Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 291. (Read 1201327 times)

Activity: 352
Merit: 250
Told you the last month :

Yobit reminds me Cryptsy. Remove all your coins from this exchange.
They probably bought tickets, so they don't have good liquidity  Undecided
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Told you the last month :

Yobit reminds me Cryptsy. Remove all your coins from this exchange.
Activity: 692
Merit: 501
฿E YOUR OWN ฿ANK
anyone else experiencing issues on yobit?

i have 80 dcr withdraw stuck for 2 days now...

Hi there. Guys and at first DEVTEAM can you connect with Yobit admins and turn on DCR wallet? Its show Wallet status: Maintenance not first day in a row ppl who are sending coins on Yobit address open support tickets but not get any answers on it. All another exchanges not have same issues with your wallet. DEV help here to solve that issue plz, its needs not only guys who are not getting their deposits. Hope you  help your miners( they are too part of your community). Ty for attention.

Anyone have a contact at Yobit? Withdrawals have not been being processed for over 36 hours and the support ticket I opened has gone unanswered for 24 hours.

The great innovation that DCR has is that exchanges can not participate in POS with out buying tickets.  And if they do, they will not have the DCR for when user withdraw.

Which could explain why yobit withdrawals haven't been going out for over 48 hours.

Just over 30 hours waiting for the removal of yobit...

I've also some problem to withdraw my DCR from yobit, not a long time (about 6h) but other users in trollbox claim that they don't be able to withdraw DCR.

I hope you will talk with yobit and try to delist DCR from that exchange, stay there isn't a good PR IMHO
Activity: 314
could you share your stratum changes ? a simple pm or mail is fine...

I need to investigate to check if i can handle both protocols in a single stratum, maybe with a different extranonce size (and triple check if it is really safe)

Drop ocminer a mail or PM (he's also in IRC), he implemented it for us, looks like just a few small changes.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082
ccminer/cpuminer developer
could you share your stratum changes ? a simple pm or mail is fine...

I need to investigate to check if i can handle both protocols in a single stratum, maybe with a different extranonce size (and triple check if it is really safe)
We don't see any performance gain in using your stratum implementation, there is a working implementation, so why change it ?

We had to alter the specification in order to make it compatible with our service ... it's not a big deal really, just few, but necessary patches.

Nevertheless we'd like to offer support for stratum to our users using your service, do you have a reference implementation ?

suprnova pool already added support: stratum+tcp://dcr.suprnova.cc:2255

maxminers also added support: stratum+tcp://dcr.maxminers.net:2255

(maybe you can contact either bitcointalk user MaxMinersNet or ocminer for help with implementation to your pool)

The specifications are published here.

Best regards,
NiceHash team.

We now have Nicehash Stratum support on port 2255 too, you can point your rentals to:

stratum+tcp://dcr.pool.mn:2255

thanks ocminer for the help.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Hyperspace snail
Activity: 275
legendary
Activity: 885
Merit: 1006
NiceHash.com
We don't see any performance gain in using your stratum implementation, there is a working implementation, so why change it ?

We had to alter the specification in order to make it compatible with our service ... it's not a big deal really, just few, but necessary patches.

Nevertheless we'd like to offer support for stratum to our users using your service, do you have a reference implementation ?

suprnova pool already added support: stratum+tcp://dcr.suprnova.cc:2255

maxminers also added support: stratum+tcp://dcr.maxminers.net:2255

(maybe you can contact either bitcointalk user MaxMinersNet or ocminer for help with implementation to your pool)

The specifications are published here.

Best regards,
NiceHash team.
Activity: 252
when gui wallet is going to come out.

Asking the same, not everybody is confident with all this dos-style wallet
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Hyperspace snail
Well, we did thank you for sgminer contribution: https://github.com/nicehash/sgminer/releases/tag/5.4.0 and yes, we contacted Decred team multiple times regarding stratum support, right from the beginning - even before Decred was even launched - but there was never any real interest expressed for the implementation.

It's also the Decred users who would benefit if ccminer would have support for NiceHash stratum, but the decision is of course yours. Thanks anyway!

Thought I'd chime in to say that the reason the Decred developers couldn't be of more use at the time is because they're not miner developers. To my knowledge, only one developer PoW mines, and only casually at that. If they had the resources and time to contribute development to the points NiceHash raised and needed help with, they would have, but as you can judge by the development activity, there is currently and was at the time a lot else going on that had to take priority.

Having said that, the project is and PoW miners can be very grateful for Claymore, Epsylon3, NiceHash, Wolf0, and all the pool operators stepping up in different ways to improve PoW mining with their competencies and contributions in the area. Their presence and work helps build a much stronger ecosystem, and the developers will support them where possible if resources and time permit (goes without saying).

Is this coin broken? Withdrawal issues Im hearing? Coins not moving?
I dont know what you are talking about...
Activity: 199
Merit: 100
when gui wallet is going to come out.
legendary
Activity: 1632
Merit: 1010
Well, we did thank you for sgminer contribution: https://github.com/nicehash/sgminer/releases/tag/5.4.0 and yes, we contacted Decred team multiple times regarding stratum support, right from the beginning - even before Decred was even launched - but there was never any real interest expressed for the implementation.

It's also the Decred users who would benefit if ccminer would have support for NiceHash stratum, but the decision is of course yours. Thanks anyway!

Thought I'd chime in to say that the reason the Decred developers couldn't be of more use at the time is because they're not miner developers. To my knowledge, only one developer PoW mines, and only casually at that. If they had the resources and time to contribute development to the points NiceHash raised and needed help with, they would have, but as you can judge by the development activity, there is currently and was at the time a lot else going on that had to take priority.

Having said that, the project is and PoW miners can be very grateful for Claymore, Epsylon3, NiceHash, Wolf0, and all the pool operators stepping up in different ways to improve PoW mining with their competencies and contributions in the area. Their presence and work helps build a much stronger ecosystem, and the developers will support them where possible if resources and time permit (goes without saying).

Is this coin broken? Withdrawal issues Im hearing? Coins not moving?
Activity: 452
Merit: 251

Hello,

If anyone is interested in renting Decred hashing power to mine Decred even without having physical miners: we added Decred algorithm to NiceHash. Since original Decred specification lacks stratum support, we made a few minor patches to the Decred specification in order to be able to put support for Decred on NiceHash. The specifications are published here. Pools and mining software have to be patched in order to be compatible with the new specification. If you are a buyer you can already submit orders by using suprnova pool on special port dcr.suprnova.cc:2255 as target pool. If you are a seller (miner) you'll have to use new version of miners. A new version of sgminer has already been released, whereas the maintainers of ccminer mining software should patch ccminer and provide new release with support for the modified specifications.

Feedback welcome.

Best regards,
NiceHash team.

legendary
Activity: 885
Merit: 1006
NiceHash.com
Im not available for you, you took my work without credits and modified it without even contacting decred team.

So, no ccminer special implementation for nicehash... from me

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Can I stake on dcrstats.com using my web wallet address?

Thanks and regards to all...
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
Decred soon on the top where it belongs Cool
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082
ccminer/cpuminer developer
Hello,

If anyone is interested in renting Decred hashing power to mine Decred even without having physical miners: we added Decred algorithm to NiceHash. Since original Decred specification lacks stratum support, we made a few minor patches to the Decred specification in order to be able to put support for Decred on NiceHash. The specifications are published here. Pools and mining software have to be patched in order to be compatible with the new specification. If you are a buyer you can already submit orders by using suprnova pool on special port dcr.suprnova.cc:2255 as target pool. If you are a seller (miner) you'll have to use new version of miners. A new version of sgminer has already been released, whereas the maintainers of ccminer mining software should patch ccminer and provide new release with support for the modified specifications.

Feedback welcome.

Best regards,
NiceHash team.

Im not available for you, you took my work without credits and modified it without even contacting decred team.

So, no ccminer special implementation for nicehash... from me
Activity: 392
Hello,

Feedback welcome.

Best regards,
NiceHash team.

Added support for Nicehash's stratum too on Port 2255 (stratum+tcp://dcr.maxminers.net:2255)

Jump to: