Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][DGC] Digitalcoin | Multi-algo & Masternodes | Established 2013 - page 27. (Read 523478 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Love the new "latest messages" section of the DGC forum!  Cool http://digitalcoin.co/forums/index.php

One question to the bitcointalk crowd: do you still mine DGC, and if so, which pool do you use?

I'm planning to get back into scrypt mining soon and finally buy one of the newer generation Asic blades. I just wish they would run standalone like the S1 Antminer. Oh well.
Activity: 163
Merit: 100
Activity: 323
Merit: 250
When did the block reward go from 20 to 15 coins?
Around October 2013.
legendary
Activity: 1520
Merit: 1205
When did the block reward go from 20 to 15 coins?
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007
Live like there is no tomorrow!
Many new exchanges, books, pools, and changes to the code these days, but it won't affect the current value.. Atleast, not positive.

What is your opinion about how to increase the value of DigitalCoin? As i'm almost all-in on DigitalCoin I start to get a little bit worried with the current (decreasing) price. Not that I'm going to sell any though, I'll keep them untill the end (if I ever survive that Smiley).

Activity: 35
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1520
Merit: 1205
I have spent today researching Digitalcoin.  I have read through this thread in order to gain important facts and information on how DGC has developed so far. 

Please visit my main book thread:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cryptocurrency-the-alt-ernative-beginners-reference-book-483187

Activity: 619
Merit: 501
https://www.massict.com/
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net

Baritus,

Any plans to cut the max coins supply?  140 million is massive compared to a lot of top coins.

DARK, NAUT and other top coins have severely cut their max coin caps.

It's just like a stock BuyBack and it adds value instantly to all holders.

New investors look at max dilution to figure out the market cap so it would be nice to see a max coin supply closer to like 30 million rather than 140 million.

Rhe subsidy can be cut as well to keep PoW going for a few years to ensure good network security.

Cheers!
Activity: 350
Independent Cryptoveloper
D-Lite is the new Digitalcoin Light Wallet based on Multibit.  There is currently a beta to test here:  http://digitalcoin.co/forums/index.php/topic,1064.0.html

It is best to install this on a virtual machine or perhaps run the jar file directly.  Java is required.  There are still some references to multibit left in the program.  The exchange rates do not yet work.

Unfortunately we found out in our testing that D-Lite was installed into the same folder as Multibit on a windows machine.  This would not overwrite any data (from wallets), but may have overwritten other files in the installation directory.  An update will be posted soon.
Activity: 350
Independent Cryptoveloper
D-Lite is the new Digitalcoin Light Wallet based on Multibit.  There is currently a beta to test here:  http://digitalcoin.co/forums/index.php/topic,1064.0.html

It is best to install this on a virtual machine or perhaps run the jar file directly.  Java is required.  There are still some references to multibit left in the program.  The exchange rates do not yet work.

Have fun!
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Just upgraded to DigitalCoin V2.0! Running smoothly.

Any ETA on this? ->

"Hello,

CryptoAve will be adding DOGE, DRK, NXT, BC, VRC, XC, MAX and MYR shortly.

They will also be added to the payment processing services once the services are launched.

Thank you."

Activity: 436
Just wondering what Bitcoin code version the new DigitalCoin 2.0 core code is based on?
And does it support BIP 020?
Activity: 190
★ BitClave ICO. Join NOW ★
I think a topic like this should have been advertised here as well as on Twitter. I know it was on Twitter because I retweeted it, and also read and commented it.
http://digitalcoin.co/forums/index.php/topic,1153.0.html

I think its really important that as a community we keep the flow of information flowing between forums as much as possible. If we prefer to do more private conversation on the DGC forum, that's fine. But the lack of comments in that topic is what is worrying about the whole-state of alternate coins. Community members are only active when the coin is profitable. We're all tired of shitcoins and I have to wonder if we're all slowly giving up on the idea that any one coin can just do something. I guess it comes down to us to not only reject new coins and new algos completely but to keep mining a coin and hold it beyond what the value is shown. It also comes down to whoever wants to be in charge of the coin to contact entities outside of the Crypto-world and get merchants, USD-whatever exchanges setup for a real business to work with.

I think we're all confused on who needs to be making these decisions, and it would be good for everyone if we all decided on leaders and listed projects. Maybe assigning some of these tasks out to people with deadlines is what we really need... Directed movement If I'm wrong and these tasks have been assigned out and I am clearly blind, then my apologies. But it just doesn't seem like there is any movement anywhere to believe that it has been pushed out.

legendary
Activity: 1572
Merit: 1002
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007
Live like there is no tomorrow!
Keeping this coin till it hits $2-2.5 Smiley

Lowballin it

I won't spend or sell not a single DGC until 15-20$.  Wink

That's the thing with cryptocoins. I wonder what the prices will look like if I login into cryptsy on 23-6-2015

I think that's very hard to predict. One way, more and more Scrypt ASICs are on the market so the total hashrate increases, this might cause lower prices because the supply increases. Other way, this also means a higher difficulty. And some coins become rare, however that's not yet the fact for DigitalCoin.

Anyway, I HODL too. Most of my total worth in BTC is stored in DGC Wink.
Activity: 171

Lowballin it

I won't spend or sell not a single DGC until 15-20$.  Wink

That's the thing with cryptocoins. I wonder what the prices will look like if I login into cryptsy on 23-6-2015
Activity: 473

Lowballin it

I won't spend or sell not a single DGC until 15-20$.  Wink
Activity: 786
Merit: 1000
Pages:
Jump to: