Author

Topic: [ANN][EMC2] Einsteinium | FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY - page 357. (Read 1076368 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 250
Yeah you make good points. The asics won't be released for a little while, so if we have a solid foundation by then, i think we should be good. It could actually help indeed. If they were released tmrw, tho, i'd be a bit worried. Like you said tho, asics are the future, they'll be made for most algos eventually anyway. I just hope we'll be a solid enough coin when they come out for scrypt so that they help us instead of hurting.

Regardless of changing, even with having scrypt I have always thought emc2 has serious potential. I think at some point einsteinium will be seen as being a big-time contender in the scrypt world.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
Also less then 300 blocks till having. I think that 10-20% increase in price is a good indicator of what might happen after the halving. Also, I'd much rather see steady 10 percent increases then one 100 percent increases.
legendary
I have been mining the living daylights out of this coin... I love the concept behind it!
I also like the fact that it's not one of those coins where you sit there & mine all day & get table scraps or one that you mine for an hour & get thousands of them.
This really is my favorite coin to mine... it actually has a purpose as well!
I'd like to suggest this organization for the charity fund:
http://www.maps.org/
I plan on submitting a formal request on the website. I am working on a good write-up at the moment.
If it gets nominated, I'll donate 10%.

Love the concept but I am refusing to mine it. I mine energy efficient coins that don't generate nearly as much heat. I have posted twice about new algorithm's that would better suit this coin but have not seen any updates about a potential change.

I'd like to see a change as well (I think many people would), and I know that the team said the option is still on the table, but as of right now it doesn't look like that change is going to be made.

Nonetheless, it may not be energy-effecient but it def one of the better scrypt coins outs there.

Really, you'd like to see it change? Mind me asking why.
legendary
I have been mining the living daylights out of this coin... I love the concept behind it!
I also like the fact that it's not one of those coins where you sit there & mine all day & get table scraps or one that you mine for an hour & get thousands of them.
I plan on submitting a formal request on the website. I am working on a good write-up at the moment.

Love the concept but I am refusing to mine it. I mine energy efficient coins that don't generate nearly as much heat. I have posted twice about new algorithm's that would better suit this coin but have not seen any updates about a potential change.

Hey bud, sorry to hear that you refuse to mine emc2. At this point there is no reason to change the algo, ASIC scrypt miners are here and I find them to be very energy efficient, and I doubt they will produce as much heat as my GPU farm does now. By the time that the new miners are out in full our coin will be secured by its wonderful community as well as a bunch of ASIC scrypt miners.

I'd like to see a change as well (I think many people would), and I know that the team said the option is still on the table, but as of right now it doesn't look like that change is going to be made.

Nonetheless, it may not be energy-effecient but it def one of the better scrypt coins outs there.
Activity: 116
Merit: 10

Activity: 476
Merit: 100
Activity: 448
Merit: 254
Activity: 252
550 blocks till halving

yeah man, I almost used nominated that, instead I put some johns hopkins psychedelic research thing for nomination.

Keep on mining and securing the network  Smiley
Activity: 252
Is the wallet really slow and laggy for anyone else? Also what do I need to set my transaction fee to to send decent amounts of EMC@ ~40,000
EDIT: NVM I had to setgenerate 0 XD I figured
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Activity: 126
Activity: 133
Have you guys had a look at www.thevenusproject.com? It seems like something EMC2 would do well with, especially now that it's a legitimate NPO.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054
Point. Click. Blockchain
Anyone how what is going on with Cryptopools? They appear to be on the wrong fork or something is amiss there. Hope I didn't lose all that hashing and worse still, my friend who is on holiday and needed something safe to mine.

All I know is that for the past couple days they were sending double payments every once an while.  I e-mailed them several times about it but no response until today I woke up and they put up that statement.  I've since moved my miners since it does seem they are on the wrong chain currently. 

Thanks for the heads up.  We are working on getting the pool back on the correct fork and looking into double payouts.  Anyone mining on CryptoPools needs to move to another pool if you haven't already. 

-tb-
legendary
Activity: 1988
legendary
All kinds of action on Mintpal right now.. Smiley
Activity: 154

http://emc2.lifeforce.info

System: Prop Stratum VarDiff
Pay Interval: Every 60 Seconds (for confirmed blocks)
Fee: 0.75%
Current Pool Hashrate: ~450MH/s
Current Pool Workers: ~320
Multi-Pool Shoutbox: Enabled
Stratums Available: 12
Stratum Locations:  

Jump to: