Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][FC] Fuguecoin - Fugue256 hash, Launched! NO PRE-M! CPU/GPU minable! - page 42. (Read 122102 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502
edit: where is the source code ?

I am not in the business of making cpu mining software, really.

agran, the sourcecode repo you pointed out is the wallet software. I think it's better to start with some cpuminer fork (either pooler's or Jeff Garzik's).
If any mining pools are offering cpuminer binaries based on one of these two, you can just ask for the source code (GPL requirement!)

the wallet can only solo mine, and that may become pointless at some time. So any CPU optimizations in the wallet would be pointless too.

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Guys, to optimize cpu miners use a midstate approach.

You can put the block header's first 80 bytes (including nonce) into the sph_fugue256() function
and all that changes between hashes in the sph_fugue256_context is the ctx_fugue.partial field
which is nonce in big endian notation.

Duh, so precompute state once per scanhash call -  all remaining work is done in
sph_fugue256_close() run inside the scan loop. instant 5x speed gain.

My Phenom II X6 got 2.5 MHash/s out of this on 6 cores.

It's a low hanging fruit really.

Next, address SSE2 or AVX vectorization and get close to 5-10 MHash/s.

Christian

Hmm... can you compile a windows x64 binary for us/me please Huh

Thank!

edit: where is the source code ?
where is?

this brief posting is all you will get from me Wink

I'll leave it to others to optimize the CPU miners.
Still wtb at 500 satoshis, pm offers
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
Is anyone else having a issue getting minerd working on windows8?  I'm running 32 bit, that is probably the problem.
Activity: 28
Well i missed the boat on this one.  

Yeah, I missed it, too. I wish I got into to this coin in the early days. Same with Bitcoin. I wish I started there a few years earlier...

These days the "early days" for new coins is basically the first 5-10 minutes Smiley
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
hm
Well i missed the boat on this one.  

Yeah, I missed it, too. I wish I got into to this coin in the early days. Same with Bitcoin. I wish I started there a few years earlier...
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
Quote from: cbuchner1
where is?
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Well i missed the boat on this one.  I stuck 8320's in my mining rigs specifically for the purposes of CPU mining, but everything gets raped by the VPS miners and botnets, and the secret GPU miners of course.  Even good old scypt coins getting tougher and tougher to mine with these massive GPU farms and now scrypt ASICs here.  I remember the days when my 4200 khs made me one of the top dogs on most new coins.  Sure we got scrypt-jane and a bunch of other GPU only algos, but eventually investors will stop caring that we want our mining rigs to continue being profitable and see through the facade of "decentralization!!!  GPU mining forever!!".

Don't mind me, just been here a year (which is still nothing compared to some of these guys) and reminiscing on "the good 'ole days".

Anyway, thanks for giving my 8320's something to do for a while.  Hopefully I scoop up a couple hundred at least before the difficulty hits 1000.
Activity: 238

You can put the block header's first 80 bytes (including nonce) into the sph_fugue256() function
and all that changes between hashes in the sph_fugue256_context is the ctx_fugue.partial field

Duh, so precompute state once per scanhash call -  all remaining work is done in

My Phenon II X6 got 2.5 MHash/s out of this on 6 cores.

Christian

As usual excellent job!

My Phenom II X6 got 2.5 MHash/s out of this on 6 cores.

Christian
Activity: 8
Is the pool down for anyone else?
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Code:

hashes are not bytes, you know Wink
Ok, fixed.
Activity: 7
Is this minerd for the pool only for windows or can the regular linux minerd work if we point it to

minerd -a fugue -o stratum+tcp://fc.minepool.cc:10029 -u WORKER -p PASSWORD --threads=THREADS

?
Activity: 92
has not traded on stock exchanges?
Activity: 64
Merit: 11
http://agran.net/fuguecoin_calc.php

Added select the dimension of speed.
hash/s, kilohash/s, megahash/s.

Code:

hashes are not bytes, you know Wink
Activity: 61
The pool does not work and the difficulty increase a lot...

This coin will die and nobody will want to mine it if that continue like it.

Pool works like a charm. Be sure you use right address http://fc.minepool.cc:81/

how do you use minerd with the pool. it doesnt work

this >>

minerd -a fugue -o stratum+tcp://fc.minepool.cc:10029 -u WORKER -p PASSWORD --threads=THREADS

Original link: http://aqqyb7imxq.l57.yunpan.cn/lk/QIATaCQCXyUhT

Mirror: http://www.sendspace.com/file/wiora5

Cool

Original link: http://aqqyb7imxq.l57.yunpan.cn/lk/QIATaCQCXyUhT

Mirror: http://www.sendspace.com/file/wiora5

Cool
Activity: 14
anyone who mining this coin,tell how does it work better
Pages:
Jump to: