Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][EDU] EduCoin | Blockchain Platform for Education - page 9. (Read 170137 times)

Activity: 167
Merit: 100
Thanks Korshan for the idea.

Who are the users coming to this forum?  Very curious who believes in EduCoin and why.

Edumoto
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Hi,

I like what Edumoto says. A lot. And most notably he is right when he suggests Educoin does indeed have a place within the crypto-sphere, but that place isn't secure, nor is it guaranteed.

Some months ago I donated 750k Educoin to a UK based education charity (they build schools in Ghana). I've been wanting to donate more to an ex-student who is now an ambassador for a Dyslexia charity in the UK, but I've held off that donation in anticipation of the reverse split.

Of course, the real issue is that for the time being the coin cannot be exchanged for educational items, or content. But there's no reason why that won't change if such people and charities want to exchange it for educational items, or content.

If I may, I'm gonna make this suggestion, and though a suggestion I hope you'll read it as an essential next step. Give it away, fellas (and Dudettes). Find a local educational charity and drop them an email stating your desire to give them something that may one day be useful. Give them 100k. Heck, just think of it as dropping your loose change into a charity box outside a convenience store, after all, that's about what it's worth right now Smiley Next month, donate some to a young family member who is about to head to college.

If we all do that 10 times over the next 10 months, we'll each have dropped a million, but the coin will have gained exposure AND be in the hands of the people it's meant to work for.

I mean, wouldn't you rather have 500k of useful coins rather than 5mill of useless ones?

Hi J,

Yes, I am here in the forum and am continuing to apply what I've learned from start-ups in San Fran to the educoin project. I am glad that there are a small group of long-term early adopters here in the forum, but what we really really need is a user base of early adopters. Let's for the time being forget the monetary exchange value, and focus on the technology and people.

- We have a good brand and organizing purpose (for instance, we are not out there to replace bitcoin but rather function as a subset or category leader), but what can we do with the technology (codebase) to give that purpose strength and utility?
- We do not have any technical people on the EduCoin project who can help us at the moment, at least any that I am aware of
- We do not have momentum. I am happy to see we are still here, but that's not a guarantee for long term success.

Edumoto

Glad to see this project is still alive

Yes, this project is alive!  

I have been thinking about the question, "What is the one thing EduCoin does well?"  In my opinion we have been funding student led hackathons, CTFs, and other school activities in a way that shows potential.  Aside from the current exchange value limiting EDU's utility, how can be broaden and build on this to make it more useful for students?  

-Edumoto

Thanks edu, though it's been a few weeks since this post. Has any progress been made?
Are einsteinium and bags on the team yet? Should we start mining this again?

Cheers,

J
Activity: 706
Merit: 500

I have been thinking about the question, "What is the one thing EduCoin does well?"  In my opinion we have been funding student led hackathons, CTFs, and other school activities in a way that shows potential.  Aside from the current exchange value limiting EDU's utility, how can be broaden and build on this to make it more useful for students?  

-Edumoto

Thanks edu, though it's been a few weeks since this post. Has any progress been made?
Are einsteinium and bags on the team yet? Should we start mining this again?

Cheers,

J
Activity: 13
site error:  HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.

ty.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003
Well, That's Crypto :-\
Thanks for responding edumoto, as previously stated I believe EDUcoin holds more promise than most.
Activity: 50

me too Smiley

-Edumoto
Activity: 1344
Merit: 502
We will help you to reorganize your team then revive the coin

Are you willing to be part of the reorganization team?
Yes, I will. I am ready to do web development: site, block explorer, pool, Crowdfunding site. I have a server where we can keep all this.

Thank you for your offer Bags.

Greetings from Silicon Valley, where I am currently located. I realize that EduCoin has had endured for months with questions of "What's next" and we really have not gained much traction from our peak when we appeared on Coinmarketcap in the Spring.

What I realize now as we approach month 10, is the need for technical co-founders. I would be happy to discuss this with anyone who shares the EduCoin vision and really sees that we are here to stay.

Contact me at [email protected] to discuss.

--Edumoto
Activity: 17

Yes, I will. I am ready to do web development: site, block explorer, pool, Crowdfunding site. I have a server where we can keep all this.
Activity: 536
Merit: 252
EMC2 still offering help if you want our help.
Edumoto more months does not appear on the forum. We need help in developing Educoin2.
How can you help us?

Edumoto more months does not appear on the forum. We need help in developing Educoin2.
How can you help us?
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003
Well, That's Crypto :-\
@edumoto
Whats happening with EDU?
Cmon, dont let this great idea fizzle out.
EMC2 would like to help this community, please let me know if we could help.
Activity: 50
Any updates?
Is Educoin dead?
Now just my mining farm continues mining of Educoin - 1,5 MH/s.
According to my calculations in 100 days there will be produced 101 000 000 000 coins, and Educoin will die.
Does anybody try to carry out conversion to Educoin 2.0? Is the development team made? If it is, why do not we know about it? If it isn't, what's the reason?
Why does not the web site educoin.cc work? The last tweet in Twitter was made on 10 July.

I think there some team must be made for Educoin staying alive. This team must get accounts of Educoin (bitcointalk, twitter, subreddit). Also it needs somebody who can be an organizer. I can't be the organizer becuase I almost don't speak English.
I am ready to do web development: site, block explorer, pool, Crowdfunding site. I have a server where we can keep all this. What do you think about it?

It took 20 days. Nothing has changed. Educoin.cc site is offline.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007
Live like there is no tomorrow!
I have set up mining pool http://edu-pool.crypto-coin.info

I'm speaking with Edumoto to see if we can host the website on a better hosting solution.

Website can be hosted on my server

Good to see that there is atleast an active pool now, although the hashrate is still quite low.. I might hop on later on again, just to help this coin Smiley.

We definately need to attract more users and miners into this coin in order to help this coin survive. It would be great if Edumoto (or someone else) is actually working on new steps about this coin. However, I'm already glad that we've came so far; the wallet is working again and atleast we've got some miners.  What do you all consider the next step?

Activity: 706
Merit: 500
I have set up mining pool http://edu-pool.crypto-coin.info

I'm speaking with Edumoto to see if we can host the website on a better hosting solution.

Website can be hosted on my server

Hi Bags, thank you for the offer. The educoin.cc website is back up now.

-Edumoto

Edumoto, are you working on outlining next steps for the guys that have offered to develop it?

Pages:
Jump to: