Author

Topic: [ANN][EMC2] Einsteinium | FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY - page 383. (Read 1076368 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 11
Pretty much every developer in the world is aware of this situation, I am sure our devs are looking into it.
Activity: 536
Merit: 252
Updated Mac wallet is now live, it should solve problems experienced by Core2-based Mac owners.

It can be downloaded from the usual link:

http://downloads.einsteinium.org/wallet-mac

Thanks for your patience.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
Is Emc2 affected by this bug?

...also, I'm looking to buy btc with 2 400 dollar moneypak cards. I'll probably get someone who ive done trades with before over at the marketplace forum, but can anyone of you sell me some BTC for moneypak?  I need btc to buy more EMC2 Wink Or is anyone willing to just sell me emc2 for the mp?
Because this is our future
EMC2 - Einsteinium
Launched 1st March 2014, 6pm GMT

New wallet - version 1.1 - MANDATORY UPDATE
The wallet can be downloaded from the OP links and the website. Source is available on the Github.

In order to verify you are running the right wallet:

- download package should include 1.1 string (i.e. einsteinium-qt-1.1.zip)
- in help -> "About Einsteinium" you should see 8.7.1 version
- getinfo command should report: protocolversion 70003

The windows wallet still has the einsteinium-qt-1.0.zip file name.

Are you sure you download this from http://downloads.einsteinium.org/wallet-windows ?
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Shit updated my wallet, did something wrong and my 22k emc gone  Sad?

I drag wallet.dat out of emc folder and then put it back, (in the \appdata) after downloading the new wallet, and balance is 0 after syncin.. first time trying to upg. to a new wallet, guess i fucked something up :/
I can't say if something can be done.  But the proper procedure is to ALWAYS BACK UP WALLET. And then just install the update. No touching of anything necessary.

And in the event that something bad happened while updating wallet (not sure I ever witnessed a wallet overwriting wallet.dat while updating), well you have your backed up key anyways.

Now... in your wallet, do you still see your old receiving address, or its a new one?

It's a new one, well I guess lesson learnt the hard way huh?
I just edited my post, please re - read to confirm.

Also, do you still have the original wallet.dat you dragged? Or you simply just drag and dropped back in, therefore have no copy of it?

Yeah that's how I did it, and drag and dropped it back in so nop, no copy..
Is it possible that the wallet.dat got somehow fucked, if I did drag it into appdata while the new wallet was still syncin?
If it was syncing what may have happened is that the old wallet.dat didn't copy over because of restricted access while in use. Nonetheless, copying while syncing is def what screwed it up. HOWEVER. Keep that wallet.dat (copy it). Delete the whole file and delete the wallet .exercise file and reinstall. Before even opening it copy paste the old wallet.dat back into the new appdata.

Also. Does the wallet.dat have a different timestamp than the rest of the files in the folder or a different one ( by the second)

The timestamp is shows it's the new folders .dat file, but I'll give it a shot one more time, pretty sure I fucked it up somehow along the way.. no big deal, I guess I can buy 'em back Smiley..

Thanks for the help anyhow =)

yeah if the timestamp is in line with the new wallet.dat it probably means it's lost.

However, I believe when you drag and drop something it gets saved to a hidden clipboard. Will google that. Maybe it's recoverable from that action.
Activity: 574

Thanks to the devs for contacting us earlier today.

www.cryptoaltex.com is rocking on the new code Smiley

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

I drag wallet.dat out of emc folder and then put it back, (in the \appdata) after downloading the new wallet, and balance is 0 after syncin.. first time trying to upg. to a new wallet, guess i fucked something up :/
I can't say if something can be done.  But the proper procedure is to ALWAYS BACK UP WALLET. And then just install the update. No touching of anything necessary.

And in the event that something bad happened while updating wallet (not sure I ever witnessed a wallet overwriting wallet.dat while updating), well you have your backed up key anyways.

Now... in your wallet, do you still see your old receiving address, or its a new one?

Also, do you still have the original wallet.dat you dragged? Or you simply just drag and dropped back in, therefore have no copy of it?

Is it possible that the wallet.dat got somehow fucked, if I did drag it into appdata while the new wallet was still syncin?
If it was syncing what may have happened is that the old wallet.dat didn't copy over because of restricted access while in use. Nonetheless, copying while syncing is def what screwed it up. HOWEVER. Keep that wallet.dat (copy it). Delete the whole file and delete the wallet .exercise file and reinstall. Before even opening it copy paste the old wallet.dat back into the new appdata.

Also. Does the wallet.dat have a different timestamp than the rest of the files in the folder or a different one ( by the second)

The timestamp is shows it's the new folders .dat file, but I'll give it a shot one more time, pretty sure I fucked it up somehow along the way.. no big deal, I guess I can buy 'em back Smiley..

Thanks for the help anyhow =)

Shit updated my wallet, did something wrong and my 22k emc gone  Sad?

I can't say if something can be done.  But the proper procedure is to ALWAYS BACK UP WALLET. And then just install the update. No touching of anything necessary.

Yeah that's how I did it expect I let the new wallet sync first and then drag and dropped it back in so nop, no copy..

Activity: 88
Merit: 10
Because this is our future
EMC2 - Einsteinium
Launched 1st March 2014, 6pm GMT

New wallet - version 1.1 - MANDATORY UPDATE
The wallet can be downloaded from the OP links and the website. Source is available on the Github.

In order to verify you are running the right wallet:

- download package should include 1.1 string (i.e. einsteinium-qt-1.1.zip)
- in help -> "About Einsteinium" you should see 8.7.1 version
- getinfo command should report: protocolversion 70003

The windows wallet still has the einsteinium-qt-1.0.zip file name.
Shit updated my wallet, did something wrong and my 22k emc gone  Sad?

I can't say if something can be done.  But the proper procedure is to ALWAYS BACK UP WALLET. And then just install the update. No touching of anything necessary.

And to resume, you

Copied wallet.dat to desktop
Installed update
Copied wallet.dat back into appdata (and confirmed you wanted to OVERWRITE A on prompt)
Synced?

(ANY discrepancy in what I resumed, please note, anything can make a huge difference)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

http://emc2.lifeforce.info

System: Prop Stratum VarDiff
Pay Interval: Every 60 Seconds (for confirmed blocks)
Fee: 0.5%
Current Pool Hashrate: ~500MH/s
Current Pool Workers: ~400
Shoutbox: Enabled

UK STRATUM: stratum+tcp://emc2-uk.lifeforce.info:3334
   EU STRATUM: stratum+tcp://emc2-eu.lifeforce.info::3334
   EU STRATUM: stratum+tcp://emc2-eu2.lifeforce.info:3333
   EU STRATUM: stratum+tcp://emc2-eu2.lifeforce.info:4444
   EU STRATUM: stratum+tcp://emc2-eu2.lifeforce.info:5555
   US STRATUM: stratum+tcp://emc2-us.lifeforce.info:3334
   US STRATUM: stratum+tcp://emc2-us.lifeforce.info:4444
   US STRATUM: stratum+tcp://emc2-us.lifeforce.info:5555
   US STRATUM: stratum+tcp://emc2-ca.lifeforce.info:3333
   US STRATUM: stratum+tcp://emc2-ca.lifeforce.info:4444
   US STRATUM: stratum+tcp://emc2-ca.lifeforce.info:5555

Activity: 94
Merit: 10
Just downloaded the new wallet for Mac Mavericks, keep getting this error when trying to open the wallet:

Advice?  cant access my coins ...

This happens to my mac as well. I am on a core two duo. Do you have core two duo processor?  They are coming out with a fix ASAP.
Jump to: