Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][DGC] Digitalcoin | Multi-algo & Masternodes | Established 2013 - page 22. (Read 523478 times)

legendary
Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000
Going with a multi-algo implementation seems like an overly complicated way to go about attempting to secure the blockchain. I'm not versed in the technical details of how a multi-algo coin functions but if the goal is to secure the blockchain then implementing auxPOW should be considered as an alternative.

DOGE went from having 60 Gh/s to 800 Gh/s after implementing auxPOW. Just realize that any dramatic increase in hashrate will have a similar dramatic increase in difficulty. Also, if miners start to receive DGC essentially for "free" it could cause downward pressure on the price from them dumping a coin (DGC) they don't care about.
Activity: 500
Merit: 501
http://digitalcoin.org/
It's a planned change, the reward scheme is going to be 5 for each algo, so 5 coins every 40 seconds. There were plans for merge-mining SHA and scrypt with only the tx fees as rewards, with x11 having a higher reward for solo miners, but we decided not to go with merge-mining until we see what the reaction is with multi-algo.

5 coins every 40 seconds on each algorithm sounds a lot like the 15 coins every 40 seconds on the Scrypt algorithm system we've been working on since the last change.

Is that right ?

86,400 seconds in a day
/ 40 seconds = 2160 blocks of 40 seconds
2160 x 5 SHA + 5 Scrypt + 5 X11 = 32,400 coins per day

I hope I've got this wrong...or the mint rate won't change at all.

Ahmed explained it a little differently last week and said there would be a big reduction in the mint rate - something like a 60% reduction if I remember correctly.

For the reduction to work I suspect it would need to be 5 coins on each algorithm every 120 seconds.

Could someone please clarify this ?

Unless I'm mistaken, each algorithm will target a 40 second block time, so we'll still have 40 second blocks across all algorithms, not 40 second blocks per algorithm. Meaning, the reward goes from 15 every 40 seconds to 5 every 40 seconds. With each algorithm targeting a 40 second block time though, the blockchain will be more secure and consistent.

TT
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
It's a planned change, the reward scheme is going to be 5 for each algo, so 5 coins every 40 seconds. There were plans for merge-mining SHA and scrypt with only the tx fees as rewards, with x11 having a higher reward for solo miners, but we decided not to go with merge-mining until we see what the reaction is with multi-algo.

5 coins every 40 seconds on each algorithm sounds a lot like the 15 coins every 40 seconds on the Scrypt algorithm system we've been working on since the last change.

Is that right ?

86,400 seconds in a day
/ 40 seconds = 2160 blocks of 40 seconds
2160 x 5 SHA + 5 Scrypt + 5 X11 = 32,400 coins per day

I hope I've got this wrong...or the mint rate won't change at all.

Ahmed explained it a little differently last week and said there would be a big reduction in the mint rate - something like a 60% reduction if I remember correctly.

For the reduction to work I suspect it would need to be 5 coins on each algorithm every 120 seconds.

Could someone please clarify this ?
Activity: 729
Merit: 502
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net
hey,

is it useful to mine digicoin at the moment ?

absolutely, block reward is going to be reduced by %66 sometime soon, best to stock up now Smiley

Is this a block halving or did the new devs reduce the inflation?  I hope it's the latter.

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1064
my main account is banned you can come on irc and confirm

No, its not. "ahmed_bodi" is not ban !

OK , that's it, I can settle this once and for all. Ahmed is a business partner in one of my businesses.

Ahmed, please go into the new exchange git (Which is a private git only Ahmed and myself have access to) and post the get_market function in trade.py from the forum handle you are using here now.

If the handle posts this correctly, I can verify that it is indeed Ahmed.

Hey dreamwatcher.
Code is as follows:
Code:
def get_market(curr,master_curr):
try:
sell = query_multi('SELECT rate, SUM(amount),SUM(m_total) FROM %s WHERE sell_order = 1 and m_currency = %%s GROUP BY rate ORDER BY rate ASC LIMIT 100' %curr,(master_curr))
buy = query_multi('SELECT rate, SUM(amount), SUM(m_total) FROM %s WHERE sell_order = 0 and m_currency = %%s GROUP BY rate ORDER BY rate DESC LIMIT 100' %curr,(master_curr))
return {'sell':sell,'buy':buy}
except Exception as e:
error_log(e,inspect.stack()[0][3])
return {'sell':[('N/A','N/A','N/A')],'buy':[('N/A','N/A','N/A')]}

Ahmed

OK, this is settled, the above code is correct. Ahmed has also told me in a private IRC chat that we keep up, that mrbodi is his new handle and that ahmed_bodi has been banned.

If his handles continue to get banned, I can use the same verification as I can add arbitrary code to the git.

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

OK , that's it, I can settle this once and for all. Ahmed is a business partner in one of my businesses.

Ahmed, please go into the new exchange git (Which is a private git only Ahmed and myself have access to) and post the get_market function in trade.py from the forum handle you are using here now.

Hey dreamwatcher.
Code is as follows:
Code:
def get_market(curr,master_curr):
try:
sell = query_multi('SELECT rate, SUM(amount),SUM(m_total) FROM %s WHERE sell_order = 1 and m_currency = %%s GROUP BY rate ORDER BY rate ASC LIMIT 100' %curr,(master_curr))
buy = query_multi('SELECT rate, SUM(amount), SUM(m_total) FROM %s WHERE sell_order = 0 and m_currency = %%s GROUP BY rate ORDER BY rate DESC LIMIT 100' %curr,(master_curr))
return {'sell':sell,'buy':buy}
except Exception as e:
error_log(e,inspect.stack()[0][3])
return {'sell':[('N/A','N/A','N/A')],'buy':[('N/A','N/A','N/A')]}

Ahmed
Activity: 729
Merit: 502
hey,

absolutely, block reward is going to be reduced by %66 sometime soon, best to stock up now Smiley
Activity: 142
Merit: 100
hey,

legendary
Activity: 1064

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

legendary
Activity: 912

What?  Why did they ban you, Ahmed?  You're one of the most legit guys I've seen on here.

Someone needs to talk to Theymos if this is an attempt to ban a legit account for ulterior motives.

Quite likely the people behind it were the army of anti-Quark trolls, after a recent post by Ahmed in the Qrk thread they think he is another persona of Digital Industry...   Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net

What?  Why did they ban you, Ahmed?  You're one of the most legit guys I've seen on here.

Someone needs to talk to Theymos if this is an attempt to ban a legit account for ulterior motives.
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
Yes i will. i have supported DGC from day 1 and will continue my work with DGC for the forseeable future.

DGC, ARG,SRC, MYR are now my primary focus

Ahmed

If you're the real Ahmed, why are you using a new account then? I don't think there's any sense in doing that.  So, are you fake?

Real Ahmed: https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/ahmedbodi-85405

Someone is out to get ahmed's account banned.  I've seen a lot of other accounts posting spam links without getting ban.  Also, I vouched for mrbodi as the real ahmed...

-tb-

Yes, this sounds like malicious intent to me.

Why is a coin dev who's just took over dev responsibilities on a well known altcoin a few days ago suddenly getting banned ?
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054
Point. Click. Blockchain
Yes i will. i have supported DGC from day 1 and will continue my work with DGC for the forseeable future.

Ahmed

If you're the real Ahmed, why are you using a new account then? I don't think there's any sense in doing that.  So, are you fake?

Someone is out to get ahmed's account banned.  I've seen a lot of other accounts posting spam links without getting ban.  Also, I vouched for mrbodi as the real ahmed...

-tb-
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007
Live like there is no tomorrow!

Ahmed

Activity: 371
It's good to hear that!. Thanks for reply

Ahmed
Activity: 371
I posted this elsewhere but I'm going to copy it here as it's the main DGC thread :

There has been a lack of publicly posted information since Baritus resigned, I'm going to set that right in this post.

Personally I favoured an immediate announcement when Baritus resigned but waited for an official notice from the DGC foundation.

This official notice didn't come so here's my version of it :

Baritus resigned with zero notice last week, he dumped the DGC. ARG and SRC projects to concentrate on the CryptoAve software.

A few days after resigning as coin dev Baritus announced that CryptoAve will close as an operating exchange and will in the future after further development work be available for licensing as a turnkey exchange package for anyone who wants to open a Crypto exchange of their own.

Ahmed has taken over coin development and has been doing some great work modernising the coin.

You can't get more blunt than that. Baritus still exists as a holder and perhaps as a miner but he's no longer participating in coin development. It's up to anyone who's left to make any changes deemed necessary now.

This is where things started to change. Late last month Baritus proposed some changes in this thread on our forum :

http://digitalcoin.co/forums/index.php/topic,1243.0.html

After some initial replies to the above post he then disappeared from the forum for about a week, mentioned something about not having time to develop the coin. Then he resigned.

The new changes since Baritus has left are going to be as follows :

"Of the technical changes being discussed, all agreed to pursue a multi algorithm system with three algorithms - scrypt,  sha256, and x11."

" It was finally agreed to stay with 40 second per algorithm block rate, and a 5 DGC per algorithm block reward.  Ahmed will adjust the initial difficulties before launch."

"Ahmed will be doing most of this work, and everything will be implemented in a testnet so that all changes can be thoroughly tested before release. "

Testing is ongoing on testnet at the moment.

There are also going to be changes to the way the difficulty is calculated although I'm not familiar with them.

As for Baritus, I haven't seen him around much since his resignation apart from the time he came back to announce the closure of CryptoAve.

From the CryptoAve thread on our forum :

http://digitalcoin.co/forums/index.php/topic,1262.0.html

"CryptoAve.Com will cease to operate as an exchange on September 15th, 9:00 PM GMT. Please withdraw all your coins and make any share trades before then. "

Will Ahmedbodi stay after implementing DGC v3?
Pages:
Jump to: