Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 279. (Read 1201327 times)

legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085
Degenerate Crypto Gambler
When the GUI with an 1-click-installer will released and it has the possibility to stake or connect to a stakepool a lot of holder will transfer their coins from exchanges into their wallet.  This would lock a lot of coins and a pump could be possible.
At the moment it makes no sense to starting a hype.
Maybe devs have to fill their bags first before they release it Grin
Activity: 591
Merit: 501
Scavenger of Crypto Sorrow
Maybe you the devs update the title finally? This "tons of new features" without even a simple GUI so far sounds like a joke. Unless the whole project is a joke.
legendary
Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004
Is Decred the devs main project? Im getting the idea its more like a side project and they have also active in other fields and again where is the hype? without hype and excitement the price wont take off, its been how long more than a year i think but not much interesting going on?

You have this all wrong. The lack of hype and bulllshit is what makes this a good project to keep tabs on.

Hype only benefits the Pump-and-Dump
Slow and steady benefits the masses.

Haven't we learned anything from the DAO Hype

Completely agree. Lack of hype is a possitive thing.
Moreover so, when you focus on devel instead of shallow hyping. That's why I like DCR.

Listen lack of hype is fine by me as long as the devs are serious about this project and have responsibility and not see it as a side project. At the moment decred has not much new capital flowing in, how will this project aim to get the attention of new traders? Decred volume is only 15 BTC, at some point devs need to get out more into the public one would assume.

I'm hesitating to invest or not, dont want to get left with the bag on a low trading volume project with its price being the same level forever, just trying to find more confirmations to get in.

Well, there's no GUI wallet yet, DCR is not ready for mass adoption, it must be made much simpler to use first, before it's ready for the mainstream. As others said, you don't want to overhype before release like DAO etc. and then it all crashes down. I don't understand what you mean with the "is this dev's side project" thing. The devs have showed utter seriousness and dedication... of all the alt-crypto projects I am following or  have followed in the past, and there have been many, DCR has the best dev team hands down, just look at the frequency of updates, and the quality thereof! Yes, you're risking by investing now, because this is still an "ALPHA" stage of the project I would say, we're not even in the "BETA" yet (so to speak). But it's also true you stand to make a larger profit by investing now - as with everything, the earlier you get in, the more you risk, but the potential return on investment is understandably much greater. - What really confuses me is why you think the devs aren't serious? On the contrary,  they have proved over and over how serious they are. Look at this thread, we're all in awe of the quality and frequency of new versions they're dishing out. The development is phenomenal, the project is rock solid for being so innovative, and it proves the Dev subsidy model was a winning idea imo. My 2 cents.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
Is Decred the devs main project? Im getting the idea its more like a side project and they have also active in other fields and again where is the hype? without hype and excitement the price wont take off, its been how long more than a year i think but not much interesting going on?

You have this all wrong. The lack of hype and bulllshit is what makes this a good project to keep tabs on.

Moreover so, when you focus on devel instead of shallow hyping. That's why I like DCR.

Listen lack of hype is fine by me as long as the devs are serious about this project and have responsibility and not see it as a side project. At the moment decred has not much new capital flowing in, how will this project aim to get the attention of new traders? Decred volume is only 15 BTC, at some point devs need to get out more into the public one would assume.

I'm hesitating to invest or not, dont want to get left with the bag on a low trading volume project with its price being the same level forever, just trying to find more confirmations to get in.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
I agree with you guys, but i would like gui wallet.
Activity: 390
Merit: 250

Activity: 220
Merit: 101

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Crackpot Idealist

Activity: 420
Would this be worth while sticking dual on to this coin and flicking on around 1GH of power towards it? Am tempted but also concerned about extra power that is used. Anyone know how much more juice is used while mining this as well as ETH?

Your better off buying then mining, far to many large farms on this one. 1ghs will net you a low amount, around 0.38 Dcred a day.
isn't it also true that mining dcr  generates a lot more heat than lets say mining eth, so it will shorten life of gpu?

Add more coolers and try to bring the heat down. Don't worry about life of gpu. I think dcr seems to generate as equal to eth's.
Activity: 840
Would this be worth while sticking dual on to this coin and flicking on around 1GH of power towards it? Am tempted but also concerned about extra power that is used. Anyone know how much more juice is used while mining this as well as ETH?

Your better off buying then mining, far to many large farms on this one. 1ghs will net you a low amount, around 0.38 Dcred a day.
isn't it also true that mining dcr  generates a lot more heat than lets say mining eth, so it will shorten life of gpu?
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
legendary
Activity: 1428
getmonero.org
I accumulated some DCR and will buy more dips. I guess this coin is an good aspirant for an epic polo-pump this year   Grin

Could certainly use more volume though...
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085
Degenerate Crypto Gambler
I accumulated some DCR and will buy more dips. I guess this coin is an good aspirant for an epic polo-pump this year   Grin

legendary
Activity: 882

legendary
Activity: 1820
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028
#mitandopelomundo
Someone already tested the new ledger hardware wallet "nano s" with decred? https://www.ledgerwallet.com/
It's compatible with copay web wallet and as dcr uses a fork of the copay, I thought it should work.
Activity: 308
maybe  best coin to buy now.
Price is stable and is not ging down around 28k
Activity: 784
Merit: 506
some good news  , 157 btc buy wall at polo  Cheesy

What are you talking about, there isn't a 157 btc buy wall.  There is about that amount in total on the order books, but for it to be considered a wall it would all have to be at a specific amount, like 0.003 or something.

MAID for example has a 485btc buy wall at 0.0001.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
some good news  , 157 btc buy wall at polo  Cheesy
Looks like decred took attention , and at yobit it is still cheap  Wink

There was never working dcr withdraws on yobit... I ask to remove the ticker on the irc for this reason since months... and its blacklisted in yiimp source code as well Wink
Activity: 428
some good news  , 157 btc buy wall at polo  Cheesy
Looks like decred took attention , and at yobit it is still cheap  Wink
Jump to: