Author

Topic: [ANN][EMC2] Einsteinium | FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY - page 355. (Read 1076368 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 250
I don't think an asic resistant algo will be implemented, since some of 'the team' have asic's coming in.

Could you provide a source on that one?
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054
Point. Click. Blockchain
The faster they rise, the harder they fall.  EMC2 is building a solid foundation.  900-1000 satoshi for epoch 2 is fine with me.

I'm sure dev team will have another algo fully tested but won't implement it unless necessary.

-tb-

They did in fact text X11 on the testnet a while back

If EMC2 went for X11 it would have tanked very hard after the pump on Kimoto Gravity exploit. DigiShield is probably the best option for now. All other algorithms need special settings and most shy away, even I couldn't get say Scrypt-N to mine, had some issues with X11 .. but it's just easier this way.

If it ain't broken, don't fix it...

-tb-

Well that's a vote for "no innovation". I'd love to hear you are still mining at xxx Kh/s against one guy mining at 250 MH/s and dumping at 500 then 300 then 150 satoshis.

I'm a gambling man.  I'm willing to put up a few btc in an escrow of your choice (reputable of course) and say the dumping you mentioned won't happen.

I will be the guy with three new asic when they deliver and will be mining and holding EMC2...  and if the team switch algo, I will adapt.

-tb-
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
The faster they rise, the harder they fall.  EMC2 is building a solid foundation.  900-1000 satoshi for epoch 2 is fine with me.

I'm sure dev team will have another algo fully tested but won't implement it unless necessary.

-tb-

If EMC2 went for X11 it would have tanked very hard after the pump on Kimoto Gravity exploit. DigiShield is probably the best option for now. All other algorithms need special settings and most shy away, even I couldn't get say Scrypt-N to mine, had some issues with X11 .. but it's just easier this way.

-tb-

Well that's a vote for "no innovation". I'd love to hear you are still mining at xxx Kh/s against one guy mining at 250 MH/s and dumping at 500 then 300 then 150 satoshis.
HwM
Activity: 119
I wish I had been mining EMC2 but I've switched to X11 since I got it up on my small rig. I can actually work in the basement now without going deaf.

I have been mining EMC2 from the beginning, but stopped mining at the end of epoch 1 when it became apparent for me, no algo switch was going to happen in the near future.

I have been buying lots of EMC2 @ 250 ~ 350 sats though. Holding ever since, but mining non-scrypt algo's.
legendary
Point. Click. Blockchain

-tb-

-tb-
Activity: 252
I wish I had been mining EMC2 but I've switched to X11 since I got it up on my small rig. I can actually work in the basement now without going deaf.
HwM
Yeah you make good points. The asics won't be released for a little while, so if we have a solid foundation by then, i think we should be good. It could actually help indeed. If they were released tmrw, tho, i'd be a bit worried. Like you said tho, asics are the future, they'll be made for most algos eventually anyway. I just hope we'll be a solid enough coin when they come out for scrypt so that they help us instead of hurting.

Regardless of changing, even with having scrypt I have always thought emc2 has serious potential. I think at some point einsteinium will be seen as being a big-time contender in the scrypt world.

To be honest, I wish they were here already. I know our team has some coming in and we'll have a fair amount of hashpower to secure the network. But yeah, I do think that EMC2 will grow into that crypto leader that we see it getting to.

Smiley

-tb-

I don't think an asic resistant algo will be implemented, since some of 'the team' have asic's coming in.
legendary
Activity: 1130
Merit: 1000
No good deed goes unpunished

-tb-

legendary
Activity: 1008
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
And on mainnet..

I don't see an algo change in our near future though.
Activity: 252

-tb-

legendary
Point. Click. Blockchain

-tb-
legendary
Activity: 1130
No good deed goes unpunished
well,we will see for the future! I just feel mad when I see some new crap coin being pumped to that moon very easely.

And by the way,Coinwarz have update Einsteinium block reward !

EMC2 held where other coins get pumped and dumped, that is reward in itself. Now Coinwarz is updated and early miners dumped and that bag holder seems to be running out of coins too. Give it a day or 2 and will start picking up again.

Backing is good for EMC2.
legendary
Activity: 1988
well,we will see for the future! I just feel mad when I see some new crap coin being pumped to that moon very easely.

And by the way,Coinwarz have update Einsteinium block reward !
legendary
Activity: 1008
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
@matauc12
Nobody is denying the complexity of the various factors involved in determining the price of a coin (or the price of anything really). Running costs are relevant in short term decision making. Trying to disprove this point by: one: expanding the scope of the discussion and: two: by giving an example of the good the Asic's did to Bitcoin over the years (long term) isn't really convincing. Vaious other factors should be taken into consideration if you'd want to get into this subject. There's always an example that suits your point if you conveniently leave out vital factors.

I'm not interested in giving you a lecture of basic economic theory, but do some research yourself, I'm sure you'll get the basic's down soon enough. I'm gonna leave it at that. Happy Easter.

Asic work for BTC,yeah,You can buy alot of thing with BTC. not with EMC2,Very risky to say it gonna be okey with asic when nobody can buy thing or only use them ! Now the thing is hold your coin and it gonna worth alot more in future,Okey , but its only look ponzy scheme now. EMC2 have this problem,like  so far many atl coin,its useless for now,I trust in Dev and foundation,but we need more to create infatuation over time !

Don't be afraid to innovated!

As soon as moolah has their new platform up and has completed getting experiment.com up and running to take cryptos then I'll be contacting a few online retailers who already have showed me interest in taking EMC2 as payment.

I have been contacting businesses like www.sciplus.com and have seen nothing but promise for our coin.

Don't worry today on where you can spend the coin.. were only 50 days old! Smiley
legendary
@matauc12
Nobody is denying the complexity of the various factors involved in determining the price of a coin (or the price of anything really). Running costs are relevant in short term decision making. Trying to disprove this point by: one: expanding the scope of the discussion and: two: by giving an example of the good the Asic's did to Bitcoin over the years (long term) isn't really convincing. Vaious other factors should be taken into consideration if you'd want to get into this subject. There's always an example that suits your point if you conveniently leave out vital factors.

I'm not interested in giving you a lecture of basic economic theory, but do some research yourself, I'm sure you'll get the basic's down soon enough. I'm gonna leave it at that. Happy Easter.

Asic work for BTC,yeah,You can buy alot of thing with BTC. not with EMC2,Very risky to say it gonna be okey with asic when nobody can buy thing or only use them ! Now the thing is hold your coin and it gonna worth alot more in future,Okey , but its only look ponzy scheme now. EMC2 have this problem,like  so far many atl coin,its useless for now,I trust in Dev and foundation,but we need more to create infatuation over time !

People have the delusion that being accepted by merchants creates value. It does not. Directly anyways. One of the only ways it does create value is by the marketing being accepted gives (there's a couple other minor factors where higher liquidity might create value in an otherwise relatively low liquidity commodity).

And you seem to say EMC2 doesn't have use like most other altcoins. Emc2 has more use than most altcoins. Most altcoins see a rise from hype driven by new clever ways to create artificial value (multipools creating artificial demand, large premises like country coins creating artificial market caps, etc). Emc2 actually has a use, which is beyond "spending". It's also targeting a little bit outside of crypto world. Those 2 things are really good value drivers.

not false,but we still loose 50% of supply for a 10% higher price,not fair enough
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
@matauc12

People have the delusion that being accepted by merchants creates value. It does not. Directly anyways. One of the only ways it does create value is by the marketing being accepted gives (there's a couple other minor factors where higher liquidity might create value in an otherwise relatively low liquidity commodity).

And you seem to say EMC2 doesn't have use like most other altcoins. Emc2 has more use than most altcoins. Most altcoins see a rise from hype driven by new clever ways to create artificial value (multipools creating artificial demand, large premises like country coins creating artificial market caps, etc). Emc2 actually has a use, which is beyond "spending". It's also targeting a little bit outside of crypto world. Those 2 things are really good value drivers.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
@matauc12

Being condescending doesn't make a point. Also you wisely state how it's convenient to just keep the information that's relevant to your point. Check what you're doing. As opposed to me where I did mention that variable cost means something, but so little in this matter.

You can argue that going further in the scope is just a long road, but staying over simplistic is a great way to be wrong. No where in history of crypto has efficiency being a driver for value. I said your point is useless, and it is until there is evidence that it's right. Russells teapot.
legendary
@matauc12

HwM
@matauc12

Activity: 116
Yeah you make good points. The asics won't be released for a little while, so if we have a solid foundation by then, i think we should be good. It could actually help indeed. If they were released tmrw, tho, i'd be a bit worried. Like you said tho, asics are the future, they'll be made for most algos eventually anyway. I just hope we'll be a solid enough coin when they come out for scrypt so that they help us instead of hurting.

Regardless of changing, even with having scrypt I have always thought emc2 has serious potential. I think at some point einsteinium will be seen as being a big-time contender in the scrypt world.

To be honest, I wish they were here already. I know our team has some coming in and we'll have a fair amount of hashpower to secure the network. But yeah, I do think that EMC2 will grow into that crypto leader that we see it getting to.

Smiley

I figure if ASICs hit this coin, the few that own them will dump their plethora of coins at any price. The price will plummet in that scenario. Miners will have left much earlier, as profits were dwindling or nonexistent. How much community will be left at that point?  There are soo many Scrypt coins that will be at the mercy of ASICs. Are you truly confident it will survive amongst all the rest?

While I agree about the hashpower securing the network, it wont matter when the ASICs move on to the next coin as EMC2 becomes delisted from exchanges. Without innovation and adaptation, which I thought was the very reason for the "alt-coin" world, I don't see the future here.
Jump to: