Author

Topic: [ANN][EAC] EarthCoin *SEEKING NEW EXCHANGES - HUGE VOLUMES BEING MISSED! - page 518. (Read 840324 times)

Activity: 221
Merit: 100
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
what's the word on a working linux client?

Coming now - we'd love someone to verify it asap once they test it please.

Will post a link in the next 10-20min.
Activity: 193
caN't open QT/client
this is the error I get

" Run time Error!

This program has requested the Runtime..."

FIXED by deleting .conf file
already backed up wallet.dat
Activity: 140
90% of being smart is knowing what you are dumb at
You have been very helpful tonight flasheart...care to post exactly what the .bat file should look like for starting the wallet?   i have cgminers down...but not the wallets

I did in my previous post.  Mine looks like this.... earthcoin.bat

earthcoin-qt.exe -server
pause

that's it.  put in your directory that has earthcoin-qt.exe and a shortcut to your desktop or whatever.

and thanks  Cheesy
Activity: 1344
Merit: 261
what's the word on a working linux client?
legendary
Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000
It's great there is this much interested in mining it, but when will it be listed on an exchange and coinmarketcap?

The major exchanges don't normally list coins released as a vehicle to enrich the devs with a scandalous premine. Don't hold your breath.

Would like to address this again.

Limbaugh, thank you for your critique and I understand/hear the criticism loud and clear. Nothing I say here can make you feel at ease but I'm going to try anyway.

People have been trying to launch the ultimate balance of maths/coins/volume/premine/etc. since the alt scene hit. Some have premined 0%, 1%, 10%, 50% and recently 98%. None have really managed to get it right and all can be looked at as Limbaugh describes if one chooses to. If we did absolutely no premine, nobody would have incentive and we'd be doing everything in-house. If we did 10% people would freak out way more, 50% to 90% and ok you got yourself a very risky situation.

This balance of everything that we chose to try to enter the market with, and the rate we steadily see the coins being distributed/mined = by the time any exchanges open up - we hope there will be way more mined, bountied, givenaway than any of the bigger holders can dump on. I personally do NOT want to see anyone sell any for a long time but that's human nature, some will sell all fast - some won't. This project has personally been extremely taxing on my time/stress/dealing with the growth this fast/I don't think I could go down this journey again. Thus this one has to count and we will be doing anything we can to ensure that nobody has the ability to simply kill it, including anyone in the internal team.

While I can't preach that 'we got it right' just yet, a lot of thought went into how to roll out and no matter what the combo of variables I think we would still get some critics so no harm no foul. Just part of the process of entering an exploding industry that deserves criticism due to the risk involved.

Actions speak louder than words and we're trying our best to show you guys good strategy and a safe long term journey with good damage control for unforeseens and critics. However until that happens naturally - I welcome skeptics and critics to watch from the sidelines with eyebrow raised and let time tell if you'd like to be involved or not. Until then there is no need to assume anything negative please - give us a chance and at least some benefit of doubt before throwing this under the bus, and you just might be pleasantly surprised by this projects results in 2014.

Thank you.

You better plan on a whole lot of transparency if you hope to salvage an already damaged reputation.
Activity: 182
It's great there is this much interested in mining it, but when will it be listed on an exchange and coinmarketcap?

The major exchanges don't normally list coins released as a vehicle to enrich the devs with a scandalous premine. Don't hold your breath.

Limbaugh, thank you for your critique and I understand/hear the criticism loud and clear. Nothing I say here can make you feel at ease but I'm going to try anyway.

People have been trying to launch the ultimate balance of maths/coins/volume/premine/etc. since the alt scene hit. Some have premined 0%, 1%, 10%, 50% and recently 98%. None have really managed to get it right and all can be looked at as Limbaugh describes if one chooses to. If we did absolutely no premine, nobody would have incentive and we'd be doing everything in-house. If we did 10% people would freak out way more, 50% to 90% and ok you got yourself a very risky situation.

This balance of everything that we chose to try to enter the market with, and the rate we steadily see the coins being distributed/mined = by the time any exchanges open up - we hope there will be way more mined, bountied, givenaway than any of the bigger holders can dump on. I personally do NOT want to see anyone sell any for a long time but that's human nature, some will sell all fast - some won't. This project has personally been extremely taxing on my time/stress/dealing with the growth this fast/I don't think I could go down this journey again. Thus this one has to count and we will be doing anything we can to ensure that nobody has the ability to simply kill it, including anyone in the internal team.

While I can't preach that 'we got it right' just yet, a lot of thought went into how to roll out and no matter what the combo of variables I think we would still get some critics so no harm no foul. Just part of the process of entering an exploding industry that deserves criticism due to the risk involved.

Actions speak louder than words and we're trying our best to show you guys good strategy and a safe long term journey with good damage control for unforeseens and critics. However until that happens naturally - I welcome skeptics and critics to watch from the sidelines with eyebrow raised and let time tell if you'd like to be involved or not. Until then there is no need to assume anything negative please - give us a chance and at least some benefit of doubt before throwing this under the bus, and you just might be pleasantly surprised by this projects results in 2014.

Thank you.

Roll Eyes

are you this guy?

https://twitter.com/CryptoBoomer

I am glad you guys settled for only ~300million coins at 2% instead of 1.5Billion at 10% lol.....
Activity: 756

Thank you.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I shall be established in accordance with the prompt “earthcoin.conf” file, then open the wallet, prompt error 15678 port, how to do with this?
Activity: 56
Either there has been a flood of new members into the Alt coin section because of this coin or someone went on a serious account creation binge. Based on the interaction and attention I think it it is the former.

I personally have been a reader but not participant of the forums for weeks now... I missed some of the boat with DOGE, got in just before Crypsy and solo mined a few mil coins (which I converted to LTC)... that said I found its in my best interest to be attentive to all new coins and the market in general.  I feel this coin has a better chance at success then DOGE (as I think others do as well) so you have a flood of new people participating in the discussion.  At least that's my story.

Personally, I've only really been involved in crypto currencies since Thanksgiving (there was a lot of media attention that got many new people like myself engaged)... As we go thru our learning curve of digesting information (as I  have done over many late night hours), I now want to be part of the conversation.

I'm starting to sound repetitive.

Need more beer.... that will fix it.

This is pretty similar to me. I only started mining altcoins about a week and a half ago and have been having a lot of fun trying to find the most efficient routes / gambling with the newer coins.

This one has nice presentation which helped with adoption and since I was able to get in early I'm going to support it as it has the most potential for me. I'm even looking at setting up a dedicated mining rig soon since it seems like a fun hobby
Activity: 224
DigiByte Founder
Anyone have a # on the total amount of EAC mined up to this point?
legendary
Activity: 1311

Activity: 44
earth.vircurpool.com
is a black pool,plz remove it!

What do you mean with Black Pool if, ill can ask?
Thanks
Activity: 294
Just a general update for now:

Deviant has been compensated with eac and we appreciate the patch a lot. Smiley It is now officially part of our github set (was removed to audit/compare for a short while, it's there now for good).

Dev team is monitoring closely and still comparing/auditing, glad to see more and more pools stabilizing.

Those asking for exchanges, we'd actually rather NOT be on any yet. Still need time to let this get mined and adopted, giveaways complete for a few rounds, bounty's/tools getting developed, some shops taking on the coin, etc. We fear that if Cryptsy lists it as is now it may have the same effect as many that get listed prematurely and phase out after initial spike.

Feel free to suggest tools you guys would like - we'd be happy to have you help us shape a part of the bounty collectively for most useful stuff for you guys to have available. Device apps, checkers/tickers/calculators/prediction tools, cool marketing assets, write-ups/instructions (even for the most basic stuff/wallet use/install/mining - all nicely branded etc for the noob to crypto to understand easily).. Also perhaps a new website contest if you guys aren't feeling this one.

We should have some source files available soon too for any designers out there re photoshop and vector originals of the logo's, color pallets, gold coins etc.

Still have a bounty out for a MAC build of the client for 100,000eac

Linux 32bit client done - will be available on the website and I'll post a link here soon.

Checking the sales thread, it's interesting watching a community balance out and set an initial value to these coins, first time seeing this part of the process myself. I'm sure the balance will happen naturally before any large volume is moved or exchanges set us up (if others care to pitch in feel free, values are all over the board and I assume this is what happens on brand new coins).

Thank you.

correct:  I was provided a bounty for fixing the client.
Activity: 231
earth.vircurpool.com
is a black pool,plz remove it!
legendary
Activity: 1456
Thanks for initial batch - I'm officially on the mother earthcoin ship Grin
Activity: 14
Activity: 364
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!
I got a strong feeling that earthcoin will be big someday. Smiley
Activity: 280
You have been very helpful tonight flasheart...care to post exactly what the .bat file should look like for starting the wallet?   i have cgminers down...but not the wallets
Jump to: