Author

Topic: [ANN][EMC2] Einsteinium | FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY - page 404. (Read 1076368 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 254
KGW give EMC2 ASIC-resistant?
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
I want you all to know we are considering a different algorithm internally. My vote is x11 so those that agree with me keep your fingers crossed.

Hi I was wondering if there was any news on this topic.

I Have not checked here over the pasts 10 days or so..

Been busy but still mining this great coin.

No decision at this time.
There is a critical fix that has to take priority with the KGW. Fix likely coming very soon.
Activity: 540
Merit: 500
somebody could lend me 20k EMC2 at 450satoshi for 0.9btc? wait my paycheck, but wana buy now Smiley

do you mean 200k? 20k is a mega ripoff for you at .9btc
Activity: 995
Merit: 500
I want you all to know we are considering a different algorithm internally. My vote is x11 so those that agree with me keep your fingers crossed.

Hi I was wondering if there was any news on this topic.

I Have not checked here over the pasts 10 days or so..

Been busy but still mining this great coin.
Activity: 966
Merit: 546
somebody could lend me 20k EMC2 at 450satoshi for 0.9btc? wait my paycheck, but wana buy now Smiley
with the same idea like EMC2
Activity: 536
Merit: 252
Just because I feel like were going to have many new eyes on us over the next while I figure I'll post a little update and explain what makes Einsteinium different...

What makes Einsteiunium different from all the other cryptoccurrencies around?

There are already hundreds of different cryptocurrencies and new ones are created almost every day. However, 99% of them have very little impact in the real world. Some of them try to seduce the public by associating their names and their logos to nice pets, valuable metals or refreshing plants, others try to convince the people that they have any chance of becoming an accepted currency in some country, some try to gain the favors of the public by implementing some technical innovation in its algorithms. In the end, however, almost none of them seem to have any impact in the world outside the little community of the cryptocurrencies enthusiasts, even though all of them hope that at some point they will.

Einsteinium, on the other side, is entirely finalized in helping science to thrive by funding scientific programs all over the world, and it has done it from the very first day of its existence.

Don't confuse it with charity – it's much, much more than that! Einsteinium is effectively contributing to the only process which can and will benefit all mankind: the progress of science.
2% of all mined Einsteinium coins will ALWAYS go to the scientific projects voted every month by the Einsteinium community. Einsteinium is the first currency the world has ever witnessed, which has the intrinsic property of funding scientific research by the mere act of coming into existence.
This process will inevitably generate a virtuous circle – more and more scientific organisations, as they're getting funded by the Einsteinum Fondation, they're getting a first hand proof of the effectiveness and true usefulness of the Einsteinium mechanics. This will lead them to begin accepting Einsteinium for donations and they will eventually start themselves to use it for tipping they collaborators.
As a matter of fact, Einsteinium managed to have it's first, concrete, measurable impact in the real world within it's first month of life. The Einsteinium Foundations first ever, official financial donation in the amount of (526314.56 of EMC2) or the value of (approx. $1,000 in USD) has been made on 3/29/14 to Walter Moss, a post-doctoral researcher in the lab of Prof. Joan A. Steitz at Yale University, for his work finding out if viral molecular structures can cause cancer.

This fact alone was able to put the basis for a very promising collaboration with Experiment.com. The first symptoms of a virtuous circle are already in place and clearly visible. More will follow.

As the community will rise, so will EMC2's prices vs other less useful cryptocurrencies– this will increase the funds which the Einsteinum Foundation's will be able to deliver to scientific programs, which in turn will trigger further growth. And so on. Can you imagine yourself taking part in this wonderful, exciting adventure? Jump on board and let's change the world together for the best!

The Einsteinium Team.
Activity: 536
Merit: 252
Love how respectful and healthy our community is, compared to most of the other threads here!

Just two things:
- Wordpress nav-bar was viewable again
- I'm missing the informations on the website, how long projects can be submitted or what the general timeframe is for submitting/voting or how long crowdfunding projects must run at least, to be in this timeframe. This would be really helpful for newly attracted people or old hands. Smiley

Hey Bitminton, Its really nice of you to point out the "issues" you encountered. The missing information about nominees will be updated ASAP. Thanks again for pointing this out and helping us work out the small kinks that may be left.

Smiley
We need to hit popular science magasine/newspaper ! It will be skyrocket the price like blackcoin with his news on wallstreetjournal.

Lets start the wheel! hit popular newspapper = skyrocket the price = more found to research = more visibility = more higher price = profit + help science !

Cheesy

This is essentially the virtuous cycle we wish to get started. Our press release is now in the wild, hopefully a few people pick it up.
we need translations to the other languages.

The translations for Chinese, Simplified and Chinese, Traditional are available.

欢迎各位参考EMC2中文网站:
http://einsteinium.org/cn 健体中文
http://einsteinium.org/tw 繁體中文

Wow, great work!
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240

https://emc2.suprnova.cc

The Day 1 EMC2 Pool
Steady and fast Payouts
Heavy Load approved
Straum+VDiff
Fast US and EU Connections
Over 200MH/s in the Pool

Safe against fake shares!

HwM
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
For now I stopped mining EMC2 and started mining non-scrypt coins (keccak, x11, etc). It’s a simple matter of competitive advantage really, basic economic theory (holding a masters in economics… for what it’s worth… mining crypto’s for fun did make me think of my education). As a GPU miner you’re easily outperformed by ASIC miners at lower costs. Acquiring the same coins with only a fraction of the electricity costs will allow ASIC miners for example to sell with a profit at lower prices or mine an x-fold of what you mine using an equal amount of electricity.  The cost of running is much, much lower, of course when taking the initial investment into account, the equation is a little different. But in that respect if the ASIC’s are bought and operational, the initial expenditure is considered sunk costs. Meaning, if mining the same scrypt coin, you compete at variable costs only. From a GPU miner’s perspective, that competition is lost.

I still consider EMC2 a very good coin and support it any chance I get, exchange voting, I advertise it among friends, not selling my stack, but I will not show my support mining. Like I said, I pointed my modest mining rig (4 x R9 290) somewhere else, with a level playing field, e.g. a –for the time being-ASIC resistant coin.

Furthermore the argument: “The Titans are not yet available”, is quite lousy. In trading everything is anticipation, future gains or losses are represented in current prices. When the FED makes an announcement it affects current stock and derivative prices straight away, not when an announced measure is actually implemented. So the fact that scrypt mining gear is available in the near future is enough to prevent a gradual and healthy uptrend, a potential that EMC2 has.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054
Point. Click. Blockchain
by the way:

stay away from http://emc2.cryptopools.com/

they advertise on their home page awards for finding blocks and I found blocks but 'to my knowledge' have never seen the rewards posted into my transactions.

they can correct me if I'm wrong but there are no transactions listed showing any bonuses.

This promotion has ended, yes they should update their page. I did receive 6300 EMC2 in block finder bonuses from this pool. I have been very happy mining here and getting all payouts as expected. You can look in the threads here and see when they did give notice that the bonus has ended.

how do you know it ended?

how is anyone suppose to know it ended?

I'm glad I jumped ship - I don't like doing business with a company who can;t even find the time to update it's home page.

what? I'm supposed to search thousands of friggin threads when they could spend one minute making a change? NO THANKS!

I'm back on emc2.lifeforce.info

Page 121 https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5893531

"Bonus blocks ended on CryptoPools.  Gave out an extra 5700 EMC2 so 55,700 EMC2 total was given out." posted on March 25, 2014 Post #2409

thanks but leaving it posted on their home page  constitutes false and misleading advertising - I even went to the trouble of emailing them yesterday and NEVER GOT A RESPONSE!

I did have it on the message of the day for a few weeks but yes I should have just posted on the homepage.  Was an oversight and not meant to mislead miners.  PM me your username, you will be credited with all the bonus blocks you found.

-tb-

Edit:  PM you as well, just in case you miss this post.  Smiley
Activity: 52
Merit: 0

The translations for Chinese, Simplified and Chinese, Traditional are available.

欢迎各位参考EMC2中文网站:
http://einsteinium.org/cn 健体中文
http://einsteinium.org/tw 繁體中文
Activity: 115
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1000
We need to hit popular science magasine/newspaper ! It will be skyrocket the price like blackcoin with his news on wallstreetjournal.

Lets start the wheel! hit popular newspapper = skyrocket the price = more found to research = more visibility = more higher price = profit + help science !

Cheesy
Activity: 116
Love how respectful and healthy our community is, compared to most of the other threads here!

Just two things:
- Wordpress nav-bar was viewable again
- I'm missing the informations on the website, how long projects can be submitted or what the general timeframe is for submitting/voting or how long crowdfunding projects must run at least, to be in this timeframe. This would be really helpful for newly attracted people or old hands. Smiley

You got my attention.
I like everything about this coin and will start mining it but could the dev give us an update on whats being done? Is the dev active?
How can we contribute other then buying, voting and mining?
Is there a plan?
Whats the next cause we can support?

If 50 million are already mined, at a rate of 380 sat, thats 190 BTC...where are these BTC? Bagholders?
If 2.5% is donated, that means the foundation only has 3.5 BTC to contribute to a cause...that is not much

These are just raw numbers off the top of my head, so I could be wrong in one or another

Anyway and as I said, I really like it would love to get involved

Cheers

Hey Architect,

It happy to see you finally came around. This coin is great, the community is great, the concept is great and we are poised to do great things in the name of science.

We have a very active dev team of about 8 members, located all around the world (UK, Romania, Canada, USA, Taiwan and Italy) working all day on our coin. Currently were working on a few wallet updates, one will be released very soon as well as a better looking blockchain explorer. There are other changes in the works but for now I cant mention any of them

As for supporting our coin, besides mining, buying and voting you can tell all your friends, create cool threads about us. Get more people interested and asking questions.

For supporting causes, the best way to do this now is to nominate your favorite project that you believe deserves our funding. This can be done here: http://einsteinium.org/submit-a-project/

The donation we made to our first winner Dr Watler Moss was for $1000 USD, while its not much it was half of his goal, for a coin of only 25 days old at the time I believe that's a great step in the right direction. We also ran a fundraiser where we raised over 300K EMC2 on top of the $1000 donation.

Bagholders... where are they indeed? I happen to know that the team members have bought a massive amount of coins. We all believe deeply in out motto "funding the future with the future of currency" and we are HODLing for the long run.

Hope this answered all your questions, If you have any more feel free to ask.

To add to what Bob said, there is the dev team, but there is also the marketing team, and the nonprofit foundation itself. There are also a few science advisers, which I have been recruiting.

We are also in the midst of developing a relationship with experiment.com, they like us.

I have to note, I am one of those bagholders myself. This is not a pump and dump with just one dev, there are a number of people involved in making things happen, not only for the coin and it's health, but also to meet the foundation mission.

Also for clarity, the amount we raised for Walter was $1550. $550 for the fundraiser we had. $1000 for the award.
Jump to: