Author

Topic: [ANN][EAC] EarthCoin *SEEKING NEW EXCHANGES - HUGE VOLUMES BEING MISSED! - page 527. (Read 840324 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Thank you Devianttwo,

http://eac.poolerino.com/ is running with patched version. Lets see if it changes something.

Mike

no prob. gl.
Activity: 308
Thank you Devianttwo,

http://eac.poolerino.com/ is running with patched version. Lets see if it changes something.

Mike
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
what on earth happened to http://earth.scryptmining.com?
I went to sleep mining there woke up on my backup pools and the pool has been down ever since.
Will I be able to transfer out my earnings?!
BUMP
Activity: 224
DigiByte Founder
VirCurPool has a hashrate of 616 while HackShardGaming is at 269. Vircurpool has found 6 blocks in the last hour, Hackshard 18. Obviously this patch explains the issue with all the other pools. I just mined more in 30 minutes on Hackshard than I have in 5/6 hours on other pools throughout the day.
Devianttwo: you said someone told you that this code is in Litecoin codebase, that someone deleted it in some clone. I checked the Litecoin codebase, the code you said is not there.

Can you be more clear where you "copy" the code from? It may fix some issues that Litecoin may even has. Let's check with Litecoin devs. All our codes are based on Litecoin.

As I have said.  Apparently I was wrong on when it was removed.  I got the patched code from the developer of stratum-mining-litecoin.  The patch fixes the internal server error 500. He told me it was removed in some coins that he had patched. Obviously he lied about that. However the result is the same. It fixes internal server error: 500.  I do not know why the internal server error: 500 shows up in the first place.  All I know is this patch fixes it.  If you don't believe me then fine remove it from your repo and I'll be the only pool having a high efficiency rate.

OK so I understand it now that it is a patch from a pool side, not from Litecoin devs. They may incorporate the fix next time when they release a newer version. That's good.

Possibly.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Devianttwo: you said someone told you that this code is in Litecoin codebase, that someone deleted it in some clone. I checked the Litecoin codebase, the code you said is not there.

Can you be more clear where you "copy" the code from? It may fix some issues that Litecoin may even has. Let's check with Litecoin devs. All our codes are based on Litecoin.

As I have said.  Apparently I was wrong on when it was removed.  I got the patched code from the developer of stratum-mining-litecoin.  The patch fixes the internal server error 500. He told me it was removed in some coins that he had patched. Obviously he lied about that. However the result is the same. It fixes internal server error: 500.  I do not know why the internal server error: 500 shows up in the first place.  All I know is this patch fixes it.  If you don't believe me then fine remove it from your repo and I'll be the only pool having a high efficiency rate.

OK so I understand it now that it is a patch from a pool side, not from Litecoin devs. They may incorporate the fix next time when they release a newer version. That's good.
Activity: 224
DigiByte Founder
Alright I have submited the request to the Ops so now I will post it here.  

POOL OWNERS PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE

the Default earthcoind is broken and giving you tons of internal server error 500 errors while submiting blocks.  Don't believe me? check your stratum.log.  I have submited a pull request to the official github with a patched version of this client.  This client will resolve all error code 500's and cause your blocks per hour to SKYROCKET!  You can download the patched client @ http://github.com/Devianttwo/earthcoin  You can also see all the changes that where done compared to the main github as well.  This is for Linux building only.  I do not know how to compile a windows version. and this is not for the QT its only for the daemon.

If you would like to donate to me for helping with this patch please send any amount of Earthcoins to the following address
eh3qUAFZqWYuNSurVbT83xoS5bbeeZVgLi

Thanks everyone and please enjoy

Patch Link: http://github.com/Devianttwo/earthcoin
Official Pull link for comparison: https://github.com/earthcoinproject/earthcoin/pull/2

DON'T FORGET TO PATCH!

**EDIT** Patch has now been MERGED! Please update your earthcoind!!

This part of the code is the same for all alt coins, and it is the first time I heard the problem with this. Did you experience the same issue with your pool on LottoCoin?

There's no change at all for this code as compared to the Litecoin codebase. Maybe it's a good idea you check with Litecoin dev thread to see if this is a real issue or not.

The reason this bug exists is because the specific developer of the specific coin that you cloned was purposely deleting this section of code from the file that I modified.  I fixed this part of the code for you since you did not notice it.  YES its the same code that litecoin has. YES its the same code that MOST other coins have.  This section of code was missing from not only Lottocoins but your coin as well.

which version of Litecoin has the code you mentioned?

Almost all of them have the patched submitblock. or another method to prevent the error 500.

Which one? Be no vague. For example, let me tell you, the 0.6.3 version does not have it. And many alt coins are based on 0.6.3, including this one.

I have no objection if you found this fix and add to it. I am just saying that this is the same code from Litecoin.

BTW, no one has "deleted" it from the code.

I'm only telling you people what I was told.  If i'm wrong I apologize.  the fact is the code was missing. I patched it and released the patch for everyone.  I could have just kept it to myself and not told anyone but I'm a much better person then that.  I don't see what all the fuss is about.  So I got some of the wrong information that I said. So what? The coins fixed! Lets move on.

I'll check the latest Litecoin code to see if it has it. It's good you spot it, no need to make it a big deal. It is not. Many coins are running at the same codebase, and I heard no pool owner ever complained. If it is a true issue, it's a small one. Still good to fix it.

I checked, it is not even in the latest Litecoin 0.8.5.1 codebase. I am wondering if we really need it. I'll do some more investigation on it.

Ok Look let me put it this way. You want proof you need it? Go look at EVERY SINGLE POOL except eac.hackshardgaming.net  They where averaging 1000% estimate shared rates. and if you have them look in there stratum.log they will show tons of Internal Server Error: 500.  This is not the case with the patch I gave you.  My pool is at 124% Estimated Shares rate.  Way better then any other pool.  Don't just take my word for it. ask all the pool owners.
+1 Thats why I am mining on this pool now. Much better payout. Smiley

the Default earthcoind is broken and giving you tons of internal server error 500 errors while submiting blocks.  Don't believe me? check your stratum.log.  I have submited a pull request to the official github with a patched version of this client.  This client will resolve all error code 500's and cause your blocks per hour to SKYROCKET!  You can download the patched client @ http://github.com/Devianttwo/earthcoin  You can also see all the changes that where done compared to the main github as well.  This is for Linux building only.  I do not know how to compile a windows version. and this is not for the QT its only for the daemon.

If you would like to donate to me for helping with this patch please send any amount of Earthcoins to the following address

Official Pull link for comparison: https://github.com/earthcoinproject/earthcoin/pull/2

DON'T FORGET TO PATCH!

This part of the code is the same for all alt coins, and it is the first time I heard the problem with this. Did you experience the same issue with your pool on LottoCoin?

There's no change at all for this code as compared to the Litecoin codebase. Maybe it's a good idea you check with Litecoin dev thread to see if this is a real issue or not.

The reason this bug exists is because the specific developer of the specific coin that you cloned was purposely deleting this section of code from the file that I modified.  I fixed this part of the code for you since you did not notice it.  YES its the same code that litecoin has. YES its the same code that MOST other coins have.  This section of code was missing from not only Lottocoins but your coin as well.

Almost all of them have the patched submitblock. or another method to prevent the error 500.

Which one? Be no vague. For example, let me tell you, the 0.6.3 version does not have it. And many alt coins are based on 0.6.3, including this one.

I have no objection if you found this fix and add to it. I am just saying that this is the same code from Litecoin.

I'm only telling you people what I was told.  If i'm wrong I apologize.  the fact is the code was missing. I patched it and released the patch for everyone.  I could have just kept it to myself and not told anyone but I'm a much better person then that.  I don't see what all the fuss is about.  So I got some of the wrong information that I said. So what? The coins fixed! Lets move on.

I'll check the latest Litecoin code to see if it has it. It's good you spot it, no need to make it a big deal. It is not. Many coins are running at the same codebase, and I heard no pool owner ever complained. If it is a true issue, it's a small one. Still good to fix it.

I checked, it is not even in the latest Litecoin 0.8.5.1 codebase. I am wondering if we really need it. I'll do some more investigation on it.

Ok Look let me put it this way. You want proof you need it? Go look at EVERY SINGLE POOL except eac.hackshardgaming.net  They where averaging 1000% estimate shared rates. and if you have them look in there stratum.log they will show tons of Internal Server Error: 500.  This is not the case with the patch I gave you.  My pool is at 124% Estimated Shares rate.  Way better then any other pool.  Don't just take my word for it. ask all the pool owners.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Quite hard to mine right now. Any good pools ?

DON'T FORGET TO PATCH!

It could be a bug, that I'll check with Litecoin devs.
legendary
Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

Now I see haters coming out... no one asked you to mine this coin, if you don't like it, just ignore it. It's a free world here.

Yes, a free world to profit off ignorant noobs with a 300 million coin con game premine.

Petition Cryptsy to never let Earthcoin trade and prevent this scumbag from ever cashing out.

y u mad brah

Are you retarded?
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
So this coin has 9 developers and it still took 1 outside guy to fix the issue.
Ironic, isnt it?
Cheesy

Actually if you look on the lottocoin release page Me and about 4 other pools started complaining about the problem.  This is before I investigated and found someone to patch the  daemon for me.  Which btw I paid a pretty penny for.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=368153.msg4065992;topicseen#msg4065992

is one spot that its listed in.  And the other posts are around the same page.
Activity: 322
You're a good man deviant.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0

Now I see haters coming out... no one asked you to mine this coin, if you don't like it, just ignore it. It's a free world here.

Yes, a free world to profit off ignorant noobs with a 300 million coin con game premine.

Petition Cryptsy to never let Earthcoin trade and prevent this scumbag from ever cashing out.

y u mad brah
Activity: 551
Merit: 500

DON'T FORGET TO PATCH!

the Default earthcoind is broken and giving you tons of internal server error 500 errors while submiting blocks.  Don't believe me? check your stratum.log.  I have submited a pull request to the official github with a patched version of this client.  This client will resolve all error code 500's and cause your blocks per hour to SKYROCKET!  You can download the patched client @ http://github.com/Devianttwo/earthcoin  You can also see all the changes that where done compared to the main github as well.  This is for Linux building only.  I do not know how to compile a windows version. and this is not for the QT its only for the daemon.

DON'T FORGET TO PATCH!

The reason this bug exists is because the specific developer of the specific coin that you cloned was purposely deleting this section of code from the file that I modified.  I fixed this part of the code for you since you did not notice it.  YES its the same code that litecoin has. YES its the same code that MOST other coins have.  This section of code was missing from not only Lottocoins but your coin as well.

The info I said was what I was told by the guy that I paid to help me fix this coin.  If its wrong I apologize.  However, I noticed the issue on the earthcoind and I patched it. Messaged the OP who told me to push it to the github and he would have his coin dev fix it.  So I did that and posted on here.  Now instead of only my pool having a patched client all pools can have the patched client. This is a plus for everyone.  Your saying that this is the same code as from Litecoin. Ok good, I didn't know that thank you. It was still missing from the coin causing rejected blocks.  Now its patched and not rejecting blocks. so now we can all smile.
Jump to: