Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ELT] Electron, Blake-256 coin, merged mined - page 13. (Read 56437 times)

Activity: 925
Merit: 1000
I wonder what drives some miners mine all these blake coins which have literally no value (yet). Soon we will be merge mining 100 coins which even won't be added to any exchange because they will not be worth adding. There is no innovation in those single coins other than ability of being merge mined (what apparently decreases their uniqueness and value). The merged mining technology is nice idea but we need to bring it to next level and think how to add value to these shitcoins. So far this seems to be just a a nice hobby for IT nerds who believe it's better to mine 5 shitcoins at the same time rather than 1 :-). But still 5 x 0 = 0.

Make a coin that does this and stop complaining

BLC, PHO, BBTC and Dirac are all on exchanges and so will this one!

0 value my ass go mine something else if you dont like it or make something better  Undecided

Don't take me wrong. Merge mining is fine idea. But why the hell are you adding just shitcoins without any added value. What do you expect of that? I think all miners would like to know what are the plans with these coins because at the end they need to pay electricity bills. Who is gonna buy those coins? I mine coins because it's a hobby (and have real cheap electricity), I make real profits by trading. So I mine whatever I want, one day Blake, another day Mjollnir, then BlackCoin and so on. I already realized long time ago that sticking my rig to one coin for longer period is in 90% pure loss unless you mine on some wafflepool and convert immediately to BTC. But mining altcoins directly and holding can be extremely profitable if that particular shitcoin skyrockets, but it's just pure gamble and most probably most people stick to wrong coins.
legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
I wonder what drives some miners mine all these blake coins which have literally no value (yet). Soon we will be merge mining 100 coins which even won't be added to any exchange because they will not be worth adding. There is no innovation in those single coins other than ability of being merge mined (what apparently decreases their uniqueness and value). The merged mining technology is nice idea but we need to bring it to next level and think how to add value to these shitcoins. So far this seems to be just a a nice hobby for IT nerds who believe it's better to mine 5 shitcoins at the same time rather than 1 :-). But still 5 x 0 = 0.

Make a coin that does this and stop complaining

BLC, PHO, BBTC and Dirac are all on exchanges and so will this one! none of the blake based coins on exchanges have 0 value!

0 value my ass go mine something else if you dont like it or make something better  Undecided
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
Goodcoin Smiley
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Difficulty is skyrocketing.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
Sell ​​ELT 1820   PM me!
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
Require trading platform, which is a very good project! Grin
Activity: 521
A true ninja launch , first I heard about it..... ----------edit ---- someone must have heard about it since total merged network hash rate & difficulty somewhat lower no doubt as people are switching to solo mine Electron !!

and then there were FIVE............ 

Within 6-10 hours difficulty will adjust to level of the other coins ( my guess after a quick peek at the source) ....

then everyone can mine 5 coins at the same time !!

Yes, sorry, a truly ninja launch.  Had to work while the Mrs. was asleep. Now, time for a shower...
Activity: 938
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged
(Been away from PC due to guest)

POOLS STILL NOT SHOWING MINING

Round Shares [Submitted shares since last found block (ie. round shares)]
Est. Shares    31 (done: 0%)
Pool Valid    0
Your Valid    0
Pool Invalid    0 (0.00%)
Your Invalid    0 (0.00%)
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
A true ninja launch , first I heard about it..... ----------edit ---- someone must have heard about it since total merged network hash rate & difficulty somewhat lower no doubt as people are switching to solo mine Electron !!

and then there were FIVE............  

Within 6-10 hours difficulty will adjust to level of the other coins ( my guess after a quick peek at the source) ....

then everyone can mine 5 coins at the same time !!

edit 2 --  added this  ---  eLGZZ4EWtSR1CgoHLPVPcep89xtToysyuh
Found 4 blocks after 1 hour. Great. 4 Satoshis earned so easy hehe.
legendary
Solutions Architect
How do I mine solo?

I figured out already, but I'm not sure I'm gonna find some blocks now with 8Gh/s. Where can I see if NY2 pool is finding some ELT blocks?

I still need to extend the stats for aux chains just not had time to do it yet  Undecided
How do I mine solo?

I figured out already, but I'm not sure I'm gonna find some blocks now with 8Gh/s. Where can I see if NY2 pool is finding some ELT blocks?
Electron - ELT now merged on all pools
http://eu3.blakecoin.com
http://ny2.blakecoin.com
http://la1.blakecoin.com

*make sure to use pool version of cgminer can be found on the "Getting Started" page or on main site

took longer as did all three at same time! *had a complaint last time for Dirac that all pools did not merge at same time hence why I did it this way this time less than 5 seconds diffrence in start time

solo is going to be faster for next few hours if you just wanted ELT

Nice work Blue!  Wink
Great stuff here is the windows build for you: blakecoin.org/Electron-0.8.9.1-WIN.7z

Working. Mined some soloblocks.
But block reward is low.

Dev are you going to support this coin for long term?

Yeah, plan is to support it long-term. Lots of stuff to work on, like exchange, block-explorer, mac wallet, android wallet, etc.
legendary
Solutions Architect
Electron - ELT now merged on all pools
http://eu3.blakecoin.com
http://ny2.blakecoin.com
http://la1.blakecoin.com

*make sure to use pool version of cgminer can be found on the "Getting Started" page or on main site

took longer as did all three at same time! *had a complaint last time for Dirac that all pools did not merge at same time hence why I did it this way this time less than 5 seconds diffrence in start time

solo is going to be faster for next few hours if you just wanted ELT
GRRRR!

Block 2243 & the pools haven't started mining yet.

So solo like the rest of us then! Smiley

But solo is not merged! Not gonna miss out on BLC & (esp) Dirac Sad

WHY ARE POOLS NOT MINING???
GRRRR!

Block 2243 & the pools haven't started mining yet.
Activity: 159
abaddon
Yes, I shall feast on this coin. Cry
legendary
Solutions Architect
Can someone introduce FPGA mining?Where to buy the device?

ebay 2nd hand

check the Blakecoin thread for the boards that have been ported to Blake-256, easiest for people new to fpga is the Ztex 1.15y/1.15x
Pages:
Jump to: