Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ENRG]Energycoin - Android Released - Bittrex - - page 8. (Read 334544 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Ah, I almost forgot, I wanted to mention that I will be putting in some more regular buy support for energy starting around the 20th of March. I have been constrained by a limited budget for buying coins and the fact that I am scooping up some Litecoin. After the 20th I will be almost entirely on Bitcoin and Energycoin only.

Thx Haron for your support!
And interesting to read the PI developments.
My PI I use only for the wallet and more is not possible now but the new version is much better I understand.

Edit: Retweet: https://twitter.com/GEO_Jan/status/575927594937360385

I love me some energy! Hope we get a deal Jan keep it up!
legendary
Activity: 2448
Merit: 1025
Energy coin master
Ah, I almost forgot, I wanted to mention that I will be putting in some more regular buy support for energy starting around the 20th of March. I have been constrained by a limited budget for buying coins and the fact that I am scooping up some Litecoin. After the 20th I will be almost entirely on Bitcoin and Energycoin only.

Thx Haron for your support!
And interesting to read the PI developments.
My PI I use only for the wallet and more is not possible now but the new version is much better I understand.

Edit: Retweet: https://twitter.com/GEO_Jan/status/575927594937360385
Activity: 132
Merit: 100

You are right, I think I have messed things in my brain and the lot of files I previously had where logs  Roll Eyes (I'm getting old  Grin)

Sometimes looking at this stuff turns me around too and I have been building and maintaining computers for 25 years. I don't think it's age, I think this stuff can really mess with thy brain.

I do have to thank you though, I really do need to be more mindful of the file system on SD cards. I tend to get way to excited by new hardware and I miss small details.  
 People may correct me if Im wrong on this but these are the 2 files concerning the blockchain.

BLK0001.dat and BLKINDEX.dat

If so, then this is what the size looks like.

BLK0001.dat

Size of file: 506,112,981
 Size on disk: 506,118,144

-----------------------------------------------

BLKINDEX.dat

Size of file: 729,612,288
 Size on disk: 729,616,384

-----------------------------------------------

These where the sizes on my RPI 2 and you can see with 4M block size, it dose good as far as space utilization.
I just had a look and, yeah, Im at 4M block size on my file system. I do take a hit on small log files but so far what Im seeing indicates that most of my files are large enough to justify keeping my file system the way that it is.

I think I will watch it and see if I start accumulating small files to the point where reclaiming the wasted space is a good idea.

I think the blockchain use a file per block, but maybe I'm wrong.
I will have to have a look. Last I checked though, I have only seen 1 unified file as the blockchain. I could be wrong though.
 I just had a look and, yeah, Im at 4M block size on my file system. I do take a hit on small log files but so far what Im seeing indicates that most of my files are large enough to justify keeping my file system the way that it is.

I think I will watch it and see if I start accumulating small files to the point where reclaiming the wasted space is a good idea.
By the way, I found in my previous install that a lot of disk space is lost on the card (caused by small files)

What block Size have you used in your installation?

My previous SD card block size was 1m (just used the command line in the tuto) and I'm trying now with 512k but I wonder if I can go below with a 16gb card? (maybe 512k will be fine)

Left mine at 4M block size. To be honest, I was not thinking of the effects of smaller files and this is something that I will be looking at later, but even now, my 16GB SD card with everything I have plus the blockchain is something like 9.7GB remaining.

I really should have thought about the file sizes when I set things up though, because I bet Im getting a hella lot of wasted space.
I have had a Raspberry Pi 2 Running Energy coin for around 2 weeks. I think the biggest thing I notice is that it is actually possible to run a good number of other things while the wallet is open. On my B+ trying to  do much of anything else on the pi that was not command line while running the wallet was slow.

There are no real procedural differences to installing the wallet and dependencies on a RPI 2 and while I did bootstrap the blockchain, I did see signs that just letting the chain load from scratch should be faster oon the RPI 2 by a noticeable amount.

Im just happy that I now have a small low power system that I can do other things with while having the wallet open.

All in all, I would say the Pi 2 was worth it but I really wish for a SATA port darn it.

Dose anyone know if we will be able to define the blockchain location one day? I would like to be able to assign it do a drive or a partition of my choosing ( preferably without having to link ). 
legendary
Energy coin master
By the way, I have received today my Raspberry PI2, so I will reinstall everything from scratch.

I you have a process that you want me to check and validate, it's the right time, the PI2 is on my desk and I will start soon  Wink
Nice you can check: http://energycoin.pw/forum/index.php/topic/751-energycoin-eco-green-node-deployment-project-on-raspberry-pi/?p=1185
There is all the info I have. Also in the OP is info I saw.
Pleace give feedback if you think it must be modified.
Succes. I followed the procedure in the firs post two weeks ago but downloading took 1 week.
If there is a more easy way with a boodstrap then share it.
legendary
Energy coin master
Small trading update.
Quick profit with EnergyCoin is not posible you have to be patient.
Thank you all for the buy orders but they are drying out.
I have 0.5 BTC in the low range and each day I trade with a frind to maintain volume.
I Have no sell orders and not intended to sell 1 coin for BTC. I accumulate ns small amounts to keep the marked going.
In the picture below you can see where my buy orders are:

I need some help to not let implode to exchange rate! Each buy order is welcome!
Today I talked with posible investment but that takes time and in cryptoland nowone is patient.

I have some other coins I investigate and follow on Bitcointal check picture below.

But EnergyCoin comes on the first place becouse I believe:
EnergyCoin Green Cryptocurrency of the future
legendary
Energy coin master
If we go for this, let's not buy higher than 20 and not sell below 500.

Pump and dumpers will go out fast to play somewhere else. (until we hit 500)

The issue would be to maintain the 0.2 BTC/day average, so for this we can't follow this strategie.

Thank you for your investment in Energycoin Geo4jan  Wink (I have retweeted your tweet, but have no followers XD )
thx sordokan I appriciate you and others support. The strategie to maintain the 0.2 is good and one day we fly and get our rewards.
legendary
Energy coin master

This project always excites me I am grateful for all the work you do Jan!

Let's raise the bar

Auto-Gentleman agreement with myself  Wink

From now and till I change my mind, I don't sell anymore under 500 sat  Kiss

There is always very little resistance on the sell side when it runs it will run huge... PLUS the coins Jan put away! Not much left out there... so when it goes it will go!

thx, not all owners of ENRG have trust after my posts. Some extra sell orders and removal of buy order 1 BTC @20 Satoshi.
No problem I put buy order below that level if someone dumps a lot of ENRG!
I shall never sell the 20M coins.but maybe not all holders are sure I do.
This coin diserved a place on the frontpage of coinmarketcap in the top 20!
legendary
Energy coin master
The new EnergyCoin Foundation wallet address: eHoCfaepXXUeuz36eCRabcRPmB9Hanfdqc
I move the cons there in a few minutes.
I 'm serieos taking with the founder of GPX and soon we have some options of implementatian and shareholders has to dicide if GPX want to go furter with the ideas we have. We (as comunity) have a very serious partner in GPX but we have no funds jet to implement and build a sandbak for a showcase. The idea's we have are great and have so much potential but it is a complete other way you prove that you consume Green Power. GPX is a system of booking the source of green energy. Now you have certification but you can not prove you consume that spesific source of energy becous energy is anonimous (the electrons can not be labeled) and go into one grid whit all the other energy. GPX owns an octroi that can be used to prove on large and small scale you have green energy produced. The consumer can choice the source they want to consume and it doen't matter that it goes into the network for transportation. You can see it as a crypto solution and the blockchain is used for booking of the energy. We discussed the posibility if it is posible to use the energycoin blockchain for the booking process, I'm not a blockchain expert, but I know you can store information into a blockshain. If we can find the right investors we can controll the Global Green Power market and we can dreaming of 1 ENRG = 1 MWH (not KWH)!

This project always excites me I am grateful for all the work you do Jan!

Let's raise the bar

There is always very little resistance on the sell side when it runs it will run huge... PLUS the coins Jan put away! Not much left out there... so when it goes it will go!
legendary
Energy coin master
I 'm serieos taking with the founder of GPX and soon we have some options of implementatian and shareholders has to dicide if GPX want to go furter with the ideas we have. We (as comunity) have a very serious partner in GPX but we have no funds jet to implement and build a sandbak for a showcase. The idea's we have are great and have so much potential but it is a complete other way you prove that you consume Green Power. GPX is a system of booking the source of green energy. Now you have certification but you can not prove you consume that spesific source of energy becous energy is anonimous (the electrons can not be labeled) and go into one grid whit all the other energy. GPX owns an octroi that can be used to prove on large and small scale you have green energy produced. The consumer can choice the source they want to consume and it doen't matter that it goes into the network for transportation. You can see it as a crypto solution and the blockchain is used for booking of the energy. We discussed the posibility if it is posible to use the energycoin blockchain for the booking process, I'm not a blockchain expert, but I know you can store information into a blockshain. If we can find the right investors we can controll the Global Green Power market and we can dreaming of 1 ENRG = 1 MWH (not KWH)!
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007
Small update I go today to SmartGrid event and I hoop to meet intresting people from the Green Energy Sector and have some great talks about application of EnergyCoin.
I travel with founder of EnergyBank and hope soon we come to an agreement about application for citizen particpation smartgrid usage reward system.

Awesome news! Please let us know how it goes, and good luck, Smiley. And have fun!
It was a very frutfull day and collected 10 business cards from SmartGrid Energy people.
The concepts I had in mind are applicable and make sence.
Nobody is aware of the posibilities EnergyCoin can have and they are so easy to create.
With the information of origin of green energy the busniess case of GPX (Global or Green Power Exchange) many applications on various scales can be made.

Did anyone happen to show interest in pursuing it further as a business model, though, or was it mostly just "that's cool" and the like?
legendary
Energy coin master
Small update I go today to SmartGrid event and I hoop to meet intresting people from the Green Energy Sector and have some great talks about application of EnergyCoin.
I travel with founder of EnergyBank and hope soon we come to an agreement about application for citizen particpation smartgrid usage reward system.

Awesome news! Please let us know how it goes, and good luck, Smiley. And have fun!
It was a very frutfull day and collected 10 business cards from SmartGrid Energy people.
The concepts I had in mind are applicable and make sence.
Nobody is aware of the posibilities EnergyCoin can have and they are so easy to create.
With the information of origin of green energy the busniess case of GPX (Global or Green Power Exchange) many applications on various scales can be made.
Let's raise the bar

Haha I am with you on that Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: