Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 493. (Read 1201332 times)

legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
What's a normal hashrate for one 280x? I keep getting 1.4/1.5, but according to dr. Google i could get ~2-2.5?

Core 1100 Mem 1500
Intensity at 14

I don't get it.

I get 1.4-1.5 too . This is 14 round blake, not 8 round, don't forget that

Ocminer, as soon as you have a windows.exe miner let us know and post link. I can test with AMD 280x or Nvidia 980M if a miner is available.

Here, I made binaries of OCMiner's git. My signature on these certifies that they are compiled from the same code on his git - I made no mods except what I needed to in order to make it cross-build for Win64. It does NOT certify that I vouch for the code, as I've not gone over it. Anyways, yeah, have some:

https://ottrbutt.com/miner/downloads/decred-cgminer/wolf-decred-cgminer-ocminer-02022016-win64.zip
https://ottrbutt.com/miner/downloads/decred-cgminer/wolf-decred-cgminer-ocminer-02022016-win64.zip.sig

Now I have to go diff the bugfixes done by ocminer and the bugfixes done by one of the Decred devs against my own private copy of cgminer that's been heavily edited and merge in the bug fixes, so I'll be busy for a bit.

linux please wolf? ...

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
Is there a simple way to setup miner ahead of time to mine on mainnet, since launch is scheduled for middle of the day on a week day? Like, if I mine on suprnova with a real address will it automatically switch me? Or somehow to run wallet and miner so that it starts solo mining as soon as network goes live?
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018
What's a normal hashrate for one 280x? I keep getting 1.4/1.5, but according to dr. Google i could get ~2-2.5?

Core 1100 Mem 1500
Intensity at 14

I don't get it.

Ocminer, as soon as you have a windows.exe miner let us know and post link. I can test with AMD 280x or Nvidia 980M if a miner is available.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
developers can deny award to this guy and divide it among all?

I got into the air drop
But i'm going to give these coins away
The idea here is you and everyone of you goes and tells
Not everyone does it, but if you can tell someone and they verify it, that's how it goes
First address: DsWtk3cFb1ya3MKNfdrC99vGTxVZuAqscvD
Extended public key: dpubZGQxpgW97FfSHzgc1HD9zcdHkcoTLa6Jt5tb2mQrL3DeWWyWQaYyqWhhjnBPnZ1rgF5nbYLsk9o nAnb4q2LnRkEdUok7mFsP7iTsBHZ1WQt
Isn't this the point of it all?
http://imgur.com/zDSfIsY

Why?
Activity: 553
Merit: 509
developers can deny award to this guy and divide it among all?

I got into the air drop
But i'm going to give these coins away
The idea here is you and everyone of you goes and tells
Not everyone does it, but if you can tell someone and they verify it, that's how it goes
First address: DsWtk3cFb1ya3MKNfdrC99vGTxVZuAqscvD
Extended public key: dpubZGQxpgW97FfSHzgc1HD9zcdHkcoTLa6Jt5tb2mQrL3DeWWyWQaYyqWhhjnBPnZ1rgF5nbYLsk9o nAnb4q2LnRkEdUok7mFsP7iTsBHZ1WQt
Isn't this the point of it all?
http://imgur.com/zDSfIsY
Activity: 616
Merit: 503
@Mansa_Godson
This means that many miners and pools are interested in the coin even before the launch which IMO it's a good sign

It's pretty good. There are already two PoW pools close to completion - developed independently by two different people. There will be a rudimentary proof-of-concept PoS pool hosted as well. The hope is that people can then take that code, improve it, and develop their own voting pools that others can join. The project can then list all of these pools and update the information so it's accessible to anyone. That will be a good start.

Let's push back another month, while we do a testnet airdrop to make sure the actual airdrop, PoS pools, and voting work as intended.

*ducks*
Nah lets wait till 2020 Smiley
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
Decred Constitution is penned. It outlines principles and acts as a framework for blockchain governance, project governance, and funding. It is open to constructive (and proper) feedback for improvement. It will guide all future decision-making.

This is great whereas Bitcoin has issues to governance regarding block size, Decred will probably solve this by proper governance. I like the concept and hopefully it will be able to solve many of Bitcoin's issues if all goes well.  Smiley

Price could really reach 100-150usd if everything works fine over years
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Decred Constitution is penned. It outlines principles and acts as a framework for blockchain governance, project governance, and funding. It is open to constructive (and proper) feedback for improvement. It will guide all future decision-making.

This is great whereas Bitcoin has issues to governance regarding block size, Decred will probably solve this by proper governance. I like the concept and hopefully it will be able to solve many of Bitcoin's issues if all goes well.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
This means that many miners and pools are interested in the coin even before the launch which IMO it's a good sign

It's pretty good. There are already two PoW pools close to completion - developed independently by two different people. There will be a rudimentary proof-of-concept PoS pool hosted as well. The hope is that people can then take that code, improve it, and develop their own voting pools that others can join. The project can then list all of these pools and update the information so it's accessible to anyone. That will be a good start.

Let's push back another month, while we do a testnet airdrop to make sure the actual airdrop, PoS pools, and voting work as intended.

*ducks*
Activity: 700
Waiting for mainnet launch.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1311
Merit: 1003
Huge update   great work.
Activity: 156
Merit: 236
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000
does PoS pooling work like in NXT? that you softlock your coins and the stake power can be used by the pool?

also, is there one in development?
Activity: 462
Nice work OC, like other times Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 957
Merit: 1006
i guess the common cpuminer implementation is blake 8 round?
want to experiment with a cpu first...

is there a windows binary of your cgminer fork? i don't have a linux-machine with a opencl capable graphics-card Wink
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240

Core 1100 Mem 1500
Intensity at 14

I don't get it.

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

Core 1100 Mem 1500
Intensity at 14

I don't get it.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
Hey folks,

I've got a DCR Pool ready for testing:

https://dcr.suprnova.cc

First the credits:
Thanks to ceejep and Wolf for the (really crazy) cgminer stuff and feeleep for the getwork and mpos testing/developing.

I'm using a special version of cgminer with some fixes, as while I was testing I encountered several problems with the original DCR cgminer implementation. My fork is here:

https://github.com/ocminer/cgminer-decred

In the original version endianness was incorrect, so (in my testing) blocks were found much less than expected, in the corrected version from my github you should find blocks (when pool mining) much more often. My version should also work on every other pool but not vice versa, so the official version is (not yet) working on my pool, you'll only get rejects. I'm in contact with cejep @ IRC to get my fixes commited to the official version and I'll also create a pull request soon. I'm still trying to get stratum implemented but there are STILL a lot of bugs and swapped things (big endian should be little endian) in cgminer. I hope to get most of the stuff fixed until the launch. Duplicate shares are a rather big problem currently.

Again: Please don't point the compiled official version to my pool - they won't work - you'd need to compile from my source !

Please be so kind and point your miner to my pool to see if the hashrate matches. Several blocks were found already, statistics are okay, hashrate calc seems to be ok and things like payouts etc. have to be tested.

Of course the pool is completely free for now, I'll add a 1% fee later on. If you see anything weird, please let me know. Either via PM here on bitcointalk or you can also get me on Twitter: @SuprnovaPools http://twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
Activity: 462

Since the interest is pretty high around Decred, i'm 100%  sure that Decred will have a good start Cheesy

Agree. Crypto currencies like Decred are worth to watch since they provide promising features and great development. Love everything looks so far with Decred, so I can't imagine when the mainnet launches. I have a couple of GPUs ready to mine them. Once Decred hits the exchanges, It will be nothing but buying and staking lots of Decred for me. A new faucet would be a good start once the mainnet launch is complete.  Grin
The faucet wouldn't be a bad idea but usually these faucets pay so little amounts that doesn't even worth a click. I can imagine a faucet which pays like 1-5-10 DCR or so, like it was with BTC at the begining when faucets paid like 50 BTC + Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

Since the interest is pretty high around Decred, i'm 100%  sure that Decred will have a good start Cheesy

Agree. Crypto currencies like Decred are worth to watch since they provide promising features and great development. Love everything looks so far with Decred, so I can't imagine when the mainnet launches. I have a couple of GPUs ready to mine them. Once Decred hits the exchanges, It will be nothing but buying and staking lots of Decred for me. A new faucet would be a good start once the mainnet launch is complete.  Grin
Jump to: