Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][EGC] EverGreenCoin® | 7% PoS | Foundation | Bittrex | Android - page 27. (Read 81800 times)

legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
i would LOVE to have a package for installing the wallet on fedora, and start staking

Currently for a small number of users (I'm a Fedora user as well) it's not really worth building packages for Linux Platforms (particularly as there's such a large variety if we were to also try and do package builds for Ubuntu/Debian/Raspbian etc. Linux Packages are something I'd like to do at some point (RPM and DEB) but there are other things that are more important first.

I've taken the original wiki documentation we had for building the command line version on a variety of Linuxes (include Fedora27) and (hopefully) made it easier to read as well as updating it for different versions of the code (currently tested 1.7.3 and 1.8 QT and Command line on Fedora 27).

It looks like there might be a couple of other bits to add for Fedora 28 (seeing the discussion last night) which I'll work on and try and integrate into that documentation, (un)fortunately Fedora tends to be very close to the bleeding edge (but usually well tested) so we see the issues of updated packages before they make it through to the Debian and Ubuntu world.

The updated wiki page with all this is on https://wiki.evergreencoin.org/wiki/Software/Fedora

We build for Fedora 27/28 x64 ...

We have every intention on building for CentOS 7 x64 also (the main OS for almost ALL our backend systems). I'm actually quite surprised you haven't spoken to me directly about this Steven, knowing that is the only OS we do.

When I am well enough next week, I will start on the work of the compile but hopefully you will all have it figured out by then. I am too ill to do anything on the work right now.

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029
Here is the link to today's EGC meeting, https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/4yn7pdhlirf2dkn7wptkh7rqhae

All are welcome! See you there!

EDIT: Today will be a short meeting. I have a wedding to attend.

Hope all went well! Was decorating again until 9pm - so missed the meeting =(
Activity: 151
Merit: 11
i have a suggestion for the team

why don't you use ethereum codebase?

a bidirectional erc20 gateway like dogethereum would be great

for the devs, as a token would be easier to maintain and you would have all the advantages of smart contracts and off chains soultions coming on ethereum

and for the holders, as an erc20 token would automatically be on a lot of decentralized exchanges, finally bringing some volume (and it's also lot easier for traditional exchanges to list it)

and it would be possible to keep the token in hardware wallets, etc etc etc

a thing like it could bring new life to the project, i hope that you take it in cosideration
edited(i wongly double posted it)
Activity: 97
Merit: 12
We received a thank you card from French Creek Valley Conservancy. I would like to extend the thanks to all who contributed. Thank you for having made the matched donation possible!

Are there paid signature campaign for EverGreenCoin supporters?
I asked this question because I saw you worn a signature of EverGreenCoin.
Thanks for your response in advance.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1192
EverGreenCoin® (EGC) EverGreenCoin.org
Here is the link to today's EGC meeting, https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/4yn7pdhlirf2dkn7wptkh7rqhae

All are welcome! See you there!

EDIT: Today will be a short meeting. I have a wedding to attend.
legendary
Are there paid signature campaign for EverGreenCoin supporters?
I asked this question because I saw you worn a signature of EverGreenCoin.
Thanks for your response in advance.

Well, it is a bit of a long story, but no. There currently is no signature campaign organized.

If one is organized, it would be announced here and I have noted your username. Thank you for expressing your interest.
legendary
Hi everyone,

We are trying to gather a donation for the French Creek Valley Conservancy to be made on August 14th, 2018. An anonymous donor will be matching donations dollar-for-dollar on that day! The French Creek Valley is in Pennsylvania, USA. James Magee resides within that valley and he is familiar with the organization and does attest to its 23 year record as a non-profit helping their valley. Please read more, https://evergreencoin.org/product/french-creek-valley-conservancy/ if you are interested. The crowdfund is open and it is a new option in your staking for charity drop down menu within your EverGreenCoin wallet. We do not have many days to collect, but thank you in advance for any contribution.

Also, please know we would happily support similar efforts in your local area. Please feel free to contact via any preferred method to do so.

Again, thank you in advance for helping to make our dollar-for-dollar matched donation to the French Creek Valley Conservancy a sizable one.

Have a great day!

Looks like a nice way to spend some EverGreenCoin.

Be reminded, we only have about 24 hours left to gather our dollar-for-dollar-matched donation! Many thanks to those who have already contributed. It looks like we have broke the $100 donation amount, which will translated to $200! Please consider making our contribution an even more sizable one in the next 24 hours.

Thanks in advance! If you can't contribute yourself, perhaps a retweet might help the effort: https://twitter.com/EverGreenCoin_/status/1026503270959919115   Thank you!

We received a thank you card from French Creek Valley Conservancy. I would like to extend the thanks to all who contributed. Thank you for having made the matched donation possible!
legendary
as the things on the 2018 roadmap are done, will we have an updated roadmap?

We have been planning to organize current status summaries of all goals not limited to those that were originally mapped out at the beginning of this year. We were discussing at the last meeting. While this will not be an updated roadmap per se, it will have direct correlation and will give community members a concise gauge of the goals projected in the 2018 roadmap.

It is noted to make those correlations more obvious where they apply to goals of the 2018 roadmap. Time permitting with visual aid, but at least with highlighting of some sort.

Thank you for mentioning the need for more direct correlation now, as it will help us achieve just that during drafting.
as the things on the 2018 roadmap are done, will we have an updated roadmap?
legendary
Hmmm, error loading wallet 32 and 64 bit.

Delete all appdata and resync ?

update: Wallet ok Smiley

The upgrade itself does not require a resync. One only needs to run their new executable and not their old.

Glad you got it sorted. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1006
Hmmm, error loading wallet 32 and 64 bit.

Delete all appdata and resync ?

update: Wallet ok Smiley
legendary
Mac users: Your v1.8 binary is still being worked on at this hour. It will be delivered ASAP, an announcement made, the above link updated and this post removed at that time. Thanks for your patience!
legendary

Without further ado,

Activity: 121
Merit: 20
i would LOVE to have a package for installing the wallet on fedora, and start staking

Currently for a small number of users (I'm a Fedora user as well) it's not really worth building packages for Linux Platforms (particularly as there's such a large variety if we were to also try and do package builds for Ubuntu/Debian/Raspbian etc. Linux Packages are something I'd like to do at some point (RPM and DEB) but there are other things that are more important first.

I've taken the original wiki documentation we had for building the command line version on a variety of Linuxes (include Fedora27) and (hopefully) made it easier to read as well as updating it for different versions of the code (currently tested 1.7.3 and 1.8 QT and Command line on Fedora 27).

It looks like there might be a couple of other bits to add for Fedora 28 (seeing the discussion last night) which I'll work on and try and integrate into that documentation, (un)fortunately Fedora tends to be very close to the bleeding edge (but usually well tested) so we see the issues of updated packages before they make it through to the Debian and Ubuntu world.

The updated wiki page with all this is on https://wiki.evergreencoin.org/wiki/Software/Fedora
Activity: 136
Merit: 10
egc is a terrible coin. its buy order in bittrex is less than 1 btc. it has no supporters and it may crash any time. I suggest everyone to sell it quickly and invest in other coins. I bought 2.2btc of egc at price of 0.3 dollars and sold them at 0.05 dollars totally about 0.35 btc
just get rid of this terrible coin
legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1006
Canary in the crypto mine!

Maintaining various packages for various distributions would be a large and time consuming undertaking. Especially for a small team that needs to fill many roles. But perhaps in the future!

However; Fedora users wanting to build v1.8 now will find this useful: https://github.com/CryptoCanary/EverGreenCoin-boost-1.66

It did work for matteo96, but please remember to install all dependencies first. Wink
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029
EverGreenCoin v1.8 source code has been committed, https://github.com/EverGreenCoinDev/EverGreenCoin/releases/tag/v1.8.0.0

Seednodes are being upgrade whilst I compose this. Exchanges will be contacted after all seednodes are upgraded and known to be stable.

Windows and Mac binaries will be prepared ASAP. Barring any changes needed for those builds, cosmetics if any, the mentioned code will be used. The public release of Windows and Mac binaries will be slightly delayed for marketing reasons after their compiling and final testing, but only for a day or two. Please join us in Discord if you can't stand to wait, as community members there will have early access despite the marketing wait. Please know this marketing wait is as requested and to build hype. Please retweet or tweet! Team members are exploring options for a twitter campaign. If any bounties are offered, we will surely inform here.

EverGreenCoin v1.8 is not a required upgrade. However; to benefit the many functional and aesthetic improvements, it is and will be strongly advised. It is nice! You'll be happy you did.

To the treetop!

p.s. I will get a video update for the month of September recorded ASAP. You can guess the star of that agenda! Due to time limitations, I may do that during the marketing wait window and when public release date will be known.

Woohoo - looking forward to using the new wallet =)
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
EverGreenCoin v1.8 source code has been committed, https://github.com/EverGreenCoinDev/EverGreenCoin/releases/tag/v1.8.0.0

Seednodes are being upgrade whilst I compose this. Exchanges will be contacted after all seednodes are upgraded and known to be stable.

Windows and Mac binaries will be prepared ASAP. Barring any changes needed for those builds, cosmetics if any, the mentioned code will be used. The public release of Windows and Mac binaries will be slightly delayed for marketing reasons after their compiling and final testing, but only for a day or two. Please join us in Discord if you can't stand to wait, as community members there will have early access despite the marketing wait. Please know this marketing wait is as requested and to build hype. Please retweet or tweet! Team members are exploring options for a twitter campaign. If any bounties are offered, we will surely inform here.

EverGreenCoin v1.8 is not a required upgrade. However; to benefit the many functional and aesthetic improvements, it is and will be strongly advised. It is nice! You'll be happy you did.

To the treetop!

p.s. I will get a video update for the month of September recorded ASAP. You can guess the star of that agenda! Due to time limitations, I may do that during the marketing wait window and when public release date will be known.

Awesome work mate ...

#crysx
Pages:
Jump to:
© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org