Author

Topic: [ANN][EMC2] Einsteinium | FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY - page 245. (Read 1076368 times)

legendary
Activity: 1130
Merit: 1000
No good deed goes unpunished

Have fun at CoinFest Grin

Cheers. Got 5 hours to sleep, then wake up to pack stuff and get on the train to arrive in Manchester by 9am.

Why not packed? Due to work, as not working tomorrow had to complete stuff today .. by midnight. Haven't even looked for a hotel ... hehe. Guess will just have to wing it, as usual.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 1164
Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

As it would seem you have already experienced, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Perhaps the second time is the charm eh?

This is why crypto suits me.

When one misses a dozen of those once-in-a-lifetime opportunities, starts to get a bit tedious. Reading BTC whitepaper in 2008 and being pre-occupied with rebuilding career over the next 5 years post crysis is one of those dumbass things.

CoinFest tomorrow .. yeii. Going to be knackered before I get there, full time work sucks ... until June that is  Grin

Have fun at CoinFest Grin
legendary

As it would seem you have already experienced, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Perhaps the second time is the charm eh?

This is why crypto suits me.

When one misses a dozen of those once-in-a-lifetime opportunities, starts to get a bit tedious. Reading BTC whitepaper in 2008 and being pre-occupied with rebuilding career over the next 5 years post crysis is one of those dumbass things.

CoinFest tomorrow .. yeii. Going to be knackered before I get there, full time work sucks ... until June that is  Grin
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84
Oh well ... nothing ventured ... nothing gained. Going to the interview anyway.

The ladies sure like a famous company name on the business card. I fondly remember carrying my KPMG cards and showing off ... when it needed an extra kick  Wink

Here is a little story that has come around again it seems:
 - In 2003, was offered a choice: Join KPMG as an accountant ... or join a startup that dealt with migrating databases for large companies. Learn IT while doing accounts for the startup.

I went with KPMG because Accountancy is a trade that requires at least 10 years of exp to start being good. Was headhunted for KPMG Tax Technology Team, some geeks they had writing internal software could not handle accounts and the accountants were not geeks, I was supposed to be the bridge.

Until the 2007 financial crisis, when I left.

Mid-2007 The startup went on to sell itself for £200million ... of which as one of the early employees I would have had £1-2 mil in shares.

I was young and clearly foolish.

Now ... PWC is working on UK Government blockchain, which sounds a lot more fun than writing tax software Smiley
On the other hand, crypto could use my full time dedication.

We shall let the masses decide on coinfest UK - April 8th & 9th 2016 http://coinfestuk.org/

legendary
Is Windows Azure one of the options for EMC2 ? Smiley

It is.

Honestly, not because EMC2 chain is super duper and gives backrubs and makes your bed ... but because MS is putting all chains on Azure.  Cheesy
legendary
Wormhole in effect now.

http://www.coinwarz.com/network-hashrate-charts/einsteinium-network-hashrate-chart

And I missed the block halving to 16 coins a few days ago.

Breaking News! I quit my job today ... with 2 months full time and 3 months 1 week a month notice .. lol, I am that good Smiley

ONWARDS! I have no clue where .. but ONWARDS I say!  Grin

As long as you are moving forward, good thing will happen  Wink
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
Is Windows Azure one of the options for EMC2 ? Smiley
legendary
Wormhole in effect now.

http://www.coinwarz.com/network-hashrate-charts/einsteinium-network-hashrate-chart

And I missed the block halving to 16 coins a few days ago.

Breaking News! I quit my job today ... with 2 months full time and 3 months 1 week a month notice .. lol, I am that good Smiley

ONWARDS! I have no clue where .. but ONWARDS I say!  Grin
legendary
where is some good mining pools for emc2?

Right now your best bet is emc2.suprnova.cc
Activity: 808
Merit: 502
where is some good mining pools for emc2?
legendary
Oh well ... nothing ventured ... nothing gained. Going to the interview anyway.

The ladies sure like a famous company name on the business card. I fondly remember carrying my KPMG cards and showing off ... when it needed an extra kick  Wink

Here is a little story that has come around again it seems:
 - In 2003, was offered a choice: Join KPMG as an accountant ... or join a startup that dealt with migrating databases for large companies. Learn IT while doing accounts for the startup.

I went with KPMG because Accountancy is a trade that requires at least 10 years of exp to start being good. Was headhunted for KPMG Tax Technology Team, some geeks they had writing internal software could not handle accounts and the accountants were not geeks, I was supposed to be the bridge.

Until the 2007 financial crisis, when I left.

Mid-2007 The startup went on to sell itself for £200million ... of which as one of the early employees I would have had £1-2 mil in shares.

I was young and clearly foolish.

Now ... PWC is working on UK Government blockchain, which sounds a lot more fun than writing tax software Smiley
On the other hand, crypto could use my full time dedication.

We shall let the masses decide on coinfest UK - April 8th & 9th 2016 http://coinfestuk.org/
legendary
Do you want to see a better government crypto or a better people's crypto???

Better people's crypto

That would be my 1st choice ... if I had not been shaken out so much in past few years that have such a grudge and would require April being pumpalicious month I believe it will be.

Not being paid to mess with crypto and if anything, need funding to make things happen ... or get a £50k+ job making crypto whales suffer and pay taxes???  Wink
legendary
Faced with a conundrum ... not an April Fools joke, but this would be a good one if it was  Grin

Do I attend an interview with Pricewaterhouse Coopers (PWC) for their Blockchain Technology Team? I am an accountant with a good contact at PWC Smiley
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/pricewaterhousecoopers-launches-uᴉoɔʇᴉq-and-blockchain-technology-team-1453409854

Or do I leave London and pray that gods of Crypto are kind enough to fund my country wide effort of spreading alt coin word and bringing in developers and companies.

Tough call.

-- On one hand, next four years I'd be fronting Bank of England and UK Government blockchain effort to enslave Humanity.
-- On the other, women, weather, food and drinks are way better in Serbia. Plus, I would help make Serbia the capital of crypto developers and make some people rich.

Better people's crypto
legendary
Faced with a conundrum ... not an April Fools joke, but this would be a good one if it was  Grin

Do I attend an interview with Pricewaterhouse Coopers (PWC) for their Blockchain Technology Team? I am an accountant with a good contact at PWC Smiley
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/pricewaterhousecoopers-launches-uᴉoɔʇᴉq-and-blockchain-technology-team-1453409854

Or do I leave London and pray that gods of Crypto are kind enough to fund my country wide effort of spreading alt coin word and bringing in developers and companies.

Tough call.

-- On one hand, next four years I'd be fronting Bank of England and UK Government blockchain effort to enslave Humanity.
-- On the other, women, weather, food and drinks are way better in Serbia. Plus, I would help make Serbia the capital of crypto developers and make some people rich.

legendary
Hi,
what about cooperation with EvoPoints? We was have it some weeks ago. We can do together some projects who will popularize science!

Always open to this idea

Had a look at Evo a while back, I do like the project, even if I might have some reservations about the whole co-op. Not due to Evo, because every good idea in crypto has been pushed down to oblivion.

It's almost as if there are a few knuckleheads with way too much BTC and influence that are doing their best to seek out and destroy anything that might take crypto from being pure gambling into something useful.

Also, still looking for a whale with a science background that actually wants to support science in crypto.
legendary
Hi,
what about cooperation with EvoPoints? We was have it some weeks ago. We can do together some projects who will popularize science!

Always open to this idea
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
Hi,
legendary
I'm not sure if "Einsteiniums" is the proper name for group members, but I just wanted to say "Howdy." I'm a biologist living in a small town in south Texas, and I have been getting more and more interested in cryptocurrencies (I've noticed that I'm not the only one). Einsteinium is a cool concept, and I would like to help spread awareness. I was wondering if there was a way I could use it as a sort of reward system in the classes I teach--for example, if I had my students set up with wallets could I have them all just bring a printout to class of their wallet QR code, and in class I could then award them a few coins here and there for participation, helping each other, etc. Or maybe they could do group projects, publish them someplace, and have people vote on their projects for a reward of EMC2.

I'm just throwing out ideas. I'd love to hear what others think for ways to involve students who are brand new to cryptocurrencies.

Thanks,

~Kevin

Howdy. Have to say, that is a rather good idea. Not far off from what I had in mind when talking to my teen devs, to think along the lines of developing an idea how to bring crypto awareness in classrooms. Kids already understand how it works and don't ask why is this worth x? Smiley

Will send you a PM with my email for contact, if you wish.

Right now I have a link to probably the finest programmers available, one of the ideas I will bring to the table is Android wallet and app. Without funds, will have to wait my turn, at least until coinfest is over. Most likely will have something in place for mid June event ... not going to spoil what event, let's say a good kind .. unrelated to markets (that's not my job)
legendary
I'm not sure if "Einsteiniums" is the proper name for group members, but I just wanted to say "Howdy." I'm a biologist living in a small town in south Texas, and I have been getting more and more interested in cryptocurrencies (I've noticed that I'm not the only one). Einsteinium is a cool concept, and I would like to help spread awareness. I was wondering if there was a way I could use it as a sort of reward system in the classes I teach--for example, if I had my students set up with wallets could I have them all just bring a printout to class of their wallet QR code, and in class I could then award them a few coins here and there for participation, helping each other, etc. Or maybe they could do group projects, publish them someplace, and have people vote on their projects for a reward of EMC2.

I'm just throwing out ideas. I'd love to hear what others think for ways to involve students who are brand new to cryptocurrencies.

Thanks,

~Kevin

Glad to see you joined the community.
Those are great ideas. It would be good to see that happen.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0

Thanks,

~Kevin
Jump to: