Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 433. (Read 1201332 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 500
So what's up with the block times? Is it a diff algo bug or a feature?

What you are seeing is the effect of a phenomenon. Decred had approximately 3-4 TH/s on the network at peak, then lost 2-3 TH/s suddenly. During this time, the block interval was too fast. Now the network is compensating for this by having slower blocks, so that the average time is 5 minutes. At block 864 it will adjust again to a lower difficulty. The difficulty algorithm seeks to meet an average block time. This is the effect of "anti-instamine", if you will. Blocks are coming in, and the people mining get the same share of decred they would at a lower difficulty.

These are early days, people. The network has shown it can weather the storm and is now beginning to readjust again. The devs are working every day. The community is growing. There was even mainstream press today. The first request-for-proposals (RFP) are going up soon and a stake pool is being tested as I write this. This is a long-term project, so strap in.

That's the main issue. Diff retargeting is too slow.
What if tomorrow other 3-4 TH enter the game?
Everytime chain need to wait hundreds of blocks to readjust.
It's correct?

If to many mining power without a proper and quick readjustment every block, difficulty remain high for hundreds of blocks resulting in a slow chain.
Activity: 452
Merit: 251

What you are seeing is the effect of a phenomenon. Decred had approximately 3-4 TH/s on the network at peak, then lost 2-3 TH/s suddenly. During this time, the block interval was too fast. Now the network is compensating for this by having slower blocks, so that the average time is 5 minutes. At block 864 it will adjust again to a lower difficulty. The difficulty algorithm seeks to meet an average block time. This is the effect of "anti-instamine", if you will. Blocks are coming in, and the people mining get the same share of decred they would at a lower difficulty.

These are early days, people. The network has shown it can weather the storm and is now beginning to readjust again. The devs are working every day. The community is growing. There was even mainstream press today. The first request-for-proposals (RFP) are going up soon and a stake pool is being tested as I write this. This is a long-term project, so strap in.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
Careful you lot, the experts are out in force tonight!
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Activity: 594
Blockchain entrepreneur✔
Sold mine. I expect the price to continue to drop as airdrop guys take the free gain. I base this judgment from previous launches and expect the market to find the bottom before any substantial rise. Of course, I could also be totally wrong Smiley

no you are not wrong i totally agree

the price now is pumped and will drop to floor probably 0.0010 - 0.0015 range
No no... a lot of "non-crypto" people trust and buy coins yesterday. Now they are trying to withdraw, searching for a wallet the now from other coins (the old Gui wallet)...

This coin is to difficult for normal people/traders. They expect the old stuff (like other coins)...wallet.decred.org has alot of problems, not only by me but also other people and people have heard many bad stories about online wallets, they dont know that wallet.decred works with cookies on your own computer.

I really hope this coin become BTC V2. But too many child illnesses chases people away...I'm in an investment environment and hear the signals from all sides and other "big" long-term traders.

--
And: Dev please give a status update to the community? Say you have everything under control.
--
Activity: 588
Merit: 503
Free Julian Assange
Sold mine. I expect the price to continue to drop as airdrop guys take the free gain. I base this judgment from previous launches and expect the market to find the bottom before any substantial rise. Of course, I could also be totally wrong Smiley

Shit, really? I sure hope this predictions are wrong,...

is the floor price then is a market decision

decred is a very good project wiil be the only real ETH competitor
Activity: 686
Wow in the last hour only 4 block was mined, it is not normal i would like to have an official comment from devs about it,

No comment at all about that from devs?

They said on irc they are looking into it
Activity: 882
Wow in the last hour only 4 block was mined, it is not normal i would like to have an official comment from devs about it,

No comment at all about that from devs?
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
Wow in the last hour only 4 block was mined, it is not normal i would like to have an official comment from devs about it, if we want to improve bitcoin we can not have 4 blocks per hour. At moment price seems to have good supports in 250k satos zone let´s see how long
Activity: 560
Merit: 501

Shit, really? I sure hope this predictions are wrong,...
Activity: 588
Merit: 503
Free Julian Assange

legendary
Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018
Blockchain entrepreneur✔
@CryptoMaik go to https://wallet.decred.org
Okay, thanks. I already notice about wallet.decred.org.

but I prefer an offline wallet.

Web wallet stores your data offline too in cookies. Connection is needed only to communicate with the blockchain no seed/password is stored in any server
I dont like webwallet. At the moment i receive the following error while (more then 24h) trying to send coins:

-
Could not broadcast payment: Error querying the blockchain
-
So you don't like it because you can't send your coins. It's fucking amazing that i've made it beside hundreds of other people. . Try to send smaller amount, delete the existing transaction, etc. There are a lot of posts on this.
On al amounts a get this error. 0,62dcr 50dcr. I never had problems with any other crypto coin...

Are you sending dbits or dcr?
DCR ( i changed unit to DCR)
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006
Trainman
Activity: 350
Still cant transfer my airdrop from webwallet.
legendary
Activity: 957
Merit: 1006

Web wallet stores your data offline too in cookies. Connection is needed only to communicate with the blockchain no seed/password is stored in any server
I dont like webwallet. At the moment i receive the following error while (more then 24h) trying to send coins:

-
-
So you don't like it because you can't send your coins. It's fucking amazing that i've made it beside hundreds of other people. . Try to send smaller amount, delete the existing transaction, etc. There are a lot of posts on this.
On al amounts a get this error. 0,62dcr 50dcr. I never had problems with any other crypto coin...

Are you sending dbits or dcr?
Activity: 700
Next update should be fixing those issues for sure.
Chain working is a priority now

Gui wallet,pos pool could be done next months.

First resolve chain issue.

Activity: 690
Blockchain entrepreneur✔

-
-
Activity: 543
I still have unconfirmed coins for 2 days after I stopped mining. lol. Obsolete tech.
Jump to: