Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]Donationcoin (DON) | Revival | Cryptopia | Scrypt PoW - page 15. (Read 35462 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

Salford City Radio is the first response from the Press Release.

We will be appearing on the 17th June 2014 @ 11am-12pm (GMT).

You can listen live here - http://www.salfordcityradio.org/listen.php

Or if you are in the Salford area in the UK you can tune in on 94.4FM
Activity: 212
    Hello everyone.  I just wanted to say thank you and good job on supporting Donationcoin.  Judging by the voting stats that were just posted I can see many of you have voted for us.  As a token of my appreciation, I will be running block rewards on pool.donation-coin.org for the next 500 blocks on 5/29/2014 @ 12pm GMT (8am EST.)

Thank you all!

-Donationcoin Dev Team

Had a look at the Voting on Swisscex and totalled the BTC paid votes to 6690 in total.

That means we have 3982 Organic Votes, well done everyone.

Keep on voting and we will be on Swisscex by Sunday 1st June!!!!
My only guess is Bleutrade is far too small an exchange with inexperienced users who do not research coins hard enough or know the true value or simply will sell at any rate for any BTC.

I can assure you Donationcoin isn't dumping on the market and at anytime we have BTC we are attempting to raise the price.

But sadly it simply drops by someone selling at really low rates to the buy wall.
Activity: 250
Merit: 250
Why price is constantly dropping?
Activity: 126
Donationcoin (DON) has been added to 'The Big List Of Alternative Cryptocurrencies And Their Trading Symbols' - http://altcoinherald.com/altcoin-lists/list-alternative-cryptocurrency-trading-symbols/  Grin

So I used some scraping techniques to pull all the newsdesks email addresses I could get internationally. Press Release sent.

Activity: 454
Reply from Poloniex:

Hi Developers,
Thank you for your interest in Poloniex.  I will make Tristan aware of this coin.  I keep a list for him, and he monitors the coins on that list.  If he has questions, he will ask.

Thank You & Warm Regards,

Angela
Ticket: http://poloniex.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/tickets/4506

Hope you will receive a positive reply, DON can use a bigger exchange to reach out more investors.
Reply from Poloniex:

Hi Developers,
Thank you for your interest in Poloniex.  I will make Tristan aware of this coin.  I keep a list for him, and he monitors the coins on that list.  If he has questions, he will ask.

Thank You & Warm Regards,

Angela
Ticket: http://poloniex.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/tickets/4506
The don.cystum.net mining pool which was owned by Syyyn (Donationcoin Developer) has been closed and he has moved over to the Official Mining Pool.

We feel we should announce this so that people do not think that a mining pool has dropped us for any reason.

Happy Mining Smiley
We have emailed (see below) Bleutrade as our actual Satoshi average is 12059 Satoshi but their system only shows the last 24 hours which is 510 Satoshi.

Hello Bleutrade,

After careful analysis we can see because of your exchange displaying just the last 24 hours of trade, it has shown a lower and lower average to Donationcoin as trade volume has decreased and the days have past. If you take a look at this - http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/pair/don/btc/bleutrade/ytd this is the overall trade of Donationcoin against BTC on Bleutrade, our actual satoshi average price is in fact 12059 Satoshi and because you only show the last 24 Hours trade the average is up as 510 Satoshi. This in combination with our trade volume decreasing has caused people to think our price is dropping and they are selling to follow the trend. Due to this we request that you change the volume to overall trade volume and give users the option to have a total volume, yearly volume, monthly and daily if they wish to view it.

We also request that you add the option to travel the sell and buy walls to see all trades that are listed.

We look forward to hearing from you,

Donationcoin
Centarra's response:

Donationcoin,

nenolod added a message to ticket 4131:

This was a very large attack which required upstream intervention to mitigate, and is not in the realm of normality for our service.

We are constantly working to improve our network capacity in order to increase our mitigation capacity, however this was a targeted attack designed to damage our own internal infrastructure in retaliation for successfully mitigating an attack against another customer.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

======
ID: 4131
Opened: 6 minutes ago
Department: Support

So as you can see no matter what level of DDoS protection we had, it made no difference. VPS mirrors on their way Smiley
If you guys wanna keep checking on Syyyns progress then go here - http://explorer.donation-coin.org/ 
Just messaged Centarra (our VPS provider) this message:

So what happened? DDoS attack. We paid to have DDoS protection, main reason we chose you. How can you compensate for the downtime?

We await their reply.

If I read this chart correctly, our actual average is 3990 Satoshi.

But because Bleutrade shows just the previous 24 hours trade volume, the average it shows a lot lower at 550 Satoshi.

Correct me if I am wrong. I am not a financial analyst.
Official Mining Pool is back up and running.

DDOS mitigated successfully.

Continue Mining Smiley
Message from our VPS provider for the Donationcoin Official Mining Pool:

"We are currently working as fast as possible to mitigate a very large DDoS attack targeted at our core infrastructure."

We are currently creating backup VPS's for the Pool and Block Explorer. This will be a thing of the past very shortly.

Considering we have DDOS protection with Centarra who hosts the VPS we shall be having words.

All Donationcoin are safe, shares are safe and workers etc. are all in place still.
Syyyn is fixing the read-out on the block spacing on the pool. It's not a KGW related error. Simply pool related.
Activity: 250
Merit: 250
Yes CPU is not for KGW, DonDev is mistaken.

As you say GPU will be killed off by ASIC miners. KGW is working.

We are pumping the price as those sell/buy orders are a joke.

Ok.
Yes CPU is not for KGW, DonDev is mistaken.

As you say GPU will be killed off by ASIC miners. KGW is working.

We are pumping the price as those sell/buy orders are a joke.

Pages:
Jump to: