply automates the buy process for you, either by custom strategy you set, or by default strategy of the pool. If you have DCR deposited to your Evolution account, but its not enough to buy a ticket, that DCR will not be staking. Once enough DCR is available in the account though, the service will automatically buy tickets and stake them for you.

Thanks for clarifying. At first glance I thought that somehow it could do that they can stake the the rmaining unstaked coins of users and small users coins by adding them pool like, so by buying a ticket with multiple user's DCR. I was confused, beacuse I haven't heard of a live service like this yet.

Happy to shed light!  Evolution is a great service for those new to DCR (or simply don't want the bother of staking) imo.

What you described is an active request I've seen floating around though. However, implementing such a thing would absolutely be non-trivial, as a ticket doesn't just hold some reward.  A ticket is actually a very important functional vehicle for Decred: it allows holders to vote. You can see why this would be difficult: how do you fairly decide on a binary result (yes/no) given potentially non-equal input from multiple parties (those who "pooled" their funds so they could buy a ticket together)?  My thought: those type of tickets always abstain from voting. That's really sub-optimal though, since voting is such an important feature of Decred.

Your words were almost equivalent to what I was going to reply... Good man.

One idea would be to pool the funds of those with matched votes.
That would allow more capability for voting and staking and bring us closer to consensus without requiring much change to the present ticket system...

That said, I think such a proposal would have to be part of a 3rd party system, as I think the devs are pretty well taken at the moment.
Maybe Dcrstats would be interested... But pooling people's money can lead to a whole world of new risks/problems.

Cheesy

That's a nice solution, I like it. I agree though, 3rd party implementation of such a feature would be a huge mess! Already, Evolution needs to hold private keys of accounts in order to purchase voting tickets (which has its own risks/ potential problems). If something was to be implemented, I hope the base protocol is updated to accomodate. Cleaner and easier to maintain for the chain (since we'd likely want to vote on updates for the feature down the road!).
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028
#mitandopelomundo

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Simple. More money coming in the ecosystem than leaving.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
Guys, have you tried dcrstats Evolution? Am I understanding it right that even if someone does not have enough DCR to buy a ticket it is possible to stake DCR with this service?
Any experiences?

No, that's not correct. Evolution simply automates the buy process for you, either by custom strategy you set, or by default strategy of the pool. If you have DCR deposited to your Evolution account, but its not enough to buy a ticket, that DCR will not be staking. Once enough DCR is available in the account though, the service will automatically buy tickets and stake them for you.

Thanks for clarifying. At first glance I thought that somehow it could do that they can stake the the rmaining unstaked coins of users and small users coins by adding them pool like, so by buying a ticket with multiple user's DCR. I was confused, beacuse I haven't heard of a live service like this yet.

Happy to shed light!  Evolution is a great service for those new to DCR (or simply don't want the bother of staking) imo.

What you described is an active request I've seen floating around though. However, implementing such a thing would absolutely be non-trivial, as a ticket doesn't just hold some reward.  A ticket is actually a very important functional vehicle for Decred: it allows holders to vote. You can see why this would be difficult: how do you fairly decide on a binary result (yes/no) given potentially non-equal input from multiple parties (those who "pooled" their funds so they could buy a ticket together)?  My thought: those type of tickets always abstain from voting. That's really sub-optimal though, since voting is such an important feature of Decred.

Your words were almost equivalent to what I was going to reply... Good man.

One idea would be to pool the funds of those with matched votes.
That would allow more capability for voting and staking and bring us closer to consensus without requiring much change to the present ticket system...

That said, I think such a proposal would have to be part of a 3rd party system, as I think the devs are pretty well taken at the moment.
Maybe Dcrstats would be interested... But pooling people's money can lead to a whole world of new risks/problems.
legendary
Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010
Any experiences?

Happy to shed light!  Evolution is a great service for those new to DCR (or simply don't want the bother of staking) imo.

Activity: 434
Merit: 257
Any experiences?

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
Jump to: